Author Topic: 24/7 HBO Mayweather vs Ortiz (episode 3)  (Read 14234 times)

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
24/7 HBO Mayweather vs Ortiz (episode 3)
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
Enjoy! :)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: 24/7 HBO Mayweather vs Ortiz (episode 3)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
Cant wait for this fight. I watching this over the Mr. O.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »
good fight, better than anything pac has done in the last 2 yrs or so.  fmw won't slug like berto, but ortiz will keep the pressure on.  fmw 8-4 or 7-5.  it could be a split, based on ortiz pushing the fight and fmw not producing power punches to keep him at bay.    

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:46:53 PM »
Should be an easy win for Mayweather; Ortiz will barely hit him the entire fight.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Should be an easy win for Mayweather; Ortiz will barely hit him the entire fight.

I agree .

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »
I wonder why HBO would schedule this fight the same night as the Mr. Olympia. Won't this kill their ratings?

Hustle2muscles

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »
Mayweather cant hang with PacMan .

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:03:56 PM »
I agree .

::)

mosley landed 2 shots which turned his legs to spaghetti, and oscar kept him on the ropes for short periods.  ortiz will lose but he'll make fmw fight, because fmw won't put any mustand on his shots like berto.  7-5, 8-4 or split.  

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »

mosley landed 2 shots which turned his legs to spaghetti, and oscar kept him on the ropes for short periods.  ortiz will lose but he'll make fmw fight, because fmw won't put any mustand on his shots like berto.  7-5, 8-4 or split.  

We'll see.

epic_alien

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »
who the hell is ortiz?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »
Was hyped as the next big thing, but so far has not lived up to expectations.  Quit one fight because he didn't want to take the punishment.
who the hell is ortiz?

epic_alien

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »
ok i watched the prefight hype vids.

one thing i can say, is mayweather has beaten everyone he has faced.  he has a big mouth, and allot dont like that, including me, but i just dont see him losing to this mexican.

if i were in vegas this weekend, id put 1k on mayweather.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 02:50:39 AM »
i think he's unbeatable,,,, if he wants he can close shop and win on points, and no one could beat him in defense mode

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 09:09:27 AM »
Ortiz was hand picked for money Mayweather.  Don't believe the hype. Ortiz is easy to hit and way to slow for Mayweather. 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 09:19:44 AM »
5 kids. Facing a possible 34 years in prison. This fight is a turning point in his career. Win or loose Ortiz is gonna beat him up. Mayweathers future isn't bright. Congradulations with all of his success. But he's doomed.
http://www.missjackson.com/

who is that chick? looks very tasty.
Deep Tissue Massage

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 09:20:48 AM »

Yeah but an even a shot version of Mosley has more power in his right hand than Ortiz does. Plus I don't think Ortiz has the handspeed to bother Floyd. After Floyd got hit with those rights from Mosley, he made the necessary adjustments and dominated the rest of the fight. Victor's only chance will probably be to land a big shot early in the fight.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »
i think he's unbeatable,,,, if he wants he can close shop and win on points, and no one could beat him in defense mode

Nobody is unbeatable but I think the only two guys out there with a chance right now are Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez. However, we'll be lucky to ever see Floyd fight Manny, and I don't think there is any chance he will move up to 154 to fight Martinez. After this, he'll probably fight Khan at 147.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
Yeah but an even a shot version of Mosley has more power in his right hand than Ortiz does. Plus I don't think Ortiz has the handspeed to bother Floyd. After Floyd got hit with those rights from Mosley, he made the necessary adjustments and dominated the rest of the fight. Victor's only chance will probably be to land a big shot early in the fight.

no 147 or 154 will fight martinez because he carries speed and legit 160 knockout power.  it's suicide, so you can count out fmw and pac.  who said berto vs fmw?  if berto had got past ortiz, fmw would have skipped that fight.   too much speed and enough power in his right to put ortiz down twice.  yeah, fmw outpoints him but berto would have been loading up those rights and upcuts.  berto = zab judah minus the in fight metal breakdown.  of course fmw got the right fight vs ortiz aka cotto II, but ortiz has a good enough chin where he can turn the fight to a younger oscar de la hoya vs fmw.  that's enough to steal 4-5 rounds on work and aggression alone.  he'll make it interesting.  fmw is still one up on manny who is fighting no one but fmw left overs like oscar, hatton, mosley, and now marquez (FMW ALREADY PROVED THIS GUY CAN'T FIGHT AT 143-147).  manny should have taken the berto fight since he lost.  no, roach and arum weren't having that with their money bag because if for some reason berto turned over one of those rights he hit ortiz with, he would put manny down.  manny is small and not defensive, so if he got up, berto would give him an ass wiping.   

i give fmw half-ass credit for this fight.

amir didn't show shit against judah.  fmw would take him apart.  BIG question mark with his chin, and fmw would counter his aggression pretty easy.

manny isn't fighting anyone as usual.  FUCK HIM.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
Nobody is unbeatable but I think the only two guys out there with a chance right now are Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez. However, we'll be lucky to ever see Floyd fight Manny, and I don't think there is any chance he will move up to 154 to fight Martinez. After this, he'll probably fight Khan at 147.

sergio is too big,,, mayweather will never ever step into a ring with him, and i dont blame him!, saying floyd isnt really a legit welter to begin with

pac man, almost an even fight, i love manny, probly one of my fave fighters, he'd stand toe to toe with anyone, just think floyd is too smart for him

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »
I believe there's an interview out there where SM claims he would be willing to cut a lot of weight to fight those guys to prove he's #1 p4p, not sure if he meant 147 or like a 150 catch weight.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 11:33:13 AM »
I believe there's an interview out there where SM claims he would be willing to cut a lot of weight to fight those guys to prove he's #1 p4p, not sure if he meant 147 or like a 150 catch weight.

152, something along the lines of Marg vs Pac.  they still won't touch him.

Phil Williams won't get a fight.

Bert won't get a fight even with 1 lost.

Judah lost to Amir.  I wouldnt be surprise if Roach takes that fight for manny next if he thinks judah is completely done and safe.

Brandy or Alexander moving up is a cream puff fight for manny.

Plenty of good name cans out there vs legit fights.  

epic_alien

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 01:19:19 PM »
he wanted to fight pac man, but pac didnt want to fight because of being tested, wtf are you talking about? floyd hasnt ducked anyone. he asked pac man to  fight, and he backed out. pretty simple.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »
154lbs

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 02:23:14 PM »
154lbs

no way, chepanzee.  fmw or pac's camp would dehydrate him down to nothing, probably ask for him to weight in a 150-151 if his trainers were willing.  they don't take it because when he re-inflates, he'll still carry a significant amount of that 160 pop.

he's jammed.  maybe he has 3 good fights, and can't get a good money one.  trainers have said no way in hell to move him up to 164 and face a 168 like ward.

too bad.  

my response to Yuriorkis Gamboa:

i think we touched base on gamboa in the past.  he's definitely an oddity, given most cuban fighters have illustrious and decorated amateur careers but don't have the resources to have equally successful pro careers.  there are a couple fighting out of vegas right now but nothing to write about, and some ole school fighters but they all pretty much had 5 defeats or more.

at feather weight no one knows about him but you.  i've said he'll have to move to lightweight 135 for recognition and money if he can maintain his power, just don't know if it is possible at 29-30. camacho made the move but at an earlier age.   

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
he wanted to fight pac man, but pac didnt want to fight because of being tested, wtf are you talking about? floyd hasnt ducked anyone. he asked pac man to  fight, and he backed out. pretty simple.

UMM N0. HE ASKED PACMAN T0 BE TESTED UNDER FL0YD'S TERMS. THEY ALREADY HAVE TESTING AFTER THE FIGHT. MANNY HAS N0 REAS0N T0 ABIDE BY FL0YD'S TERMS. THAT IS RETARTED.