Author Topic: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?  (Read 124114 times)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?
« Reply #500 on: April 24, 2009, 12:29:06 PM »
You dont go to another federation and then slander the federation you came from.

1) slander: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.  if its not false, its not slander.

2) please oh please Ron stop using the term federation.  The IFBB is not and never has been a sports federation.  It is a privately owned business.  The PDI was a privately owned business.

"You don't go to another corporation and then [say bad things about] the corporation you came from."  might be valid IF you were an employee of the corporation.  But athletes are not employees.  In fact most IFBB pros make zero dollars from IFBB contests.

Threads like these quickly become shouting matches between two factions:  those that believe that pro bodybuilding today is really fucked up, dying a slow death; and those that think that everything is hunky-dory, that the IFBB has never been better.

You know what I think?   That Manion, Chang, and Blinn know that bodybuilding and the IFBB is dying, and they're just trying to get the most money they can out of it before they retire.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #501 on: April 24, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »
We have ethics and we have laws. In any dispute re the IFBB how are matters settled? Clearly not in some open manner with redress of grievances. What we have seen re Lee Priest is a one year suspension dragging on for far longer. Many have called this punishment unfair. Milos was handled in a similar fashion and his punishment also dragged on and on. What we see is the IFBB punishing dissenters and recalcitrant individuals who do things that cannot be tolerated by the people running the organizations.

Are there open, democratic elections to replace all officials and executives in the IFBB and Pro League? Is the athletes rep a duly elected one by and of the athletes? How does one get rid of someone who is appointed?

These issues are important. Responsible observers see the wrongs that are done to others yet this gets swept under the table. When Lee joined the PDI we debated the issue long and hard on Getbig and other forums. Likewise, we saw Milos debate the corruption issue online. It mattered not where justice and common sense lay because the IFBB is a closed shop and decisions made in the back room are official and that is the end of the matter. Anyone who criticizes the IFBB and those running it are in turn criticized. There is no openness and hardly any responsibility of officials to the very bodybuilders they represent. If the bodybuilders don't like what they do then bad luck. There is virtually nothing they can do about it. Outspoken bodybuilders will find it hard to place or win in future contests. For some reason these renegades place 8th or lower in future contests.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #502 on: April 24, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »
We have ethics and we have laws. In any dispute re the IFBB how are matters settled? Clearly not in some open manner with redress of grievances. What we have seen re Lee Priest is a one year suspension dragging on for far longer. Many have called this punishment unfair. Milos was handled in a similar fashion and his punishment also dragged on and on. What we see is the IFBB punishing dissenters and recalcitrant individuals who do things that cannot be tolerated by the people running the organizations.

Are there open, democratic elections to replace all officials and executives in the IFBB and Pro League? Is the athletes rep a duly elected one by and of the athletes? How does one get rid of someone who is appointed?

These issues are important. Responsible observers see the wrongs that are done to others yet this gets swept under the table. When Lee joined the PDI we debated the issue long and hard on Getbig and other forums. Likewise, we saw Milos debate the corruption issue online. It mattered not where justice and common sense lay because the IFBB is a closed shop and decisions made in the back room are official and that is the end of the matter. Anyone who criticizes the IFBB and those running it are in turn criticized. There is no openness and hardly any responsibility of officials to the very bodybuilders they represent. If the bodybuilders don't like what they do then bad luck. There is virtually nothing they can do about it. Outspoken bodybuilders will find it hard to place or win in future contests. For some reason these renegades place 8th or lower in future contests.

More keen observations from ImBasile...

The two most outspoken BBers (Shawn Ray and Lee Priest) BOTH won shows and placed accordingly throughout their careers

Priest and Sarcev were both suspended for 1 year.....after their membership expires, they have to reapply for reinstatement.  Nothing "draged out" other than they were denied....Priest was eventually let back in, same with Milos.

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #503 on: April 24, 2009, 01:24:41 PM »

You dont go to another federation and then slander the federation you came from.

It's a privately owned corporation not a federation Ron.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #504 on: April 24, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
Bob, you still sound like the cadet deputy sheriff than a bona fide athletes rep.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #505 on: April 24, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
Nothing "draged out" other than they were denied....

and what reasons would there be to deny reentry other than spite?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:48 PM »
and what reasons would there be to deny reentry other than spite?

Ongoing infractions, failure to provide the necessary items/ paperwork/requests, etc

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: April 24, 2009, 02:39:05 PM »
Bob, you still sound like the cadet deputy sheriff than a bona fide athletes rep.

Yeah...explaining how things work will do that to the uninformed

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »
Ongoing infractions, failure to provide the necessary items/ paperwork/requests, etc

The more Chick goes on with this, the deeper the hole he's digging himself into.  All he's got is a SINGLE supporter in the one with the messianic complex!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2009, 02:41:46 AM »
What's Milos saying here; that he's not signing any new contract and is instead suing the Pro League?

http://milossarcev.com/board/index.php?topic=12209.msg148100#msg148100

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2009, 02:48:32 AM »
Chick, when will you answer the question!

Again; ''What are you doing behind-the-scenes to improve this so-called sports tarnished reputation?''

Yes Chick, you also have a responsibility to help improve this sport's appalling and laughable position.

Being athlete's rep is just so very important.  And yes, by helping to clean up this sport you are in turn actually helping the athletes.

Stop dodging and weaving Chick!

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2009, 03:10:19 AM »

Again; ''What are you doing behind-the-scenes to improve this so-called sports tarnished reputation?''

Yes Chick, you also have a responsibility to help improve this sport's appalling and laughable position.

Being athlete's rep is just so very important.  And yes, by helping to clean up this sport you are in turn actually helping the athletes.

New Hank Wood, you've said it like a man, unlike the messianic one who feels a need to suck up to Chick!  You've hit the nail right on the head.  Yeah, Chick, stop weaving and dodging and start helping to clean up the sport!

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2009, 03:17:41 AM »
What's Milos saying here; that he's not signing any new contract and is instead suing the Pro League?

http://milossarcev.com/board/index.php?topic=12209.msg148100#msg148100

If you should decide to sue the IFBB Pro League, Milos, just make sure that you do not take legal advise from the one who claims to have a background in law (Chick)!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2009, 03:54:29 AM »
If you should decide to sue the IFBB Pro League, Milos, just make sure that you do not take legal advise from the one who claims to have a background in law (Chick)!

Milos can't really sign such a contract, that would be hypocritical since Milos feels he did nothing wrong in the Chua case. It has the same stipulations about not accusing officials, to go through the proper channels etc.

PO Box 3224, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15230 USA
Toll free: 866-304-4322 Direct: 412-276-5027 Fax: 412-281-0470
Email: ifbbproleague@aol.com Web: www.ifbbpro.com

April 14, 2009
 Sent by e-mail to milos@milossarcev.com
and to milossarcev@gmail.com

Mr. Milos Sarcev
c/o Koloseum Gym
1101 South Placentia Avenue
Fullerton, CA
92831 USA

AN UNDERTAKING TO ABIDE BY THE IFBB PROFESSIONAL RULES

I, Milos Sarcev, join the IFBB Professional League, hereinafter “Pro League”, of my own free
will and, by my signature on this undertaking; I acknowledge, accept and agree:

1. That I shall abide by the Pro League Rules, hereinafter “Pro Rules”, and, throughout the
full term of my membership, I shall remain at all times a member in good standing; specifically, I
shall remain in conformity with [not in breach of] the Pro Rules.

2. That the Pro League has authority to place into effect and enforce such regulations,
policies, directives, decisions and rulings as it may from time to time deem necessary to manage
itself and the sport it governs.

3. That the Pro League has authority to impose disciplinary measures or sanctions against
its members if they are found to be in breach of the Pro Rules.

4. That all members of the Pro League are solely responsibility for remaining current with
the Pro Rules, which are published at www.IFBBPRO.com.

Additionally, I acknowledge, accept and agree:

5. That I shall follow the Code of Ethics, which forms an integral part of the Pro Rules.

6. That I shall exercise my right of protest or complaint in a courteous and respectful
manner, following the proper chain of command.

7. That I shall refrain from personal attacks or undue negative criticism against the Pro
League or any member of the Pro League, whether verbally or in writing, in all forums to include
but not be limited to, the World Wide Web.

8. That I shall refrain from any conduct that may be considered prejudicial to the Pro
League.

PO Box 3224, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15230 USA
Toll free: 866-304-4322 Direct: 412-276-5027 Fax: 412-281-0470
Email: ifbbproleague@aol.com Web: www.ifbbpro.com

9. That I shall conduct myself at all times in a manner that reflects positively upon the
image of the sport of bodybuilding, fitness and figure, and the Pro League.

10. That my failure to abide by the Pro Rules and this undertaking may result in my
immediate expulsion from the Pro League.

11. That I hereby release the Pro League and all of its members from any liability for any
damages or claims I might have against any or all of them.

12. That this undertaking is considered a confidential communiqué between the undersigned
and the Pro League and therefore, its contents shall not be publicly or otherwise disclosed except
where the undersigned is found to have breached the undertaking.

*Note:  This undertaking does not remove the requirement to complete and sign a Pro League
Membership Application Form.

AND BY MY SIGNATURE BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THIS
UNDERTAKING.

___________________ ___________________ ____________
PRINT NAME

___________________ ___________________ ____________
SIGNATURE

___________________ ______
DATE

*This undertaking must be signed, returned by mail or faxed, and received at the address below
before any membership application can be accepted.

This undertaking consists of two (2) pages.

Yellow highlight by Milos on his board. No comment by Milos apart from posting the contract.

Regarding point 7, he can't attack Chick anymore either if he signs, right?

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2009, 06:11:27 AM »

Spot on, Chick the athletes should be put first not the officials who just care about lining their own pockets and looking out for their cohorts!
Thunderdome approved

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2009, 11:01:20 AM »
Guess number 12 already nixes the deal...since were reading it on this forum

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »

did they really think Milos would agree to such one sided terms?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »
did they really think Milos would agree to such one sided terms?

They aren't asking to be back in the club

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »

The contract terms can only be summed up in one word....draconian!
Allow me to enlighten our "athletes' rep" with "a background in law" just how this term came into being.

You see, Draco was the law scribe called by the tyrannical Nobles in ancient Athens around the turn of the 7th century BC to codify all the unjust laws used to persecute the ordinary poor citizens. Draco's laws were infamous for their severity of punishment, even for a minor crime like stealing an apple from an orchard. Death was the commonest punishment for both serious and minor crimes.

Of this grim code of laws, men said they were written in blood. That is how the term Draconian Law's came to be synonymous with pieces of harsh inhuman legislation.

Fortunately for ancient Athens, the tyrannical Nobles - especially the accursed Alcmaeonidae” – were overthrown and banished. The great poet, statesman, and lawmaker, Solon, was authorized to prepare a new set of laws relieving the miseries of the poorer people of Athens.

One of the poor BB's being persecuted by the IFBB Pro League....a travesty that Chick is trying so strenuously to defend is Milos.  Guess there can be only one inevitable outcome.  Eventual triumph of right over wrong...and the end of the evil empire!  Saw what happened to the tyrannical Saddam and Paul Chua.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »
The contract terms can only be summed up in one word....draconian!
Allow me to enlighten our "athletes' rep" with "a background in law" just how this term came into being.

You see, Draco was the law scribe called by the tyrannical Nobles in ancient Athens around the turn of the 7th century BC to codify all the unjust laws used to persecute the ordinary poor citizens. Draco's laws were infamous for their severity of punishment, even for a minor crime like stealing an apple from an orchard. Death was the commonest punishment for both serious and minor crimes.

Of this grim code of laws, men said they were written in blood. That is how the term Draconian Law's came to be synonymous with pieces of harsh inhuman legislation.

Fortunately for ancient Athens, the tyrannical Nobles - especially the accursed Alcmaeonidae” – were overthrown and banished. The great poet, statesman, and lawmaker, Solon, was authorized to prepare a new set of laws relieving the miseries of the poorer people of Athens.

One of the poor BB's being persecuted by the IFBB Pro League....a travesty that Chick is trying so strenuously to defend is Milos.  Guess there can be only one inevitable outcome.  Eventual triumph of right over wrong...and the end of the evil empire!  Saw what happened to the tyrannical Saddam and Paul Chua.

Thanks for the history lesson...I believe they covered that in my Greek Mythology class

As for the "contract terms"...other than number 12 (which he broke already) 11 is the only one that is specific to the case...everything else is in the IFBB rules anyway

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »
They aren't asking to be back in the club

Thats exactly what the IFBB is, a club, not a federation or sporting governing body as it likes to portray itself as ::)
Thunderdome approved

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »
Thats exactly what the IFBB is, a club, not a federation or sporting governing body as it likes to portray itself as ::)

Whats your point?

It is what it is...

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »

thats my point, its just a jolly old boys club for schmoes and those that wish to line their own pockets by corrupt means at the expense of the athletes, Paul Chua etc!

Thunderdome approved

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #523 on: April 25, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
Hopefully Milos comes on to tell us what the plan is. Looks pretty obvious that he's not signing any contract at least. He already breached the terms there.

I do think he's done competing. I suspect the arms are in bad shape and it's not a good idea to ruin the image of the "beautiful" physique he used to have.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #524 on: April 25, 2009, 02:36:13 PM »
To add insult to injury we now see Bob C's image on national TV in Australia advertising a recent movie. Congratulations, Bob! That is your forte, show business, not the monkey business called the IFBB!