Author Topic: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee  (Read 111770 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee
« Reply #325 on: August 06, 2015, 07:02:03 PM »
How many people within the Obama administration have been convicted and indicted?

How many in the Dubya?
How many in the Clinton?
How many in the papa Bush?
How many in the Reagan?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
that's because 80s dems had balls to indict.
2015 repubs lack that courage,

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: August 06, 2015, 07:34:45 PM »

Excellent post above by lurker........end of thread

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
and just why do you think those were lies...things change...he probably did think that you would not have to change your doctor...then reality set in....is that a lie??? Politicians propose this and that and things change over time......or is it that crybabies like you characterize it as such???,....Also the obamacare mandate is not a tax as such...there is no obamacare tax coming out of your paycheck.....although there could be an increase in Medicaid taxes in the future which is no surprise since the number of Medicaid participants continually is going up with an aging population...as for Benghazi, thats already been settled.....the congressional investigation found NO LINK TO OBAMA and found that no one in the administration intentionally lied....and the initial thing about the video came from the CIA

you're gonna get your mod privileges revoked if you keep this up ;D

You're all over the place.  First you say this:

Those occurrences you mentioned have never been traced back to anyone in the Obama administration

When I show you that he made several statements that are the focus of several scandals, you now want to say they weren't actually lies.  Is that your way of admitting the statements were traced back to Obama himself? 

In any event, there has been much posted on this board showing Obama knew those statements were false when he made them, which = lies. 

What is it with you people and mod privileges?  Good grief.   ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: August 07, 2015, 03:21:05 PM »
You're all over the place.  First you say this:

When I show you that he made several statements that are the focus of several scandals, you now want to say they weren't actually lies.  Is that your way of admitting the statements were traced back to Obama himself? 

In any event, there has been much posted on this board showing Obama knew those statements were false when he made them, which = lies. 

What is it with you people and mod privileges?  Good grief.   ::)

You only gave the example of the doctor thing which again can be plausibly explained that things change over time..it happens....you didn't give nay other example that I can recall....again, Benghazi was explained to Obama as being caused by the video..that was the opinion of the CIA which came out in the congressional hearings

as for mod privileges, is it asking too much for mods to know what they are actually talking about??????? ;D ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »
You only gave the example of the doctor thing which again can be plausibly explained that things change over time..it happens....you didn't give nay other example that I can recall....again, Benghazi was explained to Obama as being caused by the video..that was the opinion of the CIA which came out in the congressional hearings

as for mod privileges, is it asking too much for mods to know what they are actually talking about??????? ;D ;D

Dude are you just absentminded, trolling, or being dishonest? 

- Lying about the Benghazi terrorist attack being caused by a youtube video.
- Lying to the public about whether they can keep their doctor.
- Lying to members of his own party and the public about whether the Obamacare mandate was a tax, solely in an effort to convince Democrats to vote for the bill.

Nothing can be explained.  The president knew people would not be able to keep their doctor at the time he was making those statements. 

He knew the terrorist attack was not caused by a youtube video. 

He knew the individual mandate was a tax, which is precisely what he argued in the Supreme Court.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »
Dude are you just absentminded, trolling, or being dishonest? 

Nothing can be explained.  The president knew people would not be able to keep their doctor at the time he was making those statements. 

He knew the terrorist attack was not caused by a youtube video. 

He knew the individual mandate was a tax, which is precisely what he argued in the Supreme Court.

And once again..you haven't proven shit....all of that is YOUR OPINION...being wrong and lying is two different things....the congressional hearings proved Obama was told that the video was the cause BY THE CIA.....that wasn't a lie it was what he thought was the truth at the time...a very big difference....

He did not know the mandate was a tax....he argued that it wasn't...he was ruled against which is what courts do....you say this and I say that and the court decides...in that case are we both lying?????????....NO..we are giving our opinion.....Obama gave his opinion...he lost...that does not make him a
liar....

I'm getting really really tired of constantly destroying you....get a grip man ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: August 07, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
And once again..you haven't proven shit....all of that is YOUR OPINION...being wrong and lying is two different things....the congressional hearings proved Obama was told that the video was the cause BY THE CIA.....that wasn't a lie it was what he thought was the truth at the time...a very big difference....

He did not know the mandate was a tax....he argued that it wasn't...he was ruled against which is what courts do....you say this and I say that and the court decides...in that case are we both lying?????????....NO..we are giving our opinion.....Obama gave his opinion...he lost...that does not make him a
liar....

I'm getting really really tired of constantly destroying you....get a grip man ;)

I'm not going to waste my time "proving" anything to you.  If you were reasonable and I felt like it, I'd provide some resources, but you're not and I don't.  Use your friend Google (not like it will matter).  You disciples don't care about the facts. 

Case in point:  you saying Obama "did not know the mandate was a tax" is absolutely false.  The only way he got the bill passed was by telling Democrats the mandate was not a tax.  Then when he got into court he argued that the mandate was in fact a tax, and that is the only way the mandate was upheld. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: August 07, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
Preparing for the coronation.

Dems blast DNC for slim debate schedule, allege Clinton coddling
By Kelley Beaucar Vlahos
Published August 07, 2015
FoxNews.com

Democratic presidential candidate Martin O’Malley is taking his party to task for issuing a primary debate schedule that he says clearly insulates front runner Hillary Clinton from harm on her way to a possible nomination.

The former governor of Maryland told reporters that the debate schedule – trimmed to six from more than 25 in 2008 – represents a circling of wagons around Clinton, who is clearly ahead of her Democratic challengers. He is joined by fellow Democratic candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who is also calling for more debates.

“This is not how democracy works,” O’Malley told supporters in a fundraising letter Thursday. “It’s ridiculous. The campaign for presidency should be about giving voters an opportunity to hear from every candidate and decide on the issues, not stacking the deck in favor of a chosen candidate.”

The Democratic Campaign Committee did not return a request for comment on Friday.

Experts say televised debates are not Clinton’s strong suit, and that popular political wisdom suggests candidates with her solid name recognition and position in the polls do not need to debate if they don’t have to. In fact, it might be preferable if she doesn’t.

“Hillary is not known for debates, she does much better in small groups,” said Terry Madonna, director of the Franklin & Marshall Poll in Pennsylvania. “She does not do well in big arenas, she is not compelling. Right now she is pursuing the front-runner strategy, in that she can be hurt more by a primary process that gets combative in debates. So she speaks more to selective audiences.”

But whether that is what the Democratic National Committee had in mind when it set the debates at six, beginning in October, is unclear. There are only two debates scheduled after the critical Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primaries in February 2016.

The debate schedule is as follows:

1.) October 13 – CNN – Nevada
2.) November 14 – CBS/KCCI/Des Moines Register – Des Moines, IA.
3.) December 19 – ABC/WMUR – Manchester, NH.
4.) January 17 – NBC/Congressional Black Caucus Institute – Charleston, SC.
5.) February or March – Univision/Washington Post – Miami, FL
6.) February or March – PBS – Wisconsin

“We are thrilled to announce the schedule and locations for our Democratic primary debates,” said DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Thursday. “These six debates will not only give caucus goers and primary voters ample opportunity to hear from our candidates about their vision for our country’s future, they will highlight the clear contrast between the values of the Democratic Party which is focused on strengthening the middle class versus Republicans who want to pursue out of touch and out of date policies.”

But the announcement reportedly came after some tense back and forth from the campaigns. O’Malley and Sanders were calling for more, while Clinton’s camp allegedly lobbied for fewer than six, according to Politico.

Sanders’ campaign said Thursday that it was disappointed with the results. “But I am not surprised,” he said in a statement. “At a time when many Americans are demoralized about politics and have given up on the political process, I think it's imperative that we have as many debates as possible -- certainly more than six. I look forward to working with the DNC to see if we can significantly expand the proposed debate schedule."

The other two official candidates – former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee and former Sen. Jim Webb – had less to say.

“Governor Chafee is looking forward to the debates!” said spokeswoman Jennifer Rich, when contacted by Foxnews.com.

Webb’s people did not return a request for comment, but told Politico that Webb will participate whenever, and for however many debates are held. “All we know is we will show up for as many debates as they want to do,” spokesman Craig Crawford said on Wednesday.

The debates are critical to contenders like O’Malley, who has low recognition among primary voters outside of Maryland. For him and the others, the free media coverage and chance to shine during the debates is critical for their outreach to voters.

“Look at it from their point of view – they’re struggling for name recognition and identity with the voters. Meanwhile the party is going to say enough – we don’t want the bloodletting,” said Madonna.

2012 Republican candidate Mitt Romney was said to have been banged up so badly by his fellow primary candidates during their 19 official debates that it hurt him in the general election, which he lost to President Obama. That might be the DNC’s line of thinking. Clinton had to debate Obama no less than 26 times before he beat her in the 2008 primary.

“Let’s be honest we don’t know whether (the debate schedule) has anything to do with Clinton stumbling and her current problems in the polls,” Madonna said, pointing to her creeping unfavorable ratings and the private email scandal. “The other problem in these debates is they can become a referendum on Obama,” and Clinton’s relationship to him could boomerang on her. The leadership could be mindful of that.

It can’t hurt O’Malley and Sanders to push back, Madonna added. “They need to take the gloves off at some point, and challenge her,” he said. “People in the same party need to give people a reason to vote for them, and talking about their differences, too, just like they did (in the Republican debate) last night.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/07/fellow-dems-blast-dnc-for-coddling-hillary-in-debate-schedule/?intcmp=hpbt1

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »
I'm not going to waste my time "proving" anything to you.  If you were reasonable and I felt like it, I'd provide some resources, but you're not and I don't.  Use your friend Google (not like it will matter).  You disciples don't care about the facts. 

Case in point:  you saying Obama "did not know the mandate was a tax" is absolutely false.  The only way he got the bill passed was by telling Democrats the mandate was not a tax.  Then when he got into court he argued that the mandate was in fact a tax, and that is the only way the mandate was upheld. 

Again..in terms of policy, shit changes....you determine that Obama has lied so in your mind he has.....there is no concrete evidence that Obama lied

and the fact that I keep telling you that the CIA admitted during government hearings that they initially thought Benghazi was caused by the video and relayed such to secretary of state Clinton and  to Obama and you CONTINUING to call Obama a liar in that regard in spite of that proves you just aren't really unbiased and destroys your credibility

sorry.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
Again..in terms of policy, shit changes....you determine that Obama has lied so in your mind he has.....there is no concrete evidence that Obama lied

and the fact that I keep telling you that the CIA admitted during government hearings that they initially thought Benghazi was caused by the video and relayed such to secretary of state Clinton and  to Obama and you CONTINUING to call Obama a liar in that regard in spite of that proves you just aren't really unbiased and destroys your credibility

sorry.

Nothing changed.  He knew it was a tax before he sold it to Democrats and the Americans public. 

And yes, he lied about the youtube video too.  This is a classic example of how that man got elected twice, and why Hillary is the favorite to win 2016.  We are so screwed . . . .

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2015, 09:51:28 PM »
Nothing changed.  He knew it was a tax before he sold it to Democrats and the Americans public. 

And yes, he lied about the youtube video too.  This is a classic example of how that man got elected twice, and why Hillary is the favorite to win 2016.  We are so screwed . . . .

WOW..what happened to you man?...I guess you're In the Tea Party now

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: August 12, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
 :o

Bernie Sanders in Statistical Tie With Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire Poll

Senator Bernie Sanders and his wife, Jane O'Meara Sanders, at a rally in Los Angeles on Monday.Credit Monica Almeida/The New York Times
By Alan Rappeport
August 12, 2015

Senator Bernie Sanders is making significant inroads against Hillary Rodham Clinton in New Hampshire, with a new poll showing him in a statistical tie with Mrs. Clinton in the state.

A new survey released by Franklin Pierce University and The Boston Herald found that 44 percent of Democrats in the state are backing Mr. Sanders compared with 37 percent for Mrs. Clinton, a difference that is within the poll’s margin of error.

The last Democratic poll from the group in March showed Mr. Sanders with support of 8 percent of likely voters, demonstrating a significant erosion in the former secretary of state’s lead.

The Franklin Pierce survey follows a WMUR poll last week that also showed Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Clinton in a tight race in New Hampshire. Mrs. Clinton continues to poll well nationally, but questions about her use of a private email account and growing criticism from Republicans have taken a toll on her popularity.

Despite Mr. Sanders’s strength in New Hampshire, nearly two-thirds of Democrats in the state think Mrs. Clinton will ultimately secure the nomination. However, the lack of excitement for her campaign was illustrated by the fact that 51 percent said they could back her but that they were not enthusiastic about her candidacy.

As for Mr. Sanders, enthusiasm for the Vermont senator’s campaign is robust but voters have doubts about his electability.

Other Democratic candidates such as Lincoln Chafee, Martin O’Malley and Jim Webb are failing to gain much traction so far in New Hampshire, but voters to appear to have an appetite for another candidate to join the fray: Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. Of the 442 likely voters surveyed, 46 percent said Mr. Biden should run for president.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/12/bernie-sanders-in-statistical-tie-with-hillary-clinton-in-new-hampshire-poll/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: August 12, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »
:o

Bernie Sanders in Statistical Tie With Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire Poll

Senator Bernie Sanders and his wife, Jane O'Meara Sanders, at a rally in Los Angeles on Monday.Credit Monica Almeida/The New York Times
By Alan Rappeport
August 12, 2015

Senator Bernie Sanders is making significant inroads against Hillary Rodham Clinton in New Hampshire, with a new poll showing him in a statistical tie with Mrs. Clinton in the state.

A new survey released by Franklin Pierce University and The Boston Herald found that 44 percent of Democrats in the state are backing Mr. Sanders compared with 37 percent for Mrs. Clinton, a difference that is within the poll’s margin of error.

The last Democratic poll from the group in March showed Mr. Sanders with support of 8 percent of likely voters, demonstrating a significant erosion in the former secretary of state’s lead.

The Franklin Pierce survey follows a WMUR poll last week that also showed Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Clinton in a tight race in New Hampshire. Mrs. Clinton continues to poll well nationally, but questions about her use of a private email account and growing criticism from Republicans have taken a toll on her popularity.

Despite Mr. Sanders’s strength in New Hampshire, nearly two-thirds of Democrats in the state think Mrs. Clinton will ultimately secure the nomination. However, the lack of excitement for her campaign was illustrated by the fact that 51 percent said they could back her but that they were not enthusiastic about her candidacy.

As for Mr. Sanders, enthusiasm for the Vermont senator’s campaign is robust but voters have doubts about his electability.

Other Democratic candidates such as Lincoln Chafee, Martin O’Malley and Jim Webb are failing to gain much traction so far in New Hampshire, but voters to appear to have an appetite for another candidate to join the fray: Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. Of the 442 likely voters surveyed, 46 percent said Mr. Biden should run for president.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/12/bernie-sanders-in-statistical-tie-with-hillary-clinton-in-new-hampshire-poll/

Unbelievable.

It has just gotten consistently worse and worse for Hillary.

I don't know how Bernie will fare in The South but these rallies he holds with 20 thousand plus people are very impressive.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: August 12, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
Unbelievable.

I don't know how Bernie will fare in The South but these rallies he holds with 20 thousand plus people are very impressive.

Right?  She just might have to work to win the nomination, although the DNC is doing what it can to protect her (e.g., reducing the number of debates from 25 to 6).

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2015, 12:40:05 PM »
Unbelievable.

Agreed....Hillary has no momentum since she is so bogged down responding to this email thing...which seems to be a never-ending story...it just goes on and on

and yes....Bernie is drawing some impressive crowds..how odd it would be if it came down to him and Trump

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: August 12, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »
Agreed....Hillary has no momentum since she is so bogged down responding to this email thing...which seems to be a never-ending story...it just goes on and on

She should be sliding rapidly.   Instead it's "Feel the bern IF biden is in the race), which he is not.

She is staying in good enough shape to come out of 2015 without many scratches.  The repub competitor will look like shit no matter what, thanks to trump.

Hilary SHOULD be all over the news for her shit behavior in servergate.  but liberal trump is holding a press conference to steal the media spotlight every single time more info comes out about hilary server.

Didn't the FBI grab her server on friday?  ANd so Trump actually goes on the news - on a friday night - to make a joke about menstration?   Too much of a concidence! 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »

and yes....Bernie is drawing some impressive crowds..how odd it would be if it came down to him and Trump

That would would likely end up in a fist fight because I don't think either one of those crotchety old bastards know how to back down. 8)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2015, 08:40:34 AM »
That would would likely end up in a fist fight because I don't think either one of those crotchety old bastards know how to back down. 8)

:D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »
She should be sliding rapidly.   Instead it's "Feel the bern IF biden is in the race), which he is not.

She is staying in good enough shape to come out of 2015 without many scratches.  The repub competitor will look like shit no matter what, thanks to trump.

Hilary SHOULD be all over the news for her shit behavior in servergate.  but liberal trump is holding a press conference to steal the media spotlight every single time more info comes out about hilary server.

Didn't the FBI grab her server on friday?  ANd so Trump actually goes on the news - on a friday night - to make a joke about menstration?   Too much of a concidence! 

Bernie is drawing some big crowds....BUT...can his organization get them all out to the polls???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2015, 10:03:50 AM »
Bernie is drawing some big crowds....BUT...can his organization get them all out to the polls???

Bernie is the team down 17 points to the Patriots at halftime.

"Well Jim, we saw that last drive by the Bengals to make it 20-3 at halftime... if they can maintain that momentum, they might have a chance against Brady and this hight powered offense..."

I'd love to see hilary lose, but it'd take a heavyweight like obama to do it, not an extreme liberal like Sanders.  ALTHOUGH if sanders wins the primary, he'd automatically win the general, since the base votes, the base chooses, and the base loves extremes.  Same way a cruz would win the general by owning the base.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2015, 10:18:43 AM »
Bernie is the team down 17 points to the Patriots at halftime.

"Well Jim, we saw that last drive by the Bengals to make it 20-3 at halftime... if they can maintain that momentum, they might have a chance against Brady and this hight powered offense..."

I'd love to see hilary lose, but it'd take a heavyweight like obama to do it, not an extreme liberal like Sanders.  ALTHOUGH if sanders wins the primary, he'd automatically win the general, since the base votes, the base chooses, and the base loves extremes.  Same way a cruz would win the general by owning the base.

He might actually win New Hampshire...but after that, it'll be tough......After Hillary destroyed Obama on Super Tuesday, everyone thought it was over but Obama kept campaigning and ran off 10 straight primary wins in the middle of America where the media wasn't paying attention...next thing you know, all the momentum went out of Hillary's campaign especially when blacks realized that Obama could win and stopped voting for Hillary in droves....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »
He might actually win New Hampshire...but after that, it'll be tough......After Hillary destroyed Obama on Super Tuesday, everyone thought it was over but Obama kept campaigning and ran off 10 straight primary wins in the middle of America where the media wasn't paying attention...next thing you know, all the momentum went out of Hillary's campaign especially when blacks realized that Obama could win and stopped voting for Hillary in droves....

right now, dems are excited about him, it's summer, the kids are out of school, the news is slow except for trump (and people are tiring of that) and nobody likes clinton.

But, as the months pass, hilary will dig dirt on sanders.  Sanders doesn't look good, he won't translate well.  And he's an extreme socialist, that doesn't play well with the south.

I'd love love love to see him win, and I always like the 'what if' potential paths.  But I see no path to victory for him.  He comes within 6 points in NH and calls it a moral victory before hilary sweeps the states.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2015, 10:42:30 AM »
right now, dems are excited about him, it's summer, the kids are out of school, the news is slow except for trump (and people are tiring of that) and nobody likes clinton.

But, as the months pass, hilary will dig dirt on sanders.  Sanders doesn't look good, he won't translate well.  And he's an extreme socialist, that doesn't play well with the south.

I'd love love love to see him win, and I always like the 'what if' potential paths.  But I see no path to victory for him.  He comes within 6 points in NH and calls it a moral victory before hilary sweeps the states.

Good prediction..I can envision this...The only way Hillary can probably lose is if they found the codes to our nuclear arsenal in her e-mails ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »
WSJ: Likelihood Growing That Biden Will Run

Image: WSJ: Likelihood Growing That Biden Will Run (Jason Davis/Getty Images)
By Melanie Batley   
Monday, 24 Aug 2015

Vice President Joe Biden is increasingly leaning toward throwing his hat into the ring for 2016, that is if he feels he can pull together a credible campaign so late into the season, The Wall Street Journal reported.

According to people familiar with the matter, financial, political and family matters are all under consideration and his decision whether or not to run has been dominating his conversations recently.

Biden met with Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Saturday, sending the most serious signal of late that he is considering a bid, with some speculating that he was sounding out the support he might receive among those in the party's progressive base.

"The vice president has not made a decision about his political future," Biden spokeswoman Kendra Barkoff told the Journal. "Anyone speculating that he has made a decision is wrong."

The Journal noted that Biden would enter the race as an underdog, but some believe Hillary Clinton's nomination is not inevitable.

Recent polls give Clinton a strong front-runner status, and she has a solid and well-developed campaign apparatus behind her. Nevertheless, as the email scandal continues to escalate and her approval ratings decline, backers are increasingly nervous that she could be vulnerable to a credible challenge.

Speculation about Biden's intentions has been mounting for months, but a report out earlier this month suggested that his close friends and political allies share a widespread view that he should stay out of the race or risk damaging his legacy.

Politico reported Monday that a Biden bid would rouse political loyalties in the White House and potentially create a dilemma for the president himself.

"I don't know what the official line will be," a West Wing staffer told Politico. "But you will have a lot of people in the building rooting for him."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/joe-biden-democrats-2016-hillary/2015/08/24/id/671587/#ixzz3jmIJisWT