Author Topic: So MUCH Money, So little talent and Brains, i bet he goes bankrupt in 10 years  (Read 5673 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw

What do Russell and Leaf have in common? Vegas, baby!

By Doug Farrar

Remember how Jim Mora the Elder and the Indianapolis Colts' front office finally made the decision to draft Peyton Manning(notes) over Ryan Leaf in 1998? When the Colts, who had the first pick in the 1998 draft, interviewed both quarterbacks, they got very different responses to the $100 bazillion question: What are you going to do when we give you all that money? Manning seemed more interested in banking the check and getting to work in the film room, while Leaf said that the first thing he'd do is take his buddies to Vegas. Case closed.

Now, Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell(notes) is bringing back the spirit of Leaf (in a super-sized version - this guy is now bigger than many of the defensive linemen who find him so easy to tackle), and he seems to be interested in putting Al Davis on the hook for a similarly huge error. Reports indicate that Russell missed the Raiders' final team meeting of the 2009 season. Not a big deal if, as it was originally believed, Russell missed the meeting for "personal reasons". It's a bit more of a big deal if, as we have now learned, Russell took off for Las Vegas in lieu of that final meeting.

Selected first overall in the 2007 draft, Russell has failed to distinguish himself in any positive way, except that he's never been a team-killer or directly flaunted Davis' Commitment to Excellence (whatever that means these days) enough for the man himself to call Russell out. Lane Kiffin and Tom Cable, the team's last two coaches, have come out publicly against Russell's production and work ethic, but Davis has been his quarterback's staunch defender. That may be about to change.

The Raiders have a long history of players who studied their playbooks by the light of the closest bar, but those were great players who actually studied their playbooks. Russell has done nothing whatsoever to prove that he's interested in transcending what has been a horrible early campaign. In 2008, he finished dead last among qualifying quarterbacks in passer rating and Quarterback DYAR, making Bruce Gradkowski(notes) look like Joe Montana in the process. In other words, whether you prefer traditional stats or the new sabermetrics, JaMarcus Russell is the worst quarterback in pro football.

It's tough to believe now, but Manning and Leaf were once considered equal NFL prospects coming out of Tennessee and Washington State, respectively, and there were those who believed Leaf to have the better physical skill set. Over a decade later, Manning may wind up as the best quarterback ever, and Leaf is an indictment-filled bust -- perhaps the most colossal mistake in NFL history.

Until now. Remember, the San Diego Chargers took Leaf with the second pick in 1998. Only the Raiders, with JaMarcus Russell, can boast the first-overall selection of a quarterback so uninterested in the betterment of his team, or his own development as a player.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Pathetic. Another idiot who has the world by the balls, and is throwing it away.
HAHA, RON.....

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Cue racist comments in 3...2....1

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
was he really that good in college or did he just look good in the bowl game against notre dame?

E
E

lax

• Getbig IV
'Jamarcus'...heh heh heh

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Maybe he'll go skateboarding with Todd Marinovich once his "career" is over. He'll be able to hitchike from Oakland to Newport Beach I guess.

lax

• Getbig IV
was he really that good in college or did he just look good in the bowl game against notre dame?

E

don't think he was that good...more of scouts seeing his potential...which will no doubt never be realized

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Low IQ... can't expect more.

lax

• Getbig IV
you think he'd be embarassed

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt

E

Bowl game and scouts loved how far he could throw the ball.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
nikker is dope. He will OD in a few years.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
wait-this thread isn't about xfactor

ohsnapzzzzzz

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
Give a fool a few million and the two will soon be parted. (Another brother millionare that can't seem to kick the hood habit)
Watching The Haters

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!

E

Yes, that is why "AL PICKED HIM" Al likes someone with a cannon for a arm and that is Russel. Jamarucs cannot hit a receiver to save his life and has the lowest percentage of all QB'S and that is why he got benched! Jamarcus is fat, out of shape, slow and no work ethic! He is getting paid Millions to sit on the bench. Norte Dame had do secondary and all he did was throw bombs against them. He will be broke in a few years and living back in Louisiana.  ;)
D

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
Yes, that is why "AL PICKED HIM" Al likes someone with a cannon for a arm and that is Russel. Jamarucs cannot hit a receiver to save his life and has the lowest percentage of all QB'S and that is why he got benched! Jamarcus is fat, out of shape, slow and no work ethic! He is getting paid Millions to sit on the bench. Norte Dame had do secondary and all he did was throw bombs against them. He will be broke in a few years and living back in Louisiana.  ;)

He is actually from Mobile, AL. The hood of Mobile that is.
Watching The Haters

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
ANYONE would've looked good against Notre Dame that day.

The guy is not a natural athlete.  He's fat, very slow, has girl hands and has an *extremely* low football IQ.  That's not someone capable of being even a journeyman QB in the NFL.  I don't know how long he's been playing QB, but he's *never* learned to lead a receiver to the open field. 

I swear to god, my 7-year-old daughter is more accurate and throws with better timing than this fool.  If a 7-year-old knows to put the ball where the receiver *will* be, why doesn't Russell?  Because he's a fucking idiot, that's why. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

The earring thing on the sidelines is a real issue for me, too. 

Guys can make whatever fashion statement they want after the game.  But allowing players to wear them to practice and games shows a lack of discipline.

marty31672

• Getbig IV
jamarcus russell was good in college he just got drafted by a bad team
he had no chance to develop properly in oakland
same situation with jason campbell and bradly quinn

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
jamarcus russell was good in college he just got drafted by a bad team
he had no chance to develop properly in oakland
same situation with jason campbell and bradly quinn

He played on a good college team.. He has a strong arm, but that doesn't win games unless you are going to throw hail mary's all game long. He is dumb as a box of rocks.. Shitty Team, Shitty player= Shitty results

marty31672

• Getbig IV
He played on a good college team.. He has a strong arm, but that doesn't win games unless you are going to throw hail mary's all game long. He is dumb as a box of rocks.. Shitty Team, Shitty player= Shitty results

no he also played good when he was training in arizona before the draft
he is a good player put in a bad situation the team is dragging him down
not just a strong arm but the strongest arm in football

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Has an absolute rocket for an arm and can put the ball in tight spots on occassion. But he completely lacks it between the ears and has no dedication to staying in top physical shape.

He might change his approach and dedication to getting better but I don't think that will happen until the Raiders release him. And they will after the 2010 season. He's going to get another shot to start, no question about it. When you pay a #1 pick all that money, as an owner you're forced to evaluate his possible long term potential and give him as many chances as possible.

Nails

• Getbig V
Me being a die hard raider fan, When they were in Los Angeles, my uncle would take us to raider games atleast 4 or 5 times a year, I went to the last Raider Game in Los Angeles, and i cant wait for Los Angeles to get a new team so i can finally lay to rest the raiders if they dont return,

Nails

• Getbig V
The earring thing on the sidelines is a real issue for me, too. 

Guys can make whatever fashion statement they want after the game.  But allowing players to wear them to practice and games shows a lack of discipline.

I totally agree with you, Classy, Respected, World Championship organizations like the New York yankees have rules like these, Players cant have beards, Cant have long hair, Or wear jewelry on the field, YOU are paid to respect the uniform

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
Me being a die hard raider fan, When they were in Los Angeles, my uncle would take us to raider games atleast 4 or 5 times a year, I went to the last Raider Game in Los Angeles, and i cant wait for Los Angeles to get a new team so i can finally lay to rest the raiders if they dont return,

You might get the Jaguars if Jacksonville continues to have trouble selling tickets to their games....
Watching The Haters

Nails

• Getbig V
at this point, Ill even cheer for the hated Chargers, Miss the tailgates and Spiting the shit before kick off, Its fun to hit up the USC and UCLA games for the young college chicks, but i mess the old drunk cougers at the NFL games

Cue in Matthew McConaughey