Author Topic: Dana White Notable Quotes on Tom Leykis  (Read 632 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Dana White Notable Quotes on Tom Leykis
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:17:26 AM »
I haven't found the audio yet, but MMA News Forums has a recap of Dana White on the Tom Leykis show today where he addressed a number of questions.   

Rumor of Chuck Liddell vs. Anderson Silva at UFC 100:

"It's possible. If Chuck can win in his next fight, then we could see that fight. Liddell has been open to fighting Anderson, so maybe that can be a fight we can make. "

Future of Wanderlei Silva after KO Loss:

"He still wants to fight. He is a fighter that I respected since I saw him over in Pride. As long as he wants to fight, we will continue to use him. He is a great fighter and that's why he is in the UFC.

Responds to Cro Cop talk about wanting to return to the UFC:

"We will welcome him with open arms. He is a guy that I respect, and when he left, there was really no bad blood. He needed to clear some things up, so if he wants to come back, he is welcome."

When Lesnar vs. Mir may take place:

"We don't know yet. Mir took little damage in his fight with Nog, and Lesnar wants to fight him soon, so April may be the time and place for that. It will be good."

Quick thoughts:

--Chuck-Anderson if they both win their next fight makes sense to me.  It's a huge fight if Chuck is coming off a big win, and coming out of it you get a huge match either way.  If Chuck wins, that would be two in a row over top opponents and they could probably give him a title shot following a KO win over Anderson Silva of all people.  If Anderson wins then it really heats up a potential Anderson/GSP fight.

--Mirko says he'll be ready in June or July, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight in June in Germany.

--Lesnar-Mir's location basically depends on GSP.  If he somehow wins easy and is ready to fight again 10 weeks later, he can headline Montreal.  At the same time, I think that's very unlikely, and the UFC has an interest in selling out a Montreal show without GSP.