Author Topic: BULKING and Office work....  (Read 3353 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
BULKING and Office work....
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:28:43 AM »
How the hell do you guys do it?  How do you force yourelf to eat so much (for those of you that work in an office) and sit all damn day?  Don't you feel like trash?  My biggest problem is allowing myself to "lose the abs" and put on some weight...I train hard 5x a week and do am cardio, but the whole mindset of force feeding, eating above maintenance, splurging here and there is so hard for me to handle.  It's almost like a disease.  Can I have some feedback on coping?  OCD?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: BULKING and Office work....
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 05:38:10 AM »
You wanna get fat or not? If you are natural I don't think you should try and bulk... muscle doesn't grow THAT fast. It grows pretty slow if you've been training for a few years already. It's not a good idea to eat tons more food than you need because it will all be fat. Then dieting and doing cardio will knock off a lot of muscle because you're not on steroids. Don't let yourself get too fat. If you lose the abs then you're gaining a lot of fat in the stomach. If you wanna gain faster rest more. Or stop running on the hampster wheel. I mean come on if you're working out hard 5x a week you think that's not cardio too? does your heart-rate increase? yes. so you're doing cardio. they say cardio speeds up your metabolism and that's why you should do it. well lifting speeds it up more and lifting doesn't make you lose muscle but cardio does. if you do an hour what do you lose? 400 calories? just eat one less piece of cake or whatever. i mean unless you're gonna train for a sport that needs you to run don't run. it's bad for your knees and destroys your body. anyone who only runs for exercise looks like hell. why? because it sucks. have you seen aerobic instructors? they're fat! Most of the ones I've seen are. And how about sports where people have to run a lot, most of those guys aren't ripped they're just not fat but don't have muscle either. With the world cup how now look at the players. how many of them have abs. i haven't seen any. but look at sprinters. they only run for like 15 seconds at a time and they're ripped and have muscle all over the place. OK I think i'm done.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 05:40:36 AM »
I just saw your other post... you aren't natural. oh well then i guess go ahead and do cardio, when you're on you don't lose muscle with cardio.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 07:16:03 AM »
natty right now!!  dont bulk increase cals???  huh?  cmon, its possible natty.....anyone else?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 07:18:21 AM »
i dont understand what you just said

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 07:20:10 AM »
u said dont bulk????

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 07:21:54 AM »
what i mean is that making yourself fat is not a good idea if you are natural because when you decide to lose the fat you will lose muscle too.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 07:35:26 AM »
Are we on the same page here?  I am 6'2, 170 and about 8%........I ant to put on some lean mass....nothing about cutting at the moment....I want to be a lean 200 around 9-11%.  I will probably add in some test at a low dose since my levels are low as it is, but I want to get in line first.  Obviously, my calories need to be jacked, but to you say I'll get fat frustrates me............

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »
hold on a second. you are 6'2" 170 and talking about using steroids? dude! anyone here will tell you it's NOT time to use steroids. Why don't you let your body make gains naturally? people train for a year and then they wanna get on the sauce... like steroids is the only way to gain muscle. if you are that tall and only weigh 170 and think you need steroids you don't know how to bodybuild. and if you're just new at it you don't need to use steroids. that's a great way to become a guy who solely depends on drugs to make his body grow and will end up like one of those guys who ruins himself taking tons of drugs and spending tons of money on em. do you follow the workouts in the magazines or something? don't, those are for guys who have trained their nervous system for years and years to handle such crazy brutal workouts, are big enough to handle it AND are on drugs. I may not have a good physique yet in my opinion but i have picture posted here of me at 120 pounds! and i'm 5'11" my weight now is 180 and i'm 13% bodyfat. I didn't need any drugs to gain that. If I did I'd be a laughing stock. Tell us about your diet and workouts.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 07:45:31 AM »
Gib - now I see after reading this post why you said what you did....you are a youngn who really doesnt understand nutition or training, but is trying to learn (which is good), do me a favor a let some others reply who have a tad more experience.  You need to work on yourself bro, not try and help others.  This isnt a flame, but keep reading instead of posting.  There are some extremely knowledgeable guys here...PS.  Lose the deli lunch meat, mayo and whiote bread sandwhiches!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 07:49:47 AM »
Bro, this sounds like the twilight zone to me. you're 170 at 6'2" !!!  That's SKINNY. You say I'm young... yes i'm young but it's even more sad that if you are a lot older than me and have more experience and are only 6'2" 170 and already talking about steroids.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 08:05:18 AM »
My God! I can't believe how delusional you are! your testosterone levels are low? Why don't you try steak and eggs? Can't gain weight without drugs? How about stop copying the insane overtraining from the magazines and eat a little more. So you're already lean GOOD! But you have absolute zero mass. It's not a complicated science eat 3 large meals a day with plenty of protein and drink 2 or 3 big protein shakes. REST! and then work out like a human being. are you doing the schwarzenegger every bodypart 3 times a week and training twice a day? that's what it sounds like... anyone who knows anything about bodybuilding would have a field day with you. Steroids are not the only way to grow 2 pounds of muscle.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 08:09:57 AM »
I work an office job and eat 5-6 times per day.  Because the foods I eat are low fat, high protein, with an adequate amount of fiber, I don't deel weighed down.  In fact, I feel great.  Here's the "at work" consumption:

(1) 7:00 a.m., protein shake (during drive to work):  cal: 120, fat: 2, prot: 20, carbs: 4; 3 fish oil capsules 30 cal. 3g fat

(2) 9:30 a.m., meal replacement: cal: 120, fat 1.5, prot: 15.0, carb: 10.0, fiber 0.5

(3) 11:30 a.m. brewers yeast: cal. 120, fat: 0.0, protein 16.0, carb: 13.0, fiber 6.0; lecithen, 1 tb cal: 40, fat: 4.0, carn .05

(4) 1:30 tuna: cal. 150, fat 1.5, protein 30; whole wheat tortilla, cal. 80, fat: 3.0, prot: 8.0, car. 19, fiber 14

(5) 3:30 repeat meal 4

(6) optional, repeat meal 1 on lifting days

also drink 1.0 gal of water at work

SUMMARY (1-5 TOTALS):  
CALS: 870
FAT: 19.5
PROT: 127.0
CARB: 65.0
FIBER 34.5

There's no magic to the above formulla.  It's identifying what you think you need nutritionally, then finding the combination of foods and supplements to get you there.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 08:13:04 AM »
are you and Lugar the same person?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 08:15:55 AM »
This sounds like a joke 870 calories a day? 34 grams of fiber a day? you must crap out every single one of your meals in 2 minutes. and 870 calories??? do you live in a concentration camp?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 08:55:15 AM »
This sounds like a joke 870 calories a day? 34 grams of fiber a day? you must crap out every single one of your meals in 2 minutes. and 870 calories??? do you live in a concentration camp?

Its not a joke-  that's only at the office, I eat another 5-6 meals per day, including 1-2 nightime feedings,  I average 250-260 grams of protein per day and 2200 calories.  As far as fiber, your body adjusts to the higher level and what you have is not nonstop crapping but instead blood sugar which is as steady as a laser.  My daily total is something like this:

CALS: 2200
FAT: 42.5
PROT: 259
CARBS: 151
FIBER: 47.0

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 08:59:04 AM »
do you live in a concentration camp?

And by the way, I'm about 50 pounds heavier than Lugar at roughly the same height

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 09:24:48 AM »
that sounds like a much better diet. still low in calories like for someone try to lose weight. i was about to say.... 870 calories?! LOL!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 09:32:59 AM »
that sounds like a much better diet. still low in calories like for someone try to lose weight. i was about to say.... 870 calories?! LOL!

I agree, 870 as a daily total would be quite insane.  I probably should disclose that 2200 is my "leaning out" phase consumption.  During a bulking phase I would go significantly higher (but not as high as you would think, at 37 I have to be careful).

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:38:24 AM »
well anyway. 6'2" 170. That's Jim Carey size (granted Jim must weigh like 185 or 190 cause he's not so lean) and he needs roids for that.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 11:07:44 AM »
I guess it really depends on what you do. My boss is very cool, I have my own office and sometimes micorwave up a meal and quickly eat at my desk 2-3 x during my 8 hr shift. Other times I will just drink 2-3 shakes and go from there.

Since I am sedentary, sit at a computer for 8 hrs, this is when I limit my carbs.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »
I work an office job and eat 5-6 times per day.  Because the foods I eat are low fat, high protein, with an adequate amount of fiber, I don't deel weighed down.  In fact, I feel great.  Here's the "at work" consumption:

(1) 7:00 a.m., protein shake (during drive to work):  cal: 120, fat: 2, prot: 20, carbs: 4; 3 fish oil capsules 30 cal. 3g fat

(2) 9:30 a.m., meal replacement: cal: 120, fat 1.5, prot: 15.0, carb: 10.0, fiber 0.5

(3) 11:30 a.m. brewers yeast: cal. 120, fat: 0.0, protein 16.0, carb: 13.0, fiber 6.0; lecithen, 1 tb cal: 40, fat: 4.0, carn .05

(4) 1:30 tuna: cal. 150, fat 1.5, protein 30; whole wheat tortilla, cal. 80, fat: 3.0, prot: 8.0, car. 19, fiber 14

(5) 3:30 repeat meal 4

(6) optional, repeat meal 1 on lifting days

also drink 1.0 gal of water at work

SUMMARY (1-5 TOTALS):  
CALS: 870
FAT: 19.5
PROT: 127.0
CARB: 65.0
FIBER 34.5

There's no magic to the above formulla.  It's identifying what you think you need nutritionally, then finding the combination of foods and supplements to get you there.

So you don't eat a solid, balanced meal til 1:30pm or is there a bre 7am meal in there?

That is a VERY regimented at-work diet, good job!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »
So you don't eat a solid, balanced meal til 1:30pm or is there a bre 7am meal in there?

That is a VERY regimented at-work diet, good job!

You observed correctly about the lack of solid food before 1:30 p.m.  Mostly that's out of the need for efficency and speed (get up, rush to work, handling most of my calls with east coast clients pre-noon).  Also, I'm a believer that the initial meal of the day needs to be the most readily available form of protein possible.  Thanks for the comment.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 04:59:25 AM »
I woulkd pass out!  Especially after am cardio...I have a shake of oats, egg whites, etc as my first meal, but then, during work it's more oats, pasta, salad, lean beef, powders....2 more meals then training time.  All I was saying was that it's pretty ignornat to say you can't bulk up without getting fat unless you are on AAS.  I am not, and have only done one cycle in my life....about 10 yrs ago....pondering the idea for the future, but none as of now.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 05:10:08 AM »
dude if you've been training this long and only weigh 170 you are probably overtraining like crazy. what are your workouts like? Don't take steroids... you dont even have a foundation. your chest/back is probably 39 inches and your arms 14. Look if you wanna grow stop doing the cardio. and don't be a girl. eat WHOLE eggs. cholesterol you eat doesn't raise your cholesterol. lots of sugar and junkfood does. it's cholesterol your body itself produces. eating cholesterol from eggs raises your testosterone naturally. so does squats for that matter.