Author Topic: DENNIS TINERINO: A Victim of America`s Crappy For Profit HEALTHCARE system.  (Read 23229 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
You won`t post anything you mindless bankrupt deadbeat scoundrel.   You don`t have two dimes of your own to rub together.  Only bums  masquerade as you do when the reality is as cold and as harsh as a Donner Winter Party; your website is a broke down ghost-town, your body is horrible rubbish and your intelligence, according to James Watson and your military evaluation, is average to below average.

There not much left here to discuss other than your pathetic attempts to back peddle your tandem of self-delusion into the brick wall of reality.  Heres to hoping that occurs.

rarely do I see anyone strive to write/speak in such erudite fashion
and fail

you try too hard, dude

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum

I have to say that's pretty pathetic.  When I was being laid off from Alltel, some people were trying to go to court and do this and that but I just took all the money I could including the fat severence pay and took my happy ass on instead of wasting it on crap like that.

MCCI is one of the largest suppliers of USB ports and they could care less about Matt's demands for his bonus or 2 week notice.  Matt is smart enough to have known that.

That's true Vince, but I believe it was three of us who quit over the bonus issue so I seem to doubt that the training time was worth their losing the $6,000 they paid in training.  Also, the issue was legitimately their mistake - there were certain terms for getting the bonus which some of us were not informed of and we had evidence of this.  I could have disputed it but just decided to drop it.  That absolutely cemented that I cannot ever work for another person.

Also, it points out a flaw of capitalism - that not everyone follows the rules perfectly which may require regulation.  However, as a libertarian I would argue that if one employer is corrupt that the free market will have a demand for employers who are not and the market should be more or less self-correcting.  I am kind of idealistic when it comes to capitalism though.

The US system is excellent, even if imperfect.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Again Chimps I must ask you why you are incapable of offering a counterpoint, based on philosophical reasoning, and a well constructed argument.You are clearly intelligent and well read, surely you can put down the quick, "Throw a Bon Mott and run!" strategy long enough to actually refute Matt C.

I am not even talking about this post/thread specifically, but rather in general, you have a tendency to be condescending, without actually offering any sort of decent rebuttal.

Apparently you are living the Getbig way!  :-[

when Matt and Coach post I usually just scroll past them and read Dr. Chimps' clever retorts

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
That's true Vince, but I believe it was three of us who quit over the bonus issue so I seem to doubt that the training time was worth their losing the $6,000 they paid in training.  Also, the issue was legitimately their mistake - there were certain terms for getting the bonus which some of us were not informed of and we had evidence of this.  I could have disputed it but just decided to drop it.  That absolutely cemented that I cannot ever work for another person.

Also, it points out a flaw of capitalism - that not everyone follows the rules perfectly which may require regulation.  However, as a libertarian I would argue that if one employer is corrupt that the free market will have a demand for employers who are not and the market should be more or less self-correcting.  I am kind of idealistic when it comes to capitalism though.

The US system is excellent, even if imperfect.

$6,000 is nothing to a company like MCCI, Matt.  Your protest didn't matter whatsoever

As far as our healthcare system, Adonis is somewhat right.  Our healthcare system sucks because its a for profit system.  They treat patients based on whether they can pay or not.  If they can, they get great treatment, if not...you get set home to die for the most part.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

As far as the value of your website is concerned, I think you've seriously overvalued it for what it is.  You have not updated your main page since you first built it and quite frankly, it looks seriously out of date and in need of work and your ads on the discussion board don't flow too well
A

Matt C

• Getbig V

$6,000 is nothing to a company like MCCI, Matt.  Your protest didn't matter whatsoever

As far as our healthcare system, Adonis is somewhat right.  Our healthcare system sucks because its a for profit system.  They treat patients based on whether they can pay or not.  If they can, they get great treatment, if not...you get set home to die for the most part.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

As far as the value of your website is concerned, I think you've seriously overvalued it for what it is.  You have not updated your main page since you first built it and quite frankly, it looks seriously out of date and in need of work and your ads on the discussion board don't flow too well

I still don't see how it was worth MCCI $6,000 to steal $210 in bonus monies from Verizon that rightfully belonged to their employees.  Seems like weighing the costs and the benefits, that decision made no sense.  I could be wrong though but I just don't see how that decision was a sound one.

In reality they figured no one would quit over it and they could have the best of both worlds.  It didn't work out that way.

As for the value of my website - it's huge and I have put in over 10,000 hours of work into it.  Cleaning up the main page template is something I want to do immediately but I need to find someone adequate to do it for me first.  When the template was created in 2002, it was a good one.

Bodybuilding.com's SuperSite template is nothing spectacular, but it does the job and I wish to improve my template to one resembling that.  Honestly, this is not hard to do, it's just that being one person my website is hard to manage alone.  Any given business is worth 3-5 years revenue so I have no reason to believe that my website is not worth $100,000.  Plus if I sold it for that amount, what could I invest that money in which would pay off as much as my website has?

As for the grass being greener, you are correct - but this applies to you too.  The Canadian system is good but certainly not tremendously better than the US system.  Keep in mind the grass being greener does go both ways.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I still don't see how it was worth MCCI $6,000 to steal $210 in bonus monies from Verizon that rightfully belonged to their employees.  Seems like weighing the costs and the benefits, that decision made no sense.  I could be wrong though but I just don't see how that decision was a sound one.

In reality they figured no one would quit over it and they could have the best of both worlds.  It didn't work out that way.

As for the value of my website - it's huge and I have put in over 10,000 hours of work into it.  Cleaning up the main page template is something I want to do immediately but I need to find someone adequate to do it for me first.  When the template was created in 2002, it was a good one.

Bodybuilding.com's SuperSite template is nothing spectacular, but it does the job and I wish to improve my template to one resembling that.  Honestly, this is not hard to do, it's just that being one person my website is hard to manage alone.  Any given business is worth 3-5 years revenue so I have no reason to believe that my website is not worth $100,000.  Plus if I sold it for that amount, what could I invest that money in which would pay off as much as my website has?

As for the grass being greener, you are correct - but this applies to you too.  The Canadian system is good but certainly not tremendously better than the US system.  Keep in mind the grass being greener does go both ways.

I run 9 different websites and I manage just fine, you simply just have to take the time to do the work with only has to be done every few years.  Quite frankly, if you are self employed like I am, time isn't even an issue. 

Honestly, you can't afford not to.  Your only getting discussion board traffic which doesn't pay anything. 
A

Matt C

• Getbig V
I run 9 different websites and I manage just fine, you simply just have to take the time to do the work with only has to be done every few years.  Quite frankly, if you are self employed like I am, time isn't even an issue. 

Honestly, you can't afford not to.  Your only getting discussion board traffic which doesn't pay anything. 

It's true but in my case it is not a matter of time but a matter of skill.  I could create a better template but I want to hire a professional to create a great template - one that would be a complete improvement of the current old look.

My discussion board traffic is up, but this is the traffic area of the site that is growing.  For years it was just the main site that got the traffic.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
What is the point of posting this? I DO NOT Support A Profit Based Health Insurance system which is what Obama`s plan is.  Its no different than what you had last year, 20 years etc...Its just a tiny, tiny, bit better but it still keeps the Health Insurance companies at the forefront which means the profit motive is intact as they rack up by continually not covering care.

I do not support Obama`s plan. I support Universal Nationalized Single Payer Healthcare open to all.

you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first. If the voters have anything to say about it, your Precious Obama will be history in 2012. I just hope the Conservative that gets elected can reverse the damage P-BO has done and will do until then.,..

Matt C

• Getbig V
you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first. If the voters have anything to say about it, your Precious Obama will be history in 2012. I just hope the Conservative that gets elected can reverse the damage P-BO has done and will do until then.,..

Very well said.  It's not that I am a fan of Bush but the US middle class is not exactly benefiting from Obama's big government interventionism.  I would be shocked if Obama makes it to a second term
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Very well said.  It's not that I am a fan of Bush but the US middle class is not exactly benefiting from Obama's big government interventionism.  I would be shocked if Obama makes it to a second term

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3151&emailView=1

Federal Income Taxes on Middle-Income Families at Historically Low Levels

By Chuck Marr and Gillian Brunet
April 14, 2010

Middle-income Americans are now paying federal taxes at or near historically low levels, according to the latest available data. That’s true whether it comes to their federal income taxes or their total federal taxes.
Income taxes: A family of four in the exact middle of the income spectrum will pay only 4.6 percent of its income in federal income taxes this year, according to a new analysis by the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center. This is the second-lowest percentage in the past 50 years.
 Overall federal taxes: Middle-income households are paying overall federal taxes — which include income as well as payroll and excise taxes — at or near their lowest levels in decades, according to the latest data from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

Federal Income Taxes Have Declined Significantly in Recent Decades

Federal income taxes on middle-income families have declined significantly in recent decades (see Figure 1).
In 2000, the year before the 2001 tax cut that President Bush and Congress enacted, the median-income family of four paid 8.0 percent of its income in individual income taxes, according to Tax Policy Center estimates — a smaller share than in any year since 1967 (except for 1998 and 1999). [1] The Bush tax cuts further reduced middle-income tax obligations.
This year, the Making Work Pay tax credit, which President Obama and Congress enacted as part of the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, is providing a credit of $800 to married joint filers ($400 to single filers). A median-income family with two children thus will receive an $800 tax cut in the return it files this year.
With the new tax cut, the median family’s federal income taxes will equal just 4.6 percent of its income in 2009. That is lower than in any year since 1955 (the first year for which these data are available) except for 2008, when another stimulus-related tax cut was in effect.
The 4.6 percent effective tax rate — the percentage of its income that a family pays in taxes — is well below the 15 percent marginal tax rate that a family of four in the exact middle of the income spectrum faces. Typically, such a family reduces its effective tax rate by taking the standard deduction (or, in some cases, itemized deductions), personal exemptions, and tax credits such as the child tax credit. The Making Work Pay tax credit further reduces that family’s effective tax rate.

Overall Federal Taxes Also at Low Levels
The decline in income taxes on middle-class households in recent years has driven a decline in these households’ overall federal taxes.
Households in the middle fifth of the income spectrum paid an average of 14.2 percent of their income in overall federal taxes in 2006, the latest year for which data are available, according to CBO.[2] This is just slightly above this group’s effective tax rate of 13.8 percent in 2003, which was the lowest level since at least 1979.
Most Americans pay more in payroll taxes, which support Social Security and Medicare, than they do in income taxes. Thus, the 14.2 percent figure reflects the impact of payroll taxes far more than income taxes.
Due to the impact of the recession and the temporary tax cuts in the Recovery Act, particularly the Making Work Pay tax credit, CBO data for 2009 (when they become available) will likely show that middle-income families faced significantly lower effective overall federal tax rates than in 2006.

End Notes:
[1] Tax Policy Center, “Historical Federal Income Tax Rates for a Family of Four,” April 12, 2010. The Tax Policy Center’s estimates were derived by updating (using Treasury’s methodology) a 1998 Treasury Department analysis that examined changes since 1955 in the percentage of income that the median-income family of four pays in federal income taxes.
[2] The CBO study covers the 1979-2006 period and includes federal income, payroll, and excise taxes. Congressional Budget Office, “Historical Effective Federal Tax Rates, 1979-2006,” April 2009.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Very well said.  It's not that I am a fan of Bush but the US middle class is not exactly benefiting from Obama's big government interventionism.  I would be shocked if Obama makes it to a second term
http://www.propublica.org/special/government-bailouts

Bailouts which Bush gave us,

Airline Industry   2001   The terrorist attacks of September 11 crippled an already financially troubled industry. To bail out the airlines, President Bush signed into law the Air Transportation Safety and Stabilization Act, which compensated airlines for the mandatory grounding of aircraft after the attacks. The act released $5 billion in compensation and an additional $10 billion in loan guarantees or other federal credit instruments. (What happened after the bailout?)   $18.6 billion
●   Bear Stearns   2008    JP Morgan Chase and the federal government bailed out Bear Stearns when the financial giant neared collapse. JP Morgan purchased Bear Stearns for $236 million; the Federal Reserve provided a $30 billion credit line to ensure the sale could move forward.   $30 billion
●   Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac   2008   On Sep. 7, 2008, Fannie and Freddie were essentially nationalized: placed under the conservatorship of the Federal Housing Finance Agency. Under the terms of the rescue, the Treasury has invested billions to cover the companies' losses. Initially, Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson put a ceiling of $100 billion for investments in each company. In February, Tim Geithner raised it to $200 billion. The money was authorized by the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.   $400 billion
●   American International Group (A.I.G.)   2008   On four separate occasions, the government has offered aid to AIG to keep it from collapsing, rising from an initial $85 billion credit line from the Federal Reserve to a combined $180 billion effort between the Treasury ($70 billion) and Fed ($110 billion). ($40 billion of the Treasury’s commitment is also included in the TARP total.)   $180 billion
●   Auto Industry   2008   In late September 2008, Congress approved a more than $630 billion spending bill, which included a measure for $25 billion in loans to the auto industry. These low-interest loans are intended to aid the industry in its push to build more fuel-efficient, environmentally-friendly vehicles. The Detroit 3 -- General Motors, Ford and Chrysler -- will be the primary beneficiaries.   $25 billion
●   Troubled Asset Relief Program   2008   In October 2008, Congress passed the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, which authorized the Treasury Department to spend $700 billion to combat the financial crisis. Treasury has been doling out the money via an alphabet soup of different programs. Here’s our running tally of companies getting TARP funds.   $700 billion
●   Citigroup   2008   Citigroup received a $25 billion investment through the TARP in October and another $20 billion in November. (That $45 billion is also included in the TARP total.) Additional aid has come in the form of government guarantees to limit losses from a $301 billion pool of toxic assets. In addition to the Treasury's $5 billion commitment, the FDIC has committed $10 billion and the Federal Reserve up to about $220 billion.   $280 billion

Matt C

• Getbig V
Bailouts which Bush gave us,

Yeah so let's just give the government more power under the promise of social spending and just cross our fingers and hope that this power doesn't get abused in the fashion above ever again.  ::)

Brilliant.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Yeah so let's just give the government more power under the promise of social spending and just cross our fingers and hope that this power doesn't get abused in the fashion above ever again.  ::)

Brilliant.

Still owning the pampered cut and paste girly boy.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Yeah so let's just give the government more power under the promise of social spending and just cross our fingers and hope that this power doesn't get abused in the fashion above ever again.  ::)

Brilliant.
???
Oh I don`t have time to explain the collapse of the American Financial Market due to lax regulation.

I`m done with you Matt C.  You are not well versed enough to even argue with.  Join our political board if you wish to get into it. 

Also, how is that bank transaction coming along.   ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
???

I`m done with you Matt C.  You are not well versed enough to even argue with.  Join our political board if you wish to get into it. 

It took you seven pages to realise  ???

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
???
Oh I don`t have time to explain the collapse of the American Financial Market due to lax regulation.

Also, how is that bank transaction coming along.   ;D

Amazing how you fucking Liberals come up with the whole "I'm done with you" post when you have nothing else to throw at someone that is correct in their post. Go Home and regroup, you really need some alone time to think about your Utopia type world.