Author Topic: 2013 Olympia - Mr. Olympia Predictions - What is yours?  (Read 35531 times)

drmarkp

• Getbig III
2013 Olympia - Mr. Olympia Predictions - What is yours?
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
MY TOP 15 PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2013 MR. OLYMPIA AND WHY…

1st- Phil Heath will win again simply because has a more refined, finished and polished physique, and is more marketable than Kai…

Kai Greene 2nd- In addition to the facts above, the judges will always have trouble with Kai winning in light of his jaded past; too bad…

Big Ramy 3rd- Ramy creates a big problem for the judges because let’s face it; making politically correct decisions is part of the judging process. Nevertheless, Ramy will be so overpowering that the judges will have no choice but to put him no less than 3rd over Jay; and to prevent a riot…

Jay Cutler 4th- Jay will go out in Coleman-esque fashion with a 4th place finish, which will be part gift / part deserved. Jay will look good for sure, but he will have needed to be in 2001 conditioning in order to have a chance here; again he fails to do that. Not only that; due to set backs, he is unable to bring the size he needs to over power the competition... His physique now appears mediocre next to the likes of the top 3…

Dexter Jackson 5th- Dex has found a formula to re-invent himself toward the end of his career and will ride that wave right into this show. Dex makes a great showing here and all things considered, should be very proud of a 5th place finish in such a tough line up…

Shawn Rhoden 6th- Though Rhoden is bigger, shapelier and more symmetrical than Dexter, he will not match Dexter’s grainy hardness and conditioning giving Dex the edge…

Dennis Wolf 7th- This will be Dennis at his best, but even that is not enough to place any higher in this lineup. While we see a vastly improved Dennis, the same issues that have plagued him throughout his career are still there…

Victor Martinez 8th- Victor will be a shade improved over his Toronto win with a little more size with the same hardness. But these improvements simply do not keep up with the improvements of the rest of the competition…

Branch Warren 9th- The judges like Branch. But in a stacked lineup such as this, they are forced to face the fact that despite his mass and hardness, Branch’s structural flaws and battle worn physique do not merit a placing over any of the above named individuals. Not anymore…

Roelly Winklaar 10th- Will be as conditioned as he’s ever been here and probably deserves the 9th spot. But again, due to political correctness; they won’t place him over Branch…

Evan Centopani 11th- There is no doubt that Evan will come in at his best here. Anywhere else he’s a winner, but here he just doesn’t stand out… The competition here is just that good.

Lionel Beyeke 12th- He will be harder than at the Wings of Strength, but still not enough to crack the top 10…

Brandon Curry 13th- Like Evan, anywhere else he’s a winner, but in this line up, even a conditioned Roelly Winklaar only ends up only in 10th!!…

Tony Freeman 14th- It is what it is… May even get beat by a stellar European...

Cedric McMillan- Wild card; I am holding out on my prediction for Cedric because he has been too inconsistent lately to tell, but even if he comes in at his very best he will be hard pressed to make the top 6 here…

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: MY TOP 15 PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2013 MR. OLYMPIA AND WHY…
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »
You're tripping if you think roelly places better than Toney at the O

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »
Your top 7 could be very accurate.

But the explanation for 1 and 2 is BS.

Believe me- it wish that it could be switched around; I'd love to see Kai win, but I just don't think it's going to happen.. but hey, who knows? This is all in fun anyway..

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 11:05:42 AM »
Believe me- it wish that it could be switched around; I'd love to see Kai win, but I just don't think it's going to happen.. but hey, who knows? This is all in fun anyway..

yeah absolutely no way kai can take this, even is he was real life fucking hulk at 400 lbs, he simply cannot win because of politics

and honestly... fuck him, i've got absolutely nothing against gays, but this whole S&M gig he's got going is too much  ;D

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
yeah absolutely no way kai can take this, even is he was real life fucking hulk at 400 lbs, he simply cannot win because of politics

and honestly... fuck him, i've got absolutely nothing against gays, but this whole S&M gig he's got going is too much  ;D

Yeah, I agree.. It is pretty hard to get past that- Too bad..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 11:13:07 AM »

1st- Phil Heath will win again simply because has a more refined, finished and polished physique than Kai…

Kai Greene 2nd- In addition to the facts above, the judges will always have trouble with Kai winning in light of his jaded past; too bad…

Big Ramy 3rd- Ramy creates a big problem for the judges because let’s face it; making politically correct decisions is part of the judging process. Nevertheless, Ramy will be so overpowering that the judges will have no choice but to put him no less than 3rd over Jay; and to prevent a riot…

Jay Cutler 4th- Jay will go out in Coleman-esque fashion with a 4th place finish, which will be part gift / part deserved. Jay will look good for sure, but he will have needed to be in 2001 conditioning in order to have a chance here; again he fails to do that. Not only that, his physique now appears mediocre against the likes of the top 3…

Dexter Jackson 5th- Dex has found a formula to re-invent himself toward the end of his career and will ride that wave right into this show. Dex makes a great showing here and all things considered, should be very proud of a 5th place finish in such a tough line up…

Shawn Rhoden 6th- Though Rhoden is bigger, shapelier and more symmetrical than Dexter, he will not match Dexter’s grainy hardness and conditioning giving Dex the edge…

Dennis Wolf 7th- This will be Dennis at his best, but even that is not enough to beat this lineup. While we see a vastly improved Dennis, the same issues that have plagued him throughout his career are still there…

Victor Martinez 8th- Victor will be a shade improved over his Toronto win with a little more size with the same hardness. But these improvements simply do not keep up with the improvements of the rest of the competition…

Branch Warren 9th- The judges like Branch. But in a stacked lineup such as this, they are forced to face the fact that despite his mass and hardness, Branch’s structural flaws and battle worn physique do not merit a placing over any of the above named individuals. Not anymore…

Roelly Winklaar 10th- Will be as conditioned as he’s ever been here and probably deserves the 9th spot. But again, due to political correctness; they won’t place him over Branch…

Evan Centopani 11th- There is no doubt that Evan will come in at his best here. Anywhere else he’s a winner, but here he just doesn’t stand out… The competition here is just that good.

Lionel Beyeke 12th- He will be harder than at the Wings of Strength, but still enough to crack the top 10…

Brandon Curry 13th- Like Evan, anywhere else he’s a winner, but in this line up, even a conditioned Roelly Winklaar only ends up only in 10th!!…

Tony Freeman 14th- It is what it is…

Cedric McMillan- Wild card; I am holding out on my prediction for Cedric because he has been too inconsistent lately to tell, but even if he comes in at his very best he will be hard pressed to make the top 6 here…

AWESOME POST, do I agree? almost but what is important here is your reasoning which is very logical.

Now I have said this before I think Ramy will beat Kai and will be second

also I do not agree with Kai`s past being a factor

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
yeh, i think thats a fair and pretty accurate description of how things will go down, this years mr O almost has me intrested in bodybuilding again

ukjeff

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 12:19:52 PM »
also I do not agree with Kai`s past being a factor
TBH the way bodybuilding seems to be going Kai's past gives him a distinct advantage.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
No fucking way Toney places that low. He should be five or six. No way Branch places ahead of him.

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
No fucking way Toney places that low. He should be five or six. No way Branch places ahead of him.

Yes, he's been top 6 before, but that was a different time, and line up... Tony's time has passed, and he will not be able to come in hard AND full at the same time, enough to do well here- especially not in this line up; he will look lanky here... Branch places over Tony only because he has youth on his side... Tony will be hard pressed to stay ahead of some spectacular dark horse European... Of course if the guys who I mentioned that  I feel will place ahead of Tony come in looking like shit, Tony could move up... Otherwise, Tony beats few if any of the top 15 I have predicted, including Branch...

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
Finding explanations for beauty contest results may be tough.
Usually it helps to check who is sponsoring Olympia that year.

ukjeff

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »
Finding explanations for beauty contest results may be tough.
Usually it helps to check who is sponsoring Olympia that year.
They will be looking for some fresh faces to sell the magazines and some "showdowns", to keep the excitement going for 2014.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: 2013 MR. OLYMPIA; MY TOP 15 PREDICTIONS AND WHY…
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »
When it comes to big show, Ramy will be out of the top five, possibly out of top 10.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
When it comes to big show, Ramy will be out of the top five, possibly out of top 10.
bro did you bang your head, lmao

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »
TBH the way bodybuilding seems to be going Kai's past gives him a distinct advantage.

this

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »

1st- Phil Heath will win again simply because has a more refined, finished and polished physique than Kai…

Jay Cutler 4th- Jay will go out in Coleman-esque fashion with a 4th place finish, which will be part gift / part deserved. Jay will look good for sure, but he will have needed to be in 2001 conditioning in order to have a chance here; again he fails to do that. Not only that, his physique now appears mediocre against the likes of the top 3…

Dennis Wolf 7th- This will be Dennis at his best, but even that is not enough to beat this lineup. While we see a vastly improved Dennis, the same issues that have plagued him throughout his career are still there…

Lionel Beyeke 12th- He will be harder than at the Wings of Strength, but still enough to crack the top 10…

spot on man.you are good.....kai will be 2nd because of his physique not for past.Rami any where between 4th to 6th.dont see him cracking top 3 this year.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
spot on man.you are good.....kai will be 2nd because of his physique not for past.Rami any where between 4th to 6th.dont see him cracking top 3 this year.
I was actually wondering where you would have put Ramy, I have him in second behind Heath. His small gut will expose everyone and flaring quad sweep will make everyone look like they have chicken legs, also he will be the widest guy on stage by far, He will beat Kai if Kai does not come in 100%

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »

Good predictions, I would put Wolf ahead of Rhoden, and Brandon curry in the top 10!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 02:25:20 PM »
Ramy will never be 3rd. Top 6 if ever.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »
good predictions, actually

lol @ all the kai nuthugging since last olympia

face it, the dude is pretty much on par with phil in most poses; ahead here, behind there, but gets slaughtered in most muscular.  add to that the fact that he's less "marketable" than phil, and there you have it.  for how much "bigger" than phil he supposedly is, he sure doesn't look like it on stage.

"but phil is 2 feet in front of the line" ::)

give it a rest, kai and phil haven't changed in years, apart from small fluctuations, and phil was beating him long before last year's O.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
I was actually wondering where you would have put Ramy, I have him in second behind Heath. His small gut will expose everyone and flaring quad sweep will make everyone look like they have chicken legs, also he will be the widest guy on stage by far, He will beat Kai if Kai does not come in 100%
i have zero doubt about kai not coming in his 100%.he is with farah right.Rami is defo big lad but he was looking too good next to 50% on victor.NY pro victor would not make top 10 in coming olympia line up.ofcourse victor improved a lot since than and will show up at olympia even more improved that is why i dont have problem having him in top 10.Rami made open olympia very interesting thats for sure but he lacks muscle maturity and grainy look to be in top 3.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »

he will beat kai.....
but no chance of beating phil huh?   :-\
choice is an illusion

ukjeff

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »
Ramy will never be 3rd. Top 6 if ever.
could not agree with this more, he will be second  ;)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »