Author Topic: " All-loving God "  (Read 43974 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: " All-loving God "
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 05:35:46 AM »
And God said to Cyrus...

Isaiah:45-7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things]."

Oh, that's low, Wikidudeman!    :)

The word "evil" in Isaiah:45-7 means "bad" or  "unpleasant things", just like in Jeremiah 24:3 "evil" figs means "bad" figs:

Jeremiah 24:3
"Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil."

Yes, God creates "evil" in the sense that He sometimes causes "bad" or  "unpleasant things" to happen for a good reason, Noah's flood, the 10 plagues of Egypt, etc.  But God did NOT create evil.

God is good, and to say that God made this kid shoot all those people is..."evil"

Psalm 5:4
You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.

James 1:13
When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

Psalm 145:17
The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.

Nahum 1:7
The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

Psalm 145:9
The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 05:51:18 AM »
I think that God and the Devil are one and the same.

I don't believe in the Christian God.  The Christian God to me is both Good and Evil.

Are you saying that the Christian God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the devil?  Surely, you are not saying that.

Friend,
Choose your words carefully!  I'd be very careful if I were you.  May God have mercy on your soul!

Mark 3:22-30
22And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebub[a]! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons."
23So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? 24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house. 28I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
30He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

Matthew 12:31-32
31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »
I donno loco,  it looks GOD just said he did create evil.   He says Evil attaching it to "figs" in the other verse, but in the Isaiah verse, unless there's more to the paragraph, he directly says he creates evil.   

If anything he attached to "peace" witch opposite means war right?  So God creates war?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 09:21:33 AM »
it looks GOD just said he did create evil.

Ozmo,
It's not in past tense.  It's in present tense.  For the sake of this discussion, that makes a huge difference.

He says Evil attaching it to "figs" in the other verse, but in the Isaiah verse, unless there's more to the paragraph, he directly says he creates evil.   

Not just to the paragraph, but there is more to the entire Bible.  That's why I posted the many other Bible verses that say God is good, God does not enjoy evil, etc.  Care to comment on those many verses?

If anything he attached to "peace" witch opposite means war right? 

If you want to argue that "evil" in Isaiah:45-7 means "war", I'm okay with that.  Some wars, Noah's flood, the 10 plagues of Egypt, etc. would fall under "bad" and "unpleasant things" God creates when necessary.

So God creates war?

Yes.  God loves peace, but war is some times necessary in this sinful world.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 09:22:32 AM »

"In other words, do as I say, but not as I do.  I mean, do as I do, but not as I say.  No, wait, do as I intend, but not as I do or say."

What the hell does this guy want?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 09:23:38 AM »
If you want to argue that "evil" in Isaiah:45-7 means "war", I'm okay with that.  Some wars, Noah's flood, the 10 plagues of Egypt, etc. would fall under "bad" and "unpleasant things" God creates when necessary.

So your God admits to mass murder and you still follow him?

What kind of person are you??

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »
"In other words, do as I say, but not as I do."

So what?  What's the problem? Why do you interpret it like that?  I don't see it your way.  The law of the land says I can't carry a gun, but cops carry a gun.  The law says I can't shoot someone, but cops do.  The law says not to take justice into my own hands.

How is that different from God saying

Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord

God is above all.  He is sovereign.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 09:54:32 AM »
So your God admits to mass murder and you still follow him?

God does not admit to mass murder.  Where did you get that from?

Tre,
Why do you always post crazy statements about God, about Christianity and about the Bible?

"sin is mandatory"?
"Adam's sin is a gift from God"?
"The Bible says that the Bible is amoral"?
"God admits to mass murder"?

Where do you get all this crazy stuff?  Certainly not from Christian doctrine and not from the Bible.

When you said that "The Bible says that the Bible is amoral", I asked you to post where the Bible says that and you never replied to my post.

What kind of person are you??

What kind of person are you?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »
Ozmo,
It's not in past tense.  It's in present tense.  For the sake of this discussion, that makes a huge difference.

Not just to the paragraph, but there is more to the entire Bible.  That's why I posted the many other Bible verses that say God is good, God does not enjoy evil, etc.  Care to comment on those many verses?

Yes.  God loves peace, but war is some times necessary in this sinful world.

the tense is not that big of a difference really......here's why:

"I did create evil"

"I create evil"

"I create evil" means in the presence tense that he creates  evil.

Like a clock maker.

"I did build clocks"

"I build Clocks"

See what i mean?

God creates evil according tot he Bible.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 10:35:50 AM »
the tense is not that big of a difference really......here's why:

"I did create evil"

"I create evil"

"I create evil" means in the presence tense that he creates  evil.

Like a clock maker.

"I did build clocks"

"I build Clocks"

See what i mean?

God creates evil according tot he Bible.

Tense is a huge deal here.  Actually, your clock example supports what I'm saying. 

A clock maker builds clocks.  This means that he has built clocks, he is building a clock, and he will build clocks.

There are many clocks, but Evil is singular.  Evil has existed for ages.  So it does not need to be created again.  So Evil is not what the Bible is talking about here.  God did NOT create Evil.  Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God DID create Evil.  This along with all the other verses below support what I'm saying.

"Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil."

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »
Still no answer as to why inncoent people die if "evil" people decide it's their time to die. If God has no power to protect these innocents, then He is accepting the outcome. For what? Kicks?

Christians try to interpret what the Bible says, and in some cases, they say it's a mystery.
To me, people believing in the Bible and God are not different than people who believe in vampires, witches and psychics. The people who assembled the Bible had no insight that one day, science and commmon sense would be able to dispell at lot of their scriptures. Had they known, they would have made it even more vague then it is now.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007, 10:53:44 AM »
Christians try to interpret what the Bible says, and in some cases, they say it's a mystery.
To me, people believing in the Bible and God are not different than people who believe in vampires, witches and psychics. The people who assembled the Bible had no insight that one day, science and commmon sense would be able to dispell at lot of their scriptures. Had they known, they would have made it even more vague then it is now.

Really?  Explain these for me then...if you can.

Checkable Biblical Accuracy
http://www.doesgodexist.org/Charts/CheckableBiblicalAccuracy.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
Tense is a huge deal here.  Actually, your clock example supports what I'm saying. 

A clock maker builds clocks.  This means that he has built clocks, he is building a clock, and he will build clocks.

There are many clocks, but Evil is singular.  Evil has existed for ages.  So it does not need to be created again.  So Evil is not what the Bible is talking about here.  God did NOT create Evil.  Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God DID create Evil.  This along with all the other verses below support what I'm saying.

Based on what he said though he "does create evil"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2007, 10:57:03 AM »
Based on what he said though he "does create evil"

Yes, God does create "evil figs".   ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »
Yes, God does create "evil figs".   ;D

and he creates "evil"

no spinning it, loco.   The bible says God creates evil.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2007, 11:14:35 AM »
and he creates "evil"

no spinning it, loco.   The bible says God creates evil.

But it never says that God created Evil.  No spinning it, Ozmo.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2007, 11:34:16 AM »
But it never says that God created Evil.  No spinning it, Ozmo.

then are you saying the BIBLE is not the world of GOD?

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things]."

I (God) create evil.

If you want to go the "war" route:

which is the same as

I create:

-  death
-  destruction
-  the death of innocents
-  suffering
-  loss
-  hunger
-  torture
-  the maimed
-  cripples
-  homeless
-  starvation
-  motherless children
-  fatherless children
-  rape
-  pillaging

and the list could go on and on.........

One heck of a God identified in these "word of GOd" texts huh loco?

A real compassionate, loving sort.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »

Right, it is not the world of God

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »

I (God) create evil.

If you want to go the "war" route:

which is the same as

I create:

-  death
-  destruction
-  the death of innocents
-  suffering
-  loss
-  hunger
-  torture
-  the maimed
-  cripples
-  homeless
-  starvation
-  motherless children
-  fatherless children
-  rape
-  pillaging

and the list could go on and on.........

One heck of a God identified in these "word of GOd" texts huh loco?

A real compassionate, loving sort.

The Bible is the Word of God.  Now quote the Bible on every single thing you just wrote and then we'll discuss from there.  Otherwise, I disagree with you.  You are just putting your own words in God's Word.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2007, 11:55:22 AM »
The Bible is the Word of God.  Now quote the Bible on every single thing you just wrote and then we'll discuss from there.  Otherwise, I disagree with you.  You are just putting your own words in God's Word.

Who's putting words in God's mouth????????????????????????

It's plain as day

I (god) create evil.     do you deny this text?  do you deny the word of God here?

And further more:  is war NOT all those things?  Do you deny that also?

You are always quoting hte Bible, always saying it's the word of GOD and here we are.....the Word of GOD in simple terms:

I create evil.

And you deny it.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2007, 11:57:08 AM »
Good point, Colossus!
Thanks, bro. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2007, 11:57:56 AM »
This is why, among other things, i say the BIBLE is NOT the 100% word of GOD.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »
It is our choices that determine how we grow.

That's where free will comes in.  It is a gift from GOD. 

when we chose the road less traveled we often grow, when we chose the easy way out, like this guy in Virginia, we don't grow.

So in a sense , GOD has given us the gift of choosing to grow spiritually.

God is with us always and there anytime we call on him.  All of our hairs are counted so to speak.   :)
Good points, Ozmo!  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2007, 12:00:15 PM »
Good points, Ozmo! 

Thanks C-500.   God is always with us, at all times, in times of trouble, in times of need, and in times of joy.  He never gives us obstacles we cannot overcome and in doing so, we grow.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »
Who's putting words in God's mouth????????????????????????

It's plain as day

I (god) create evil.     do you deny this text?  do you deny the word of God here?

And further more:  is war NOT all those things?  Do you deny that also?

You are always quoting hte Bible, always saying it's the word of GOD and here we are.....the Word of GOD in simple terms:

I create evil.

And you deny it.

Quote the Bible where it says that God created Evil.  Quote the Bible where it says all those other things you said, rape, and all that stuff.  Then we'll discuss further.     ;D