Author Topic: The problem with fighting Anderson Silva...  (Read 628 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
The problem with fighting Anderson Silva...
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:58:25 PM »
I see two definite problems for most guys facing the Spider, one is his insane reach, it's so hard for guys to close in on him and get in close, when he has 8"+ on most guys he fights, he can literally just keep them at bay the whole fight without them even getting close to his chin. Two is his sickening striking power, the guy is 185 and one of the hardest hitters in the sport (strange, considering how thin/scrawny he is) I've seen vids of him on the bag and holy shit does this guy hit hard...and to top it off he has a solid BJJ ground game and trained at Chute Boxe for a long time along Wandy, maybe he really needs to cross over to 205 and face some better suited competition.

:)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The problem with fighting Anderson Silva...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »
i agree, andersilva is very well rounded and has arms longer then most guys legs,lol. imo every fighter to come out of the old chute box, when all the boys where there,anderson,wandy,shogun,ninja,jose(pele)landi-jons ect, where excellent fighters. that place was full of fighting talent back then and i heard stories about the brutal training sessions they did. andersilva,s bjj is highly underated, hes no joke on the ground and imo thats what makes him dangerous, cause when hes kicking a guys ass standing and the guy gets him to the ground, which aint exactly that easy, he does that sick body triangle on the opponant and for those of you who never been in one of them,let me tell they slowly suck the air out of ya. then his longs legs makes triangles fairly easy for him to catch someone in, the dudes a terror in the cage and even though his last couple fights havent been the most exciting fights, hes still the lb for lb best right now imo, followed by gsp and fedor, fedor aint fighting enough for me to put him ahead of gsp right now
R