Author Topic: Quote of the Day: Troy Polamalu Discusses MMA  (Read 628 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Quote of the Day: Troy Polamalu Discusses MMA
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
FH: Talk about MMA for a little bit -- I know you mentioned it -- how big a fan are you and do you regularly attend events?

Polamalu: No, I've never attended ... actually, I have attended one event, I'm sorry. I don't know, it's almost ... above athleticism. There are some guys that I'm more of a fan of where it's more than MMA, it's really a martial art. You know, a martial art is no different than say, a painter -- true martial arts are. It really is an art. And it's no different from Michaelangelo in a sense in the way that he draws or paints things. So I'm a fan of real martial arts guys -- guys that have something different than just a physical talent. Guys like Rickson Gracie and Fedor Emelianenko, I believe they have that.

-- Pittsburgh Steelers' all-pro safety Troy Polamalu talks about being a fan of MMA with Will Brinson as part of the Nike Global Training Summit.  If you've ever watched Polamalu play, you know that he's an amazingly gifted, tough athlete.  The man knows a little about "physical talent."  Whether or not he's an authority on art, I can't say.