Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in me doing a DC training journal?  (Read 8962 times)

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
Re: Would anyone be interested in me doing a DC training journal?
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 01:42:35 PM »
Overall it was a good workout all things considered.

Yeah, definitely -- real horrorshow :)  But until you're better, you might consider cruising, Al.  Ounce of prevention and all that.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 02:28:33 PM »

"...real horrorshow''. Wow...I havent heard vernacular like that since I read 'A ClockWork Orange'. Interesting...
?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 07:29:16 AM »
Yeah, definitely -- real horrorshow :)  But until you're better, you might consider cruising, Al.  Ounce of prevention and all that.

Thanks for your concern.  The case that I have is, and I quote "not very bad at all" I asked if I could start lifting again and the doctors said it would not be a problem because nothing is torn.  I was on bedrest for 4 days, worked one day and rested again for 2 more.  I felt ok on Monday when I trained, the fact that I didn't beat the logbook is probably more to do with the time off than any lingering side effects.  Trust me, if I felt shitty or had an ounce of pain in my side I would not have done anything for the rest of the week.  the main thing I need to focus on is watching my diet, which isn't all that hard, I just have to eat foods with virtually no fiber in them for about 3 weeks, get tested and then I'm on a high fiber diet, which the doctors told me was as simple as adding some wheat germ to a protien shake. 

Anyway, I did 45mins of cardio yesturday and plan on training today at lunch, I forgot some of my food so that blows.  Instead of having my second meal, which should have been scrambled eggs and a yogurt-which I have to eat to "coat" my stomach and make digestion easier I had to have 3 breakfast burrito's from mcdonalds...well I didn't have to have them but I have to be at work early and I was running late so this is what I had.

training info to come later which will be interesting because last time I did this workout I flat DB pressed the 120's 14 times rest paused and when I lifted them on Monday for my inclines they felt like they weighed about 150lbs so It'll be intersting to see if I can at least equal my total from last time.  I would feel alot more comfortable training with the 115's right now as I had to make the jump from 110 to 120 and the 120's feel a little awkward to me right now but life isn't perfect so I'll have to make due, maybe this is a good thing cause no way in hell could I do the 120's 14 times a couple of months ago so I know I'm getting stronger.

EDIT:  Here's how it went:

Flat DB Press-120*13RP with a 20 second static-while trying to start 14th rep-and a 60 second stretch with the 70's.  I noticed my body mechanics were off while kicking the dumbbells into position, my left leg isn't getting high enough so not only am I trying to lift the weights up for that first rep I'm fighting to get the DB's into position.  Seems like maybe the DB work is more trouble than it's worth, if I can't correct it and beat the book next workout I'm dropping them.

Seated DB Press-95*9RP  no static cause I failed trying to get #10 and couldn't get going again, I did a 60 second stretch, again maybe DB's arent the best choice for this style of training, I have not had access to them in a long time, heavy ones that is and maybe I got over excited and tried to use them.

seated machine dip-215*17RP, 30 second stetch with a 65lbs DB-beat my reps and weight from last time.

T-Bar rows-190*5
                135*10
I switched the order of my back movements because the guy using the PD machine I wanted to use just won the LHW at the masters nationals, he's getting ready for the north america's and I ain't asking him if I could work in.

Pulldowns-215*15RP-no problems here, beat my weight, 15 second static and 45 second stretch.

overall a good workout, next week should start to get fun cause I should be back at 100%, I'm having a little trouble with hack squats cause they are a new movement but other than that I should be back to ass kicking.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 04:21:14 AM »
yesturday I did this:

BB curls with the "arm blaster"-90*13RP
Reverse Cable curl (one arm)-45*19 Left arm
                                        45*23 Right arm
Donkey Calf Raise-350*15
                         40 Partials
Leg Extentions-175*18RP
45 reps on the leg press with 315, nice slow negative and explosive positive.
Hammer Single Leg Curl-95*18RP Left
                                 95*20RP Right

Statics on BB curls, Leg Extentions and Leg curls, stretches after everything when applicable.  I chose to do leg extentions instead of hack squats for awhile because my low back is trashed, I've either got a disk problem or a siatic nerve problem.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 01:51:39 PM »
yesturday I did this:

BB curls with the "arm blaster"-90*13RP
Reverse Cable curl (one arm)-45*19 Left arm
                                        45*23 Right arm
Donkey Calf Raise-350*15
                         40 Partials
Leg Extentions-175*18RP
45 reps on the leg press with 315, nice slow negative and explosive positive.
Hammer Single Leg Curl-95*18RP Left
                                 95*20RP Right

Statics on BB curls, Leg Extentions and Leg curls, stretches after everything when applicable.  I chose to do leg extentions instead of hack squats for awhile because my low back is trashed, I've either got a disk problem or a siatic nerve problem.

You really did donkey calf raises with 350 pounds x 15 with 5 second negatives and 15 second stretch at the bottom??

just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 04:30:57 AM »
You really did donkey calf raises with 350 pounds x 15 with 5 second negatives and 15 second stretch at the bottom??

yup.  Legs were shaking like a leaf and I had sweat pouring off of me.  Even when i was not training as hard as I could last year I always pushed my calf training as far as I could.   I've never really had great calves so once I noticed that this was working I ran with it.  They're over 17" now...probably about 17 and a 1/2 and I love training them. 
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 09:35:22 AM »
Today,

Icarian Chest Press: 125*14RP

Icarian Shoulder Press-120*15RP

Reverse Grip Pushdowns-135*17RP

Hammer Behind the Neck Pulldown-125*RP-each arm

Barbell Row-225*4
                185*9

statics and stretches done on pretty much everything.  The Icarian machines are really wierd, first time I've used them was in this blast and the range of motion is really wierd.  You move the weight more in an arc than just a straight up and down press and start the movement really low that's why the weight is so light.  I think they work pretty good and I'm progressing in wieght but it's a little shot to the ego when you go from 120lbs dumbbells to 125 lbs total.  30lbs jump in my Barbell row so that's good.  Cardio tonight...I hope.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 09:39:26 AM »
last one....unless something wierd happens, doesn't seeem to be alot of interest..oh, well.

Bi's-Hammer Preacher Curls-110*11RP

Forearms-Hammer grip machine-135*28RP

Calfs-Calf Sled-385*12
                     28 Partials

V-squat-405*8

Widowmaker-425*23 on the leg press

Hamstrings-140*16

I overshot the weight on the preacher curls a couple of workouts ago but I want stick with this, don't know why, I would reccommend lightening the weight so you can get at least 12 to anyone else but I really want to crush this weight.  I also want to note that I'm doing the V-squat machine to spare my lower back and this is the most I've ever done on it so that's cool.  Lots of machines today...never really realized it until now.  statics and stretches as needed.  Awsome WO.
nasser=piece of shit

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 07:50:45 PM »
no offence but i find nothing more boring than reading what peoples workouts were like...  :-\  why dont ya just say that its coming along well or its a waste of time  :)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »
no offence but i find nothing more boring than reading what peoples workouts were like...  :-\  why dont ya just say that its coming along well or its a waste of time  :)

Don't listen to this fool Al! I find it very interesting especially the progress and what kind the kind of gains you make.
just push some weight!

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 12:29:35 AM »
Just saying what i thought dude  :)   least ya keepin mass monster alexx happy  ;)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 07:25:17 AM »
Just saying what i thought dude  :)   least ya keepin mass monster alexx happy  ;)

It just makes my day when I see them young guns slacking off. ;D
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 09:53:08 AM »
Just to keep Alexxx happy.

Hammer Incline-290*12RP

Military Press-275*9RP

Weighted Dips-45*14RP

reverse Grip Hammer PD's-225*16RP

Hammer Rows-235*5-6
                    180*8-10

Tried 2 new movements, hammer inclines instead of DB presses and weighted dips.  I used to love doing dips but have not done them in years so they were a little awkward.  I'm gonna probably drop the military press, I degressed from last week, one more shot and if I don't totally crush them they're gone, maybe I just had an off day or maybe my shoulders worked a little on the hammer inclines?  statics and stretches on everything except tri's-no static.  I did a hang with a 45 around my waist for my lat stretch, held it for a minute and a half, next time I'm gonna go for 2 minutes.  Good WO but nothing special.
nasser=piece of shit

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »

NO

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 10:06:40 AM »

NO

then ignore it, it ain't for you.
nasser=piece of shit