Author Topic: 7 KEY Witnesses In Troopergate-Had Depositions CANCELLED In The Last 72 Hours  (Read 2549 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
It's cute right now, isn't it?

But just wait until President Obama decides he doesn't have to answer a single Q for 8 years either.

Lawyers, Troopergate, and Questions
By Reed Hundt - September 6, 2008, 7:05AM

"This week, seven key witnesses informed Mr. Branchflower through their attorneys that they would not provide depositions. Their depositions, which had been agreed to and scheduled earlier with Mr. Branchflower, were cancelled within the last 72 hours."

So isn't there anyone with investigatory power, or even just lawyerly or reportorial skills, who could inquire into exactly how all these witnesses to "troopergate" happened to obtain lawyers and then all follow the exact same tactic in the same 72 hours? Who are their lawyers; who is paying their lawyers? And many other questions that follow.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Conspiracy right?  /yawn

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
We need Greg Palast on the job, ...if he isn't already  :P
w

The Coach

You need to learn to put a source to that!

Yes, it is cute. Just keep putting out the BS, it only secures McCains presidency that much further. Liberalism is a terrible thing Rob, you need help!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Who cares?

youandme

• Getbig V
Who cares?

I thought the Dems would. They are always wanting to help and protect people, this trooper tasered his stepson who is 10, but Democrats agreed not to protect the boy but instead put politics first and go after Palin's kids a down syndrome baby, and a pregnant teenager.  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
He drank beer in his cruiser, he tasered his own son....tasered!!! Antbody here been tasered, I have, it sucks and I'm 220 plus and I knew it was coming. If she had'nt fired him, u idiots would be screaming about that. 240 as much as u try, once people heard about the beer and tasering...it was over.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
He drank beer in his cruiser, he tasered his own son....tasered!!! Antbody here been tasered, I have, it sucks and I'm 220 plus and I knew it was coming. If she had'nt fired him, u idiots would be screaming about that. 240 as much as u try, once people heard about the beer and tasering...it was over.
brutal honest truth 240 and the other left wing nuts on this board would have started 55 threads in a single day about it

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
brutal knowledge of the case.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
In 2006, state investigators found Wooten guilty of "a significant pattern of judgment failures," including using a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson and drinking beer while operating a state trooper vehicle. Wooten was suspended for 10 days as "a last chance to take corrective action."

Speaking Thursday to CNN's Drew Griffin and Kathleen Johnston, Wooten gave his account of the Taser incident but denied ever drinking while driving.

He said that he was a new Taser instructor, and his stepson was asking him about the equipment. "I didn't shoot him with live, you know, actual live cartridge," Wooten said.

Instead, he said, he hooked his stepson up to a training aid "with little clips. And, you know, the Taser was activated for less than a second, which would be less than what you would get if you touched an electric fence. ... It was as safe as I could possibly make it."

He said his stepson was on the living room floor surrounded by pillows, that he "was bragging about it," and that the family laughed about it.

Asked whether it was a dumb decision, Wooten told CNN, "absolutely."

The 2006 report called the incident an example of "extremely poor judgment," and noted that he has been trained in "the risks associated with use of the weapon on a child."

Wooten insists he has been "under a microscope, and everything I did was heavily scrutinized at the time."

The father of three, who was married four times, told CNN, "I'm trying to move on and be the best dad I can to my children. Be the best trooper that I can be. You know, I love my job. I love this state."

He added that McCain's choice of Palin as his running mate was "absolutely wonderful for the state of Alaska."

As reported by CNN. Brutal knowledge of an event as reported by a major news outlet, since I wasn't there and don't quote obscure CT websites as news.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i love it how people draw conclusions before the investigation is complete ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Ur fucking kidding me right............dude all u and most of the people on here do is jump jump jump...christ we should award u guys airborne wings.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Ur fucking kidding me right............dude all u and most of the people on here do is jump jump jump...christ we should award u guys airborne wings.

hey, some of it has been right, some has been wrong.  sorry for those things which weren't accurate.

her hubby spent almost a decade as a member of a fringe political separist group.  This is the truth by alaskan state records.  i got that one right...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Sure and while it took the media 2 weeks to dredge that up, they still haven't run with the Ayers crap or had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Rev wright stuff. Nope no lib media there. And whats true about Pallin exactly.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Sure and while it took the media 2 weeks to dredge that up, they still haven't run with the Ayers crap or had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Rev wright stuff. Nope no lib media there. And whats true about Pallin exactly.

FOX mentions Ayers several times per day.

Rush lied about the whitey tape and its release date to help with fundraising.  It never materialized.

What's true about palin?  Her hubby belonged to an alaskan separist party.  This is a fact.  Not lib reporting, AP reporting.  He was registered with that party from 95 til 02.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Yeah so......and Limbaugh never thought the tape was true.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
FOX mentions Ayers several times per day.

Rush lied about the whitey tape and its release date to help with fundraising.  It never materialized.

What's true about palin?  Her hubby belonged to an alaskan separist party.  This is a fact.  Not lib reporting, AP reporting.  He was registered with that party from 95 til 02.
LOL and the rest of the slanderous shit you posted on here as truth???? not true? are you admitting that you jumped the gun on all that shit?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
The campaign of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., likes to herald the independence of its new running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she and her husband were once member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United State.

And while McCain's motto -- as seen in a new TV ad -- is "Country First," the AIP's motto is the exact opposite -- "Alaska First -- Alaska Always."

After refraining from commenting on the charge for a day, the McCain campaign on Tuesday asserted that Palin was never a member of the AIP, and

Lynette Clark, the chairman of the AIP, told ABC News on Monday that Palin and her husband Todd were members in 1994, even attending the 1994 statewide convention in Wasilla. Clark was AIP secretary at the time.

This, it should be noted, does not square with official records.

Gail Fenumiai, director of the Alaska Division of Elections, tells ABC News that regardless of the impression given to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, "Gov. Sarah Palin first registered to vote in the state in May 1982 as a Republican, and she has not changed her party affiliate with the Division of Elections since that time."

Clark on Tuesday night said that she had been mistaken.

But for whatever reason, Clark thought that in 1994 Palin was a kindred spirit.

"We are a state's rights party," says Clark, a self-employed goldminer. The AIP has "a plank that challenges the legality of the Alaskan statehood vote as illegal and in violation of United Nations charter and international law."

She says it's not accurate to describe the party as secessionist -- they just want a vote, she says, adding that the members of the AIP hold different opinions on what Alaska should be.

"My own separate opinion as an individual is that we should be an independent nation," Clark says. Others in the AIP "believe that being a commonwealth would be a good avenue to follow." Some advocate statehood -- but a fuller statehood than exists now.

She doesn't know what Palin's position was.

"It never came up in conversation," Clark recalls. "But ...our platform was right under her nose."

Earlier this year, Palin sent a video message to the AIP for its annual convention, where AIP vice chair George Clark told the small crowd that Palin "was an AIP member before she got the job as a mayor of a small town –- that was a non-partisan job.  But you get along to go along -– she eventually joined the Republican Party, where she had all kinds of problems with their ethics, and well, I won’t go into that.  She also had about an 80 percent approval rating, and is pretty well sympathetic to her former membership."

A day after ABC News requested a response from Palin as to whether she was ever a member of the AIP, McCain campain spox Brian Rogers told ABC News that Clark's "allegations are false."

"Governor Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982," Rogers says, providing voter registration documentation showing her to be a Republican. "As you know, if she changed her registration, there would have been some record of it. There isn’t."

Rogers says that Palin didn’t attend the AIP convention in 1994, "but she visited them when they had their convention in Wasilla in 2000 as a courtesy since she was mayor."

When asked if Palin ever identified herself as a member of the AIP, Rogers said, "No, she's a lifelong Republican."

The AIP platform states that the purpose of the party is  to "seek the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska in conformance with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17, of the federal constitution ... To prohibit all bureaucratic regulations and judicial rulings purporting to have the effect of law, except that which shall be approved by the elected legislature ... To support the privatization of government services ...”

Walter Hickel, a former Republican governor, was elected to the governorship in 1990 as an AIP member -- the third-largest party in Alaska -- with a plurality vote of 38.8%. A Seattle Post-Intelligencer story that year said that "Hickel is running with the Alaska Independence Party, a fringe group advocating that the 49th state declare itself a sovereign nation. But he's not a separatist; he's an opportunist: the Independence Party was the only 11th-hour ticket to the general election."

Hickel returned to the Republican Party in 1994; he endorsed Palin in her gubernatorial run in 2006. Subsequent AIP gubernatorial candidates did not fare as well as did Hickel, garnering less than 2 percent of the vote.

Lynette Clark says that Palin is "a fine individual. She's forthright and she puts Alaska first."

She is not a fan of McCain.

"I can't understand why in God's name she has aligned herself with a candidate who opposes the development of our republic and Alaska's resource wealth," Clark says.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
LOL and the rest of the slanderous shit you posted on here as truth???? not true? are you admitting that you jumped the gun on all that shit?

no. i'm admitting some was right, some was wrong, some is still quite unproven.

For people to say "troopergate is BS" when we haven't even heard witness depositions, is silly.
For people to say "the baby is hers" when a birth cert doesn't exist and all hospital recrds were scrubbed, is silly.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Guess its not so clear cut......thats from ABC news.com
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
HH6, that's a distraction post.  

We're talking about her hubby.  not her.  Her hubby was a member for years.

she visited them in 2000, and again in 2008 and said they do important work.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
no. i'm admitting some was right, some was wrong, some is still quite unproven.

For people to say "troopergate is BS" when we haven't even heard witness depositions, is silly.
For people to say "the baby is hers" when a birth cert doesn't exist and all hospital recrds were scrubbed, is silly.

LOL ic but for you to treat them as true until ppl came out and discredited the story is not silly i guess?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
what has been proven true 240?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
HH6, that's a distraction post.  

We're talking about her hubby.  not her.  Her hubby was a member for years.

she visited them in 2000, and again in 2008 and said they do important work.

Dude, they weren't members, u say they are because of an AP story, I say they're not because of an ABC news story quoting the people who run the party, SAYING THEY WEREN'T......which means it could all be bullshit. So stop jumping
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
what has been proven true 240?

It has been proven without a doubt that her husband was registered from 1995 to 2002 in the party whose leader sayid horrible things about american, and among the party's goals was to secede from USA.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080902/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin_politics

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's husband, Todd, twice registered as a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a fierce states' rights group that wants to turn all federal lands in Alaska back to the state.   Gail Fenumiai, director of the Alaska Division of Elections, said Todd Palin twice registered under the Alaskan Independence Party — in 1995 and 2000.