Author Topic: my body cant tolerate grains  (Read 4376 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
my body cant tolerate grains
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:37:15 PM »
I add brown rice in to some meals and my skin looks like shit and I broke out with little red spots on my chest.  I remember when I was eating a paleo diet with just fruits veggies and meat and my skin was glowing and shiny...but I was flat as hell so I add some rice and  ::)

I know grains are pro inflammartory foods so is this causing the breakouts?

btw I reccomend anyone to try the paleo diet your skin will look amazing within weeks
l

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: my body cant tolerate grains
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:15 PM »
use fruit instead. much healthier than brown rice.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:20:09 AM »
use fruit instead. much healthier than brown rice.

tbombz do you believe one can be a sucessful bber on a paleo diet? And just using honey and fruits for carbs? This way you get muscle glycogen from the honey and liver glycogen from the fruit to fuel training.

I would imagine with the right drugs and training one could be very muscular on lots of protein and honey and fruits for energy without all the oatmeal,rice, bullshit bbers eat.
l

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
tbombz do you believe one can be a sucessful bber on a paleo diet? And just using honey and fruits for carbs? This way you get muscle glycogen from the honey and liver glycogen from the fruit to fuel training.

I would imagine with the right drugs and training one could be very muscular on lots of protein and honey and fruits for energy without all the oatmeal,rice, bullshit bbers eat.
most definitely. just dont go overboard on the fruits, and raise fats to compensate for decrease in calories. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »
I add brown rice in to some meals and my skin looks like shit and I broke out with little red spots on my chest.  I remember when I was eating a paleo diet with just fruits veggies and meat and my skin was glowing and shiny...but I was flat as hell so I add some rice and  ::)

btw I reccomend anyone to try the paleo diet your skin will look amazing within weeks

There are a lot of different kinds of rice.  Have you tried others?  What about potatoes and oatmeal?
:

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:39:36 PM »
There are a lot of different kinds of rice.  Have you tried others?  What about potatoes and oatmeal?

tried it lol im doomed
l

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 07:49:53 PM »

lol, oatmeal and brown rice give me a nice skin "tone". Especially oatmeal.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 07:54:33 PM »
It's not like I look like a model lol, my skin kinda sucks but when I eat oatmeal everyday I think I look better.

jordyb80

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »
tried it lol im doomed

Have you been tested for food allergies and asked a doctor?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 03:51:37 PM »
I add brown rice in to some meals and my skin looks like shit and I broke out with little red spots on my chest.  I remember when I was eating a paleo diet with just fruits veggies and meat and my skin was glowing and shiny...but I was flat as hell so I add some rice and

This doesen't make much sense. Brown rice is eaten cooked, so all the phytic acid and other allergens are destroyed by the heat. It also has polynsaturated fats that especifically help you having a better complexion. And no, these polynsaturated fats are not pro-inflamatory unlike those in wheat germ and soy. I don't get it. I am almost sure your bad skin has to do with other things you are doing.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
Maybe it's the gear you are using, not the food  :D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:16:45 PM »
 This doesen't make much sense. Brown rice is eaten cooked, so all the phytic acid and other allergens are destroyed by the heat. It also has polynsaturated fats that especifically help you having a better complexion. And no, these polynsaturated fats are not pro-inflamatory unlike those in wheat germ and soy. I don't get it. I am almost sure your bad skin has to do with other things you are doing.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I'm not sure alergens are always destroyed in heat.

Take raosted peanuts for instance...

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

so i just cut out dairy products as well to see if this is the problem...it never was an issue before though.

And are you sure about brown rice helping complexion? Most people I know who eliminated grains from their diet said their skin improoved. I will try organic rice instead
l

suckmymuscle

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »
so i just cut out dairy products as well to see if this is the problem...

Lactose intolerance usually causes stomachal distress and constipation, but this constipation usually manifests as a runny nose due to inflammed sinuses and not a blemished complexion. Something is not computing.

it never was an issue before though.

So you don't have lactose intolerance? It certainly doesen't fit.

And are you sure about brown rice helping complexion?

People often report an improvement in complexion when they switch from refined to complex grains, but this is most probably due to the fact that refined grains are very bad for your complexion - the body seeps water from bodyparts including the skin to dilute all those carbs and bring down blood sugar level which causes dry skin and refined carbs destroy B vitamins which are necessary for synthesizing collagen, resulting in dry, brittle skin. The polynsaturated alpha-linoleic acid in the shell of brown rice also increases vitamin e absorption which is good for the skin. But probably a diet of fruits and vegetables would be even better than a diet containing brown rice, so I don't know. I think fruits should be eaten sparingly because they cause too much blood sugar fluctuation, but that's a different story.

Most people I know who eliminated grains from their diet said their skin improoved. I will try organic rice instead

Maybe if you are eating a very healthy diet already that includes brown rice and fruits and vegetables and you cut of the rice, your complexion would improve even more. I don't know. Maybe even complex grains are bad for your skin.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »
so i just cut out dairy products as well to see if this is the problem...it never was an issue before though.

And are you sure about brown rice helping complexion? Most people I know who eliminated grains from their diet said their skin improoved. I will try organic rice instead

The allergens in peanut are a lot more heat-resistent than the ones in brown rice, so the analogy does not apply.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
  Lactose intolerance usually causes stomachal distress and constipation, but this constipation usually manifests as a runny nose due to inflammed sinuses and not a blemished complexion. Something is not computing.

So you don't have lactose intolerance? It certainly doesen't fit.

People often report an improvement in complexion when they switch from refined to complex grains, but this is most probably due to the fact that refined grains are very bad for your complexion - the body seeps water from bodyparts including the skin to dilute all those carbs and bring down blood sugar level which causes dry skin and refined carbs destroy B vitamins which are necessary for synthesizing collagen, resulting in dry, brittle skin. The polynsaturated alpha-linoleic acid in the shell of brown rice also increases vitamin e absorption which is good for the skin. But probably a diet of fruits and vegetables would be even better than a diet containing brown rice, so I don't know. I think fruits should be eaten sparingly because they cause too much blood sugar fluctuation, but that's a different story.

Maybe if you are eating a very healthy diet already that includes brown rice and fruits and vegetables and you cut of the rice, your complexion would improve even more. I don't know. Maybe even complex grains are bad for your skin.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

i thought you were saying the opposite?
l

suckmymuscle

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 09:00:06 PM »
i thought you were saying the opposite?

Let me explain. People usually experience an improvement in complexion when they switch from refined to complex carbs. This does not necessarily mean that complex carbs are good for your complexion. Maybe they are bad as well, and the only reason why skin improves when you cut out refined carbs like sugar and flour is because refined carbs are so bad for your skin. However, someone who eats only fruits and vegetables might have even better skin. So brown rice might be bad for your complexion but not as bad as sugar or white rice. Capisce?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 12:27:41 PM »
  Let me explain. People usually experience an improvement in complexion when they switch from refined to complex carbs. This does not necessarily mean that complex carbs are good for your complexion. Maybe they are bad as well, and the only reason why skin improves when you cut out refined carbs like sugar and flour is because refined carbs are so bad for your skin. However, someone who eats only fruits and vegetables might have even better skin. So brown rice might be bad for your complexion but not as bad as sugar or white rice. Capisce?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

got ya :) thanks
l

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »
Food allergies test.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
i hate brown rice....

bench

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:01:19 AM »
Hmm, interesting. I might start cutting out a few grains from my diet and see what happens - I do tend to feel as if I bloat out when eating wholemeal bread.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »
any kind rice causes breakouts if u are prone to acne

oatmeal and barley are good for the skin-but dont eat tons if it

to clear up your skin eat more green veggies, blueberries, lean proteins, greek yogurt, and good fats like extra virgin oilive oil, macademia nut oil, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, brazil nuts, pecans, almonds, egg yolks
be careful with eating a lot of nuts because you can mess up the omega 3 to omega 6 balance in your body.

also start supplementing w/
vitamin c
chromium poly
RLA
grape seed extract
l-cystine
carnitine
4000 mg fish oil
2600mg evng primrose oil
ginger
garlic
tumeric
bcomplex
spirulina
u need to eat a diet full of green veggies, fresh fruits, lean proteins, healhty fats, and low in carbs
w

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 12:30:25 PM »
any kind rice causes breakouts if u are prone to acne

to clear up your skin eat more green veggies, blueberries, lean proteins, greek yogurt, and good fats like extra virgin oilive oil, macademia nut oil, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, brazil nuts, pecans, almonds, egg yolks
be careful with eating a lot of nuts because you can mess up the omega 3 to omega 6 balance in your body.

vitamin c
chromium poly
RLA
grape seed extract
l-cystine
carnitine
4000 mg fish oil
2600mg evng primrose oil
ginger
garlic
tumeric
bcomplex
spirulina
u need to eat a diet full of green veggies, fresh fruits, lean proteins, healhty fats, and low in carbs

thanks for the great reply!  As far as greek yogurt though, I know dairy causes skin problems with me, why is greek yogurt any different?
l

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »
thanks for the great reply!  As far as greek yogurt though, I know dairy causes skin problems with me, why is greek yogurt any different?
it has good probiotics in it
plain greek yogurt and kefir are great for the skin...a cup of greek yogurt mixed w/ cinnimon, pumpkin seeds and blueberries is a great acne fighting meal
i suffered w acne for years and years till i found out how to clear my skin
w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »

vitamin c
chromium poly
RLA
grape seed extract
l-cystine
carnitine
4000 mg fish oil
2600mg evng primrose oil
ginger
garlic
tumeric
bcomplex
spirulina

Have you ever tried an oatmeal mask?
: