Author Topic: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee  (Read 111415 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee
« Reply #800 on: March 08, 2016, 01:37:25 PM »
New York times has just not started to NOT include Superdelegates.

Wrong again.

Superdelegates  Clinton 461,   Sanders 22   

Democratic party leaders who are free to support any candidate. The majority of the 712 superdelegates have declared support for Mrs. Clinton, though they could switch candidates if she were to lose the lead in pledged delegates, which are awarded based on election results.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/primary-calendar-and-results.html?_r=0

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #801 on: March 08, 2016, 01:41:37 PM »
Wrong again.

Democratic party leaders who are free to support any candidate. The majority of the 712 superdelegates have declared support for Mrs. Clinton, though they could switch candidates if she were to lose the lead in pledged delegates, which are awarded based on election results.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/primary-calendar-and-results.html?_r=0

Look at the graphs, genius.

Up until yesterday they were putting them in the graphs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #802 on: March 08, 2016, 01:45:16 PM »
Look at the graphs, genius.

Up until yesterday they were putting them in the graphs.

I looked at the graphs.  But I also looked at what comes right after the graphs.  You cannot look at one without the other. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: March 08, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »
I looked at the graphs.  But I also looked at what comes right after the graphs.  You cannot look at one without the other. 
Well, NYTimes made a clear change to start doing it.  I saw the news story on it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #804 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:31 PM »
Well, NYTimes made a clear change to start doing it.  I saw the news story on it.

Well I just posted the quote and link from the NY Times.  Next softball? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: March 08, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »
???

Did you know that Hillary Clinton had a huge lead in Superdelegates in 2008 the entire time and that it made zero difference because they all switched to Obama.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #806 on: March 08, 2016, 02:06:22 PM »
Did you read this part on the page as well?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: March 08, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »
???

Did you know that Hillary Clinton had a huge lead in Superdelegates in 2008 the entire time and that it made zero difference because they all switched to Obama.

In light of the false info you just gave me, I'm not inclined to believe you.  

But I don't blame you for trying to change the subject.  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #808 on: March 08, 2016, 02:19:38 PM »
Did you read this part on the page as well?

Good grief.  I quoted it. 

Wrong again.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #809 on: March 08, 2016, 02:27:14 PM »
Good grief.  I quoted it. 

Do you understand what it means?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #810 on: March 08, 2016, 02:35:33 PM »
Do you understand what it means?

Did you not see that I had already posted it?  You really do have a reading comprehension problem.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #811 on: March 09, 2016, 09:12:53 AM »
She is still running away with the nomination, but how weak is she to be losing states to someone like Bernie Sanders?

What went wrong for Hillary Clinton in Michigan?
By MJ Lee, Jeff Zeleny, Dana Bash and Dan Merica, CNN
Wed March 9, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

(CNN)Hillary Clinton's surprise loss in Michigan raises an urgent question for her campaign: What went wrong?

Michigan was supposed to be a clean victory for the former secretary of state, proving that she could win across the country and put her on a quick path to the Democratic nomination. But when polls closed and it became clear that the race against Bernie Sanders would be a nail-biter, the second-guessing among Clinton's allies kicked into full gear.

In the days ahead of the primary, Clinton repeatedly hammered Sanders over his 2009 vote against a bailout for the U.S. auto industry, calculating that the line of attack would resonate in a state that's home to the country's largest car manufacturers. But by Tuesday night, some Michigan Democrats aligned with Clinton's campaign said privately they think that strategy did not work as they intended.

CNN exit polls showed that Sanders outperformed Clinton among voters who are "very worried" about the U.S. economy, 56% to 40%. Among voters who believe international trade takes away American jobs, Sanders also led Clinton, 56% to 43% — a sign that Sanders' populist economic message resonated in Michigan.

In another troubling sign for the Clinton campaign, among voters who said their most important priority in a presidential candidate is that they are honest and trustworthy, Sanders overwhelmingly outperformed Clinton, 80% to 19%.

Some supporters pointed to the fact that, in contrast to Sanders, Clinton had only campaigned in Detroit, Flint and Grand Rapids. After campaigning tirelessly in Nevada and South Carolina, Clinton's schedule in Michigan seemed less packed.

The hand-wringing inside the Clinton circle also included the concern that perhaps the campaign had lost sight of winning the Democratic nomination — and started looking ahead at the general election too soon.

"They didn't take Sanders for granted as much as voters," said one top Democrat close to the campaign.

Clinton told supporters on Monday that "the sooner I could become your nominee, the more I could begin to turn my attention to the Republicans."

Clinton's aides seemed to anticipate the potential of a Michigan loss. A memo last week from Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook noted "even if Sen. Sanders were able to eke out a victory (in Michigan), we would still net more delegates in Mississippi, which holds its election on the same night."

Indeed, Clinton actually won more delegates than Sanders on Tuesday, according to a CNN estimate, picking up 84 to Sanders' 67. She now has 1,234 of the 2,383 delegates needed to win the nomination. That figure includes super delegates, party officials and office holders who have said they will back her.

Sanders has 567 delegates overall.

As it began to dawn on the Clinton campaign that the Michigan contest would be much tighter than it had anticipated, Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton's communication director, said that demographics were partly to blame.

"Michigan looks a lot like states that Sen. Sanders does well in. The Democratic vote is only about 75% white -- that is always coming in at a disadvantage to us," Palmieri told reporters Tuesday night in Ohio.

Palmieri added that at the end of the day, the campaign still felt "confident she is going to be the nominee."

Hillary Clinton wins Miss. as exit polls favor Trump

Hillary Clinton wins Miss. as exit polls favor Trump 00:55
Sanders' performance in Michigan gives the senator's campaign a fresh boost of optimism. Particularly after losing by big margins to Clinton in a state like South Carolina, where he had made aggressive outreach to the African-American community, one of his main challenges is to show that he can win over a more diverse electorate.

Clinton's struggles in Michigan will be particularly worrisome as the campaign aims to win neighboring Ohio on March 15.

But on Tuesday night, Palmieri denied that the tightness in Michigan indicates potential problems for Clinton in Ohio, arguing that Clinton's message on jobs, the auto bailout and the Republican Party can deliver them the Buckeye State.

"We think that she came into Michigan with a very strong economic agenda and message about how she would create jobs and put manufacturing sector around clean energy, also how she would help create small businesses, very future-oriented," Palmieri said. "We don't think Senator Sanders offered that and we think that that will be effective in Ohio."

Sanders acknowledged that the Michigan vote was close but thanked voters for "repudiating" polls that indicated Clinton had stronger support in the state.

"What tonight means is that the Bernie Sanders campaign, the people's revolution that we're talking about, the political revolution that we're talking about, is strong in every part of the country," Sanders said. "And, frankly, we believe our strongest areas are yet to happen."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/09/politics/hillary-clinton-michigan-loss/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: March 09, 2016, 09:14:55 AM »
Current delegate count:

Clinton - 1238
Sanders - 572

http://www.cnn.com/election/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #813 on: March 09, 2016, 10:04:22 AM »
Current delegate count:

Clinton - 1238
Sanders - 572

http://www.cnn.com/election/
Superdelegates again?  ???

Do you know what a Superdelegate is?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: March 09, 2016, 10:07:24 AM »
Superdelegates again?  ???

Do you know what a Superdelegate is?

You crack me up.   :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #815 on: March 09, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »
You crack me up.   :)
I am just wondering if you know what they are.  You seem to not be able to make the connection yet.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #816 on: March 09, 2016, 10:40:32 AM »
It just seems so convenient that, upon reporting results from the very first contest, the media effectively declares Hillary the winner.  Because that's exactly what it amounts to.  And it's rather difficult not to notice the same thing escaping Trump.

The American people sit on the sidelines, while a bunch of screwy elitists use their Media Machine to play games.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #817 on: March 09, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »
oh the top newspapers have been all about hilary from minute #1.   "Is it over for bernie?" right before new years because a staffer had access to a contact list he should not have?   LOL they're in bed together, no doubt.

Love or hate trump, his presence in this race has shown us how freakin' crooked the media can be.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #818 on: March 09, 2016, 10:51:22 AM »
oh the top newspapers have been all about hilary from minute #1.   "Is it over for bernie?" right before new years because a staffer had access to a contact list he should not have?   LOL they're in bed together, no doubt.

Love or hate trump, his presence in this race has shown us how freakin' crooked the media can be.

Agreed.  The audience problem alone should have caused people to go Samuel Whittemore on their asses.

Maybe we really are at the end of the line, and these are the signs.  Not to get all weird, but I can't see how we'll ever stand again after being so fucked-over this season.  We have only become more vulnerable than ever IMO.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #819 on: March 09, 2016, 11:18:04 AM »
Agreed.  The audience problem alone should have caused people to go Samuel Whittemore on their asses.

Maybe we really are at the end of the line, and these are the signs.  Not to get all weird, but I can't see how we'll ever stand again after being so fucked-over this season.  We have only become more vulnerable than ever IMO.

it'll keep growing like this.   Ron Paul's people got screwed over in 2012 on some last minute rule change to make them irrelevant.  SC ran a senate candidate (alvin greene?) who was a mentally impaired broke man with sex charges pending.  complete plant to see if it could work, and it did.

In 2016, Trump running as a dem plant and they're preparing to change convention rules to screw over the will of the people.

2016 is nothing more than the usual escalation from the last presidential election cycle.  It's fascinating to watch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #820 on: March 09, 2016, 11:22:04 AM »
I am just wondering if you know what they are.  You seem to not be able to make the connection yet.

You don't understand how the process works, how delegates are selected, how they vote, and who is actually reporting the delegate count.  But you keep hanging around here.  There are some smart guys who post here who can help you learn. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #821 on: March 09, 2016, 07:49:23 PM »
Ever notice in these debates, when it comes to the Telemundo reps, that they don't use people who speak both Spanish and English in a somewhat normal fashion?  It's always the extreme, really heavily affected accent.

Seems sort of odd, given that they communicate for a living.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #822 on: March 09, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »
As Bernie made his comment about the buying of elections (in his closing statement), he should have turned to look right at Hillary and point at her.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #823 on: March 09, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
As Bernie made his comment about the buying of elections (in his closing statement), he should have turned to look right at Hillary and point at her.
Did you see that Standing Ovation Bernie got at the end!!!  ROFLMAO  And then they panned to Hillary's face and she just did nervous laughter the whole time.  Then, the audience started chanting BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE.  HAHAHA It was awkward as hell for her.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: March 09, 2016, 08:56:08 PM »
Standing Ovation.  Look at Hillary's Face. HAHAHHAAH