Author Topic: Mayweather & Canelo face off  (Read 4269 times)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Mayweather & Canelo face off
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »
Best post in this thread.

You guys are both high.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
Yup, I'd like to see Broner fight the winner of Mattthysse/Garcia.  Golden looks to be pushing a Broner vs Maidana fight though.
Lol Maidana sucks....he's suppose to be some "killer" and he's always almost getting KO'd. Khan beat him and Devon outboxed him....Broner will stop him with body shots.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
fmw runs now about as much as a talks shit.  He's slowed down in both categories. he won't trade but will take him apart.  canelo will body punch like a young cotto, so fmw will need to stay active.  in order for him to win 9-10 rounds as people are predicting he will have to fight this guy.  canelo has 43 fights, is as old as the other greats when they ushered out champs of their eras.  this is the fight everyone wanted.  now, they are coming up with the green excuse.  if fmw was 22-23, the press and boxing fan base would be screaming he is fighting an over-the-hill champ. the best one i've heard is, fmw should fight canelo in 2 years.  why the fuck would he sit 2 yrs til 38 to let a stronger and younger opponent get even better?  now, that's a dumb boxing move.   
its good fight for floyd its bad fight for canelo

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »
Lol Maidana sucks....he's suppose to be some "killer" and he's always almost getting KO'd. Khan beat him and Devon outboxed him....Broner will stop him with body shots.
when did maidana get KOd?

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:19 PM »
when did maidana get KOd
Said almost, Ortiz put him on his ass 3 times, Khan dropped him with a bodyshot and he just beat the count...Soto Karass had him hurt, and last fight he got hurt again with a bodyshot. Tough guy yes, but just a puncher, he's slow and doesn't have good boxing skills.

Pressure fighters are known to be very durable, he's not.

Broner will stop him, trust me.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »
You guys are both high.

X2

Floyd is going to knock him out, actually. He wanted to knock out the last guy he fought but he fucked up his hand. The fight will be a replay of the Hatton fight.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »
Canelo will give Floyd  the toughest fight he's ever had in his career.

canelo isn't the body puncher and as seasoned as a young cotto.  what is his punch count per round?  he'll have to be as active as paul williams, because he doesn't have a young judah's hand speed, which disrupted fmw's defense.  second, canelo's knockout ratio is almost identical to fmw, so there goes the "power puncher" theory, he's more of a "wear you down" fighter.  his youth means a bit more stamina and activity, but other than those it ends up a unanimous decision for fmw.  mayweather is getting him early in the game, as he should.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 09:01:18 PM »
X2

Floyd is going to knock him out, actually. He wanted to knock out the last guy he fought but he fucked up his hand. The fight will be a replay of the Hatton fight.
;D if anything floyd gets a UD

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »
dela hoya better hook canelo with some EPO

thats the only chance he has because he wears you down he needs 20 round stamina for this fight

he needs to bring out his "inner chavez" lol cause if not he is getting decisioned

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 09:57:39 PM »
  I am still worried about it though
arce
im surprised @ your  view

you know boxing, styles make fights
Canelo lacks the foot speed and great jab to trouble FMW
when he is trying to get set for his pucnhes FMW will be hitting him all nite long with his lead right and check left hook
canelo hold his left too low
FMW still has his speed which is his biggest weapon
Canelo has a simialr style to cotto and FMW boxed the shit out of cotto

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 03:59:06 AM »
Canelo will give Floyd  the toughest fight he's ever had in his career.

How ... I don't see it .... His bout with trout could have gone either way and trout is mediocre compared to
Floyd...
choice is an illusion

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »
  I am a huge FMJ fan      I have just been around long enough to see EVERY one lose to father time

some people do retire with a zero though       Rocky M., Joe C., etc

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
How ... I don't see it .... His bout with trout could have gone either way and trout is mediocre compared to
Floyd...

people make it out like trout got demolished

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »
Trout is a natural Jr Middleweight, southpaw, never been knocked down, until Canelo touched him.

You can't use compare him to Mayweather, totally different fighters.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
Kick off press tour today

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:41 PM »
Its like a way better and proven version of Broner vs Money Mayweather.

I think Canelo has the power for a surprise KO / TKO stoppage. If he doesn't get that then FMW jr is going to wear him down with his superior defense and accurate shots.
all drugs - TPPIIP

whitewidow

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 01:48:17 AM »
Broner would push FMJ 12 rounds if not knock out FMJ but floyd would start running drawing the fight out 12 rounds. I know Adriens personality turns alot of people off! I think Adrien talks crazy shit on purpose! Adrien is trying to fill arenas! FMJ and Broner are good friends! FMJ wants nothing to do with fighting broner! I do not care what anybody says not just myself,but several boxing managerrs and promoters do NOT ant their fighters anywhere near adrien broner! Many managers and promoters are calling broner one of the most dangerous fighters they have ever seen! As far as canelo goes it is easy money for mayweather! Mayweathers defense is just way to good! Canelo will not do any damage to mayweather. The fight will go 12 rounds but it will be mayweather by decision. Floyds last fights will all  most likely go to judges scorecards. Floyd is a smart fighter. He is a TRUE Prize fighter. Guys like Brandon Rios, adrien broner, mike alvarado, Andre berto are all out for blood.