Author Topic: Tim Tebow one of the most overrated qb's of all time but...  (Read 10522 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Tim Tebow one of the most overrated qb's of all time but...
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
OK so what If he dont become a 10 time pro bowl player he's overrated?please.....shit is retarted....

not to mention what if he doesn't get drafted till the 3rd or 4th round.....what do you expect to get?If He's a high first round pick I could see him maybe not living up to that....But I would love my team to take him in the 3rd round no problem....
DAWG

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 03:32:46 PM »

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40.  I can find many more exceptions to your rule.  If Tebow is so slow and overrated why was he recruited like crazy by every major school on the planet?
LOL tebow is no jerry rice...

jerry rice also benefited from possibly one of the best qb's to ever play the game...

college is a different animal from the NFL body, I dont think anybody is disputing his success in college its his success in the NFL that is doubtful.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »
OK so what If he dont become a 10 time pro bowl player he's overrated?please.....shit is retarted....

not to mention what if he doesn't get drafted till the 3rd or 4th round.....what do you expect to get?If He's a high first round pick I could see him maybe not living up to that....But I would love my team to take him in the 3rd round no problem....
what if he comes in and doesnt make a dent at all?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »
what if he comes in and doesnt make a dent at all?

If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle....Theres no guarantee that any single player in next years draft will proform well....It's all a crap shoot...

Whats that have to do with the topic of the thread that you think he's overrated which is laughable,,,,

DAWG

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 03:48:39 PM »
If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle....Theres no guarantee that any single player in next years draft will proform well....It's all a crap shoot...

Whats that have to do with the topic of the thread that you think he's overrated which is laughable,,,,

Draft = crap shoot

Recruiting = crap shoot
D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 04:17:48 PM »

actually the topic of this thread was to give respect to a guy who deserved it... ::)

again my overrated comment was directed towards his NFL prospects not his college performance...

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »
I agree he is a great college player, but again you dont make a career out of playing college

Jesse Palmer's getting paid good ....so is papa dakalis (the last alleged gay guy to play for SC who announces  Fox west games) and John Jackson (another alleged  sugar filled trojan)  and many others made good money after playing college ball yet not making it ALL THE WAY to the pros.   But as far as the BEST in college go, T2 IS THE BEST OT EVER PLAY!   He just is.   He may not be a great one in the pro's but he kicked ass in college.
((-::

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »
Jesse Palmer's getting paid good ....so is papa dakalis (the last fag to play for SC who announces  Fox west games) and John Jackson (another sugar filled trojan)  and many others made good money after playing college ball yet not making it ALL THE WAY to the pros.   But as far as the BEST in college go, T2 IS THE BEST OT EVER PLAY!   He just is.   He may not be a great one in the pro's but he kicked ass in college.

Gotta agree with reg on this one.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »
I take back the name calling if I 'fended anyone.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 07:33:05 AM »

Tebow runs at a snails pace?  He's got explosion and vision, thats what you want in a "pounder type" running back.  Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40.  I can find many more exceptions to your rule.  How many examples do I have to come up with before you stop dismissing them?  If Tebow is so slow and overrated why was he recruited like crazy by every major school on the planet?  

HAHAHAHA

Tebow wasnt better than Charlie Ward, Tommie Frazier
Could he throw better than Charlie...no...can he run better than charlie...no...and oh yeah charlie punted too...hahaha

And FSU Played a real schedule back then....No FIUs on there list of teams to rack up stats on...shit makes me wanna puke...

Do i like Tebow...hell yeah...i love that he is gonna run right...everyone knows he is gonna run right...and he still gets yards...But think about charlie ward in college...he didnt get to benefit from the hyper media with 15 news outlets and internet sports sites force feeding you the same name over and over again. It isnt tebows fault ....but again..look at the times we live in..

Dude do you remember Tommie Frazier...OMG..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 09:04:40 AM »
Jesse Palmer's getting paid good ....so is papa dakalis (the last alleged gay guy to play for SC who announces  Fox west games) and John Jackson (another alleged  sugar filled trojan)  and many others made good money after playing college ball yet not making it ALL THE WAY to the pros.   But as far as the BEST in college go, T2 IS THE BEST OT EVER PLAY!   He just is.   He may not be a great one in the pro's but he kicked ass in college.
::) your missing my point and making my point at the same time...

you dont make a career out of playing football by playing college, thats why after 4 years you go to the pro... ;)

Pro footballl is the be all, end all of football

agreed he did kick some ass in college but again college football is a different animal completely than the NFL

when linemen are out running him and they are 50 lbs bigger than the linemen he was playing against in college...lol you do the math

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 09:08:21 AM »

HAHAHAHA

Tebow wasnt better than Charlie Ward, Tommie Frazier
Could he throw better than Charlie...no...can he run better than charlie...no...and oh yeah charlie punted too...hahaha

And FSU Played a real schedule back then....No FIUs on there list of teams to rack up stats on...shit makes me wanna puke...

Do i like Tebow...hell yeah...i love that he is gonna run right...everyone knows he is gonna run right...and he still gets yards...But think about charlie ward in college...he didnt get to benefit from the hyper media with 15 news outlets and internet sports sites force feeding you the same name over and over again. It isnt tebows fault ....but again..look at the times we live in..

Dude do you remember Tommie Frazier...OMG..

Ward padded stats too.  Against Duke, MD, Virginia, Wake Forest, etc....

So did Frazier against the weak Nebraska schedule, too.

Tebow will be considered a superior college player to both of them. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 10:00:15 AM »
Ward padded stats too.  Against Duke, MD, Virginia, Wake Forest, etc....

So did Frazier against the weak Nebraska schedule, too.

Tebow will be considered a superior college player to both of them. 

hahahaha atleast those are teams in their conference.

tebow will be considered superior to them to women who like how he looks...

My rank of college players (that i have seen play)

1. Charlie Ward (i hate fla state)
2. Tommie Frazier (i hate neb)
3. Vince Young (i damn sure hate texas)
4. Reggie Bush
5. Vince Young
6. Charles Woodson Matt Leinhart
7. Brian Bozworth
8. Andy Katz
9. Matt Leinhart
10. Ron Dayne

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »

4. Reggie Bush
5. Vince Young
7. Brian Bozworth
8. Andy Katz
9. Matt Leinhart
10. Ron Dayne

Two-time natl champ w/ at least one Heisman is not even in the top 10?  Maybe big mal is just jealous of Tebow's hollywood leading man looks and penchant for running over opposing LB's. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »
Two-time natl champ w/ at least one Heisman is not even in the top 10?  Maybe big mal is just jealous of Tebow's hollywood leading man looks and penchant for running over opposing LB's. 

He is number 11.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 11:17:58 AM »

He is number 11.

College wise, I like most of your list, also I would put in Tim Brown, Rocket Ishmail and Peyton Manning.

Man, I hate that college football is winding down.......and I really don't care about the Bama/Texas matchup, so its a letdown for the title either way.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »
College wise, I like most of your list, also I would put in Tim Brown, Rocket Ishmail and Peyton Manning.

Man, I hate that college football is winding down.......and I really don't care about the Bama/Texas matchup, so its a letdown for the title either way.

I wish TCU and Boise State were playing other teams instead of themselves.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »

I wish TCU and Boise State were playing other teams instead of themselves.

I agree.  When Clemson lost to TCU, I thought wow, what an upset.....now it's clear the better team won.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »
::) your missing my point and making my point at the same time...

you dont make a career out of playing football by playing college, thats why after 4 years you go to the pro... ;)

Pro footballl is the be all, end all of football

agreed he did kick some ass in college but again college football is a different animal completely than the NFL

when linemen are out running him and they are 50 lbs bigger than the linemen he was playing against in college...lol you do the math

That's the future that no one can predict if he will be ready.  But knowing his character i am betting on him.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »

damn...my bad...i missed manning...what about the qb after...bishop..he was dope too remember..
Rocket was awesome...and brown played before i was born i think

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »

4. Reggie Bush
5. Vince Young
7. Brian Bozworth
8. Andy Katz
9. Matt Leinhart
10. Ron Dayne

You forgot my cousin Marcus Allen aka Little Juice!!!!   and Tony Dorsett.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
You forgot my cousin Marcus Allen aka Little Juice!!!!   and Tony Dorsett.  
yeah i wasnt born when they were dope

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2009, 01:49:55 PM »
damn...my bad...i missed manning...what about the qb after...bishop..he was dope too remember..
Rocket was awesome...and brown played before i was born i think

Youngster..... do you mean Tee Martin for Tenn?  He was very good and people forget he was actually the one who was QB when Tenn won the natl title, not Peyton.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 02:26:38 PM »
Youngster..... do you mean Tee Martin for Tenn?  He was very good and people forget he was actually the one who was QB when Tenn won the natl title, not Peyton.

yesss...Tee Martin...not bishop...my bad...
He was super dope..had an allstar team ...Al wilson lb, Ray Thompson lb, big darwin walker at tackle, Jamal lewis at rb and travis henry crazy ass...pearless price cedric wilson (he played for the steelers too) at wr and an awesome oline.they were stacked

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 02:41:41 PM »

yesss...Tee Martin...not bishop...my bad...
He was super dope..had an allstar team ...Al wilson lb, Ray Thompson lb, big darwin walker at tackle, Jamal lewis at rb and travis henry crazy ass...pearless price cedric wilson (he played for the steelers too) at wr and an awesome oline.they were stacked

Tenn has always had a good amount of talent up until the last 3 years or so and fatboy Fulmer got lazy thinking his job was secure forever.  If Lane Kiffin can keep his dad as def coordinator, and his players from robbing convenience stores, Tenn will be tough for years to come.