Author Topic: Heisman talk  (Read 1920 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Heisman talk
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:41:05 AM »
I think Ingram was a solid choice and seems like a great kid.  Very happy for him.  But I have to say, I actually wanted Toby to win.  His highlight reel was just awesome.....he was bowling over fools left and right and he has the 1950's look going for him.  The play where he litterally knocked the Oregon (I think) players helmet off as he ran over him was a highlight for the ages.

Any of you suprised, disappointed, etc...?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Heisman talk
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »
Should have been Gerhart or Suh but Alabama is Alabama. Granted I think Alabama would have lost a few games without Ingram.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »
not suprised at all. The heisman has been irrelevent for a while. Its all about offensive players. Until the award goes to the most outstanding player in the country it will continue to be irrelvent. IMO of course.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »
ingram is the worst choice ever

if the award wasn't a joke before, it is now

E
E

body88

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »
Gerhart should have won it.  Total joke.  People forget that Gerhart plays D1 baseball, also.  Freak athlete....and he carried him team.  I can only hope the pats get a chance to draft him.

body88

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 06:59:39 AM »
How does Gerhart not win this?  More yards than Ingram, more td's, plays two sports and is the ONLY reason Stanford did anything this year. Ingram is surrounded by talent. Yes, he's a top back, but Gerhart did more.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 10:01:22 AM »
I was rooting for Suh. He was a man against boys versus Texas.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 10:36:16 AM »
I didn't think he would but I wanted McKoy to win.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 01:03:28 PM »
How does Gerhart not win this?  More yards than Ingram, more td's, plays two sports and is the ONLY reason Stanford did anything this year. Ingram is surrounded by talent. Yes, he's a top back, but Gerhart did more.

He won because outside of California, Oregon and Washington, no one watches the Pac-10 nor do they care about Stanford.

Ingram won it because of the Florida game. Having a huge game in a 1 vs 2 matchup on a Saturday afternoon will do wonders for someone's Heisman stock.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
He won because outside of California, Oregon and Washington, no one watches the Pac-10 nor do they care about Stanford.

Ingram won it because of the Florida game. Having a huge game in a 1 vs 2 matchup on a Saturday afternoon will do wonders for someone's Heisman stock.

Also he was the last player the voters saw and had a big game when no one really stood out as a clear cut favorite.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:40 PM »
I think Ingram was a solid choice and seems like a great kid.  Very happy for him.  But I have to say, I actually wanted Toby to win.  His highlight reel was just awesome.....he was bowling over fools left and right and he has the 1950's look going for him.  The play where he litterally knocked the Oregon (I think) players helmet off as he ran over him was a highlight for the ages.

Any of you suprised, disappointed, etc...?

Are you shittin me...Toby should have ran away (pun) with the shit..Dude the boy had 200 yards more than ingram and 8 more thouchdowns. Oh..and ingram had another game to do it in...this is some bullshit

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »

Are you shittin me...Toby should have ran away (pun) with the shit..Dude the boy had 200 yards more than ingram and 8 more thouchdowns. Oh..and ingram had another game to do it in...this is some bullshit

Oh settle down mal, I'm sure they were weighing the competition.......SEC > pac ten  ;D

Besides, they couldn't let a white RB win the award.....what year do you think it is?  1955?  hahaha

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 06:32:19 PM »
Oh settle down mal, I'm sure they were weighing the competition.......SEC > pac ten  ;D

Besides, they couldn't let a white RB win the award.....what year do you think it is?  1955?  hahaha

first off...i knew that was coming...those power houses down at miss state ::)

dude i really think its race, white black red green....that white boy can play...... but i been around football my entire life...toby is a ball player. his running style translates into the nfl really well..

body88

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »

True, but I still think Toby should have won it. 

body88

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
first off...i knew that was coming...those power houses down at miss state ::)

dude i really think its race, white black red green....that white boy can play...... but i been around football my entire life...toby is a ball player. his running style translates into the nfl really well..

Agreed.  I would love to see the Pats pick him up.  Did you know he plays d1 baseball, also? Total beast with the brains and the dedication. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »
Agreed.  I would love to see the Pats pick him up.  Did you know he plays d1 baseball, also? Total beast with the brains and the dedication. 
best person in football

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 10:20:07 PM »
The other thing to remember is that the PAC 10 was the best conference in college football this year.  Toby was doing this against pretty much JUST the elite.  he shoulda won it easily, but no one cares about the west coast.  fuck espn.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 07:28:49 AM »
The other thing to remember is that the PAC 10 was the best conference in college football this year.  Toby was doing this against pretty much JUST the elite.  he shoulda won it easily, but no one cares about the west coast.  fuck espn.
qft

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
Like I've said, I wish Toby would have won, and I was half joking about the Pac 10 vs SEC.....BUT no team in the pac 10 gave up less than 20 pts per game....that probably hurt him.  Although in fairness, the Pac 10 has some very potent offenses.

The SEC had 4 teams that held teams under 20 per game and the avg per team.  Not saying that was the only factor, but probably influenced voters.

mal brings up a vaild point about race.  And I think the guy will be a BEAST in the NFL.  And he will be a TD machine on the goal line.  Some NFL safety is going to get posterized.

ALL that said, I think the biggest factors were the game against UF and the fact his team is going to be playing in the natl title game.  Not fair at all.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 08:47:56 AM »
Like I've said, I wish Toby would have won, and I was half joking about the Pac 10 vs SEC.....BUT no team in the pac 10 gave up less than 20 pts per game....that probably hurt him.  Although in fairness, the Pac 10 has some very potent offenses.

The SEC had 4 teams that held teams under 20 per game and the avg per team.  Not saying that was the only factor, but probably influenced voters.

mal brings up a vaild point about race.  And I think the guy will be a BEAST in the NFL.  And he will be a TD machine on the goal line.  Some NFL safety is going to get posterized.

ALL that said, I think the biggest factors were the game against UF and the fact his team is going to be playing in the natl title game.  Not fair at all.

yeah...i think that the SEC championship had a lot to do with it..And i think BAMA had 3 national games and Stanford had 1 and that was against Nortre Dame who has no pro prospects on defense

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »

Toby got robbed by Kunta!!!!
((-::