Author Topic: From Man to Beast. Working towards a 300kg deadlift  (Read 53629 times)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: From Man to Beast (Hopefully)
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2008, 05:53:46 AM »
Dude - impressive transformation.  I'm also impressed with your video - since I'm pretty technologically challenged and impress easily...

Hey - have you posted your diet on here?  What do you weigh now? 

Anyway, seriously way to go - and after just a year...damn.

Thanks man! There's nothing special about the diet. Imo people get too caught up in intricacies etc Just eat plenty of fruit and veg, white meats wholegrain carbs and drink plenty of water. It's really that simple. Unless you are preparing for a show I wouldn't worry about much else.

Right now I'm about 235-240lbs, though at a higher bf than in most recent pics from January.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2008, 08:35:56 AM »
Haven't trained today or yesterday, basically because I think my body is telling me it needs a break. I like shit right now  :( , so I think I'm overdoing it with the combination of work and training. Will hopefully be back in the gym tomorrow.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »
Hurt my back again yesterday. Seriously demoralised and reconsidering going to the worlds  :'(

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
Bro, find a good chiropractor and get some x-rays done.  Figure out what's wrong so you can fix it.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 05:43:59 AM »
Bro, find a good chiropractor and get some x-rays done.  Figure out what's wrong so you can fix it.

I know it's muscular and I know it's not a very serious back injury, but the problem is it's recurrent and it's more than enough to stop me training. I'm not going to deadlift for about two months I'd say and I'm going to try and get to a physio to have it checked out.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2008, 08:01:18 AM »
It can become a serious back injury if the injury keeps coming back over and over again. That should be your first clue. Are you sure 100% that it is a muscular injury and not ligament, tendon, spine/bone or nerve damage? Area inflamed, tender to the touch or a different color? I know if your in Europe it may take some time to  see medical personal. But never the less, you should seek some advice about the back. You do not want to be reffed to as the guy who was a strongman once, but look at the poor guy now. All because that back problem was neglected and treatment was delayed.

Do take that time away from regular DL'ing for a while. If upper pin (in a power rack) DL's do not bother the back, than try those for a while. Consider doing GM'ing with lighter and higher reps. That is, if either one  does not bother the back. If you have a coach or trainer, with even a little bit of knowledge, see what he might suggest. Good Luck.
F

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
Got to the physio last week and it seems to have helped a bit. Still not deadlifting, though I'm continuing with lots of supplementary exercises. I'll probably head back to the physio this week and work on stretching my back a little more

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »
Forgot to post this video from last week. My back is still sore on and off, but overall it's coming along.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2008, 04:58:30 AM »
Awesome transformation dude + you're strong as fuck.  I bet quitting drinking made a huge diff.  ;)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »
Beastly strength  :D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »
You make it look easy!

8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2008, 11:00:21 AM »
STRONG STRONG STRONG  :o

Good work !

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 07:04:57 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry I haven't updated this in ages. My back got seriously fucked, I got pissed off, went on a bit of a bender with the drink and I took five weeks off training. I started back into it and about that time uni was really intense and I had a few assignments and exam to do. This meant I didn't get much momentum up and after training about 4/5 times in a two week period I got a really bad chest infection. Just my luck  :'( This put me out of action for two weeks. Then Christmas and new year came about and I was just a bum. lol.

Back to it the last week or so. The national drug free single lifts are on Valentine's day this year. My gf will not be happy! But I hope to make the qualifiers for the world squat and deadlift. I have lost a lot of weight and got a bit chubby, but I've cleaned my diet up and training intensely again.

I hope to make the 180kg squat qualifier and the 200kg deadlift qualifier on Valentine's day. These are drug free unequipped junior qualifiers only.

I'm doing my best to get a mix of strength, muscle building and a little fat loss. You say impossible! I say.....I'll try. lol. I'm purposely overtraining my squat a bit. I find that when I do a lot of reps it crosses over very well to a max. I'm squatting 10x5 whenever I feel I can, which is generally every other day. Today was the third squat workout I had back and I managed the 50 reps with 100kg in 7 minutes and 50 seconds. I'll keep upping the weight and keeping rest periods short in order to burn off the fat and simultaneously encourage my legs to grow. Believe me, this should work, although it doesn't sound too smart  ;D

I still get back pain here and there, but I'm targeting the weak right side with a few lower back exercises and doing a range of reps on the deadlifts to try and get some muscle built in around there and also get some power back.

In short my immediate target:
14th Feb
180kg Squat
200kg Deadlift
(After 5 1/2 weeks back to training)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 07:05:47 AM »
Oh, I also meant to say that I hope to get involved in some strongman training in the next few months once I have got my base level of strength back.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2009, 06:44:39 AM »
Wow, I'm gassed. Just in from my workout. It was pretty intense, but I'm really happy my training is picking up again. I basically did a full body today. Legs, lower back, chest and upper back.

This is the second consecutive day I've squatted. It was tougher today, but felt good. I haven't had DOMS at all, which is a good sign I'm not overtraining. I think I'll take tomorrow off the squats and do a bit on hamstrings, shoulders and triceps. I have an exam in uni, so I'll trainm afterwards to clear my head.

All in all I'm just happy to be back in the gym and making some progress. I hope to deadlift 300lbs by early next week. Wow! lol. It's an achievement for me considering I haven't deadlifted in a few months. Every little helps.

I thought of another target today. 150lb on the rolling thunder. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it's something to aim for.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »
Glad to see you're back at it. Good luck!

PS - rolling thunder sucks >:(

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »
Glad to see you're back at it. Good luck!

PS - rolling thunder sucks >:(

Cheers. What's wrong with the rolling thunder?  :(

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »
Cheers. What's wrong with the rolling thunder?  :(

Its hard to hold on to. ;D

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »
Very impressive stuff burn.  Good luck with the training for the V-Day meet!  :)
:)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »
i train with ben from time to time.

he will smoke those numbers and within a year dead the 661

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »
Very impressive stuff burn.  Good luck with the training for the V-Day meet!  :)

Thanks Rip! I'm beginning to feel more confident in my back now, which is helping a lot. I think half the battle is psychological.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2009, 03:33:42 PM »
i train with ben from time to time.

he will smoke those numbers and within a year dead the 661

Cheers man. Hopefully I'll get the 661, but I really want the 700 to be honest! lol

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 07:14:13 AM »
Back in from the gym and eating two chicken breasts and a big plate of salad  :) Did a little on the hamstrings, delts and tris. My delts are probably my weakest bodypart, so I'm lifting shit all with them right now. lol.

Lower back feeling a little tight today, kinda just greased the groove with a few light good mornings. Nothing exceptional to report. My exam this morning was really difficult  :( Neuroscience sucks shit  >:(

Back to the books now. Anatomy and microanatomy on Thursday.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
good to hear ur back mate.

mt training was ficked today/ weights ok but was so cold. i forgot my locker key and was in a t shirt was fecking freezing lol