Author Topic: Were the cops wrong for this?  (Read 5251 times)

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Were the cops wrong for this?
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Were the cops wrong for this?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »
Nope.

But they should have tagged that mouthy camera-negro for inciting or something.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »

Only had to watch to 00:52, abso-fucking-lutely.
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »
We're they wrong? I can't believe that's even a question.

THIS shit burns my balls. Unbelievable behavior.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 07:48:19 PM »
We're they wrong? I can't believe that's even a question.

THIS shit burns my balls. Unbelievable behavior.

Ya, the best thing for the guy to do would have been to turn the camera off and go away. Just trying to agitate up a riot...

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
Ya, the best thing for the guy to do would have been to turn the camera off and go away. Just trying to agitate up a riot...
Does that honestly surprise you?
Squishy face retard

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »
She had a fucking knife!!  What should have happened?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »
Nope.

But they should have tagged that mouthy camera-negro for inciting or something.
I agree, they probably made it worse.  They should have been ticketed for obstruction or some shit.  As far as the lady with the knife, give me a break.  Looks like her top speed is about 7 steps per hour.  The cop was never in any danger and should have just kept some distance and talked her into dropping the knife.  No need to slam great grandma to the ground ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 11:03:09 PM »
filming it is good, getting up in the situation with the camera and talking shit probably just made it worse.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 11:06:59 PM »
She had a fucking knife!!  What should have happened?
LOL, uh, the cop probably had a better chance of being hit in the head by a meteor than being struck with a knife from an elderly woman who walks slower than a turtle.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 11:07:29 PM »
I agree, they probably made it worse.  They should have been ticketed for obstruction or some shit.  As far as the lady with the knife, give me a break.  Looks like her top speed is about 7 steps per hour.  The cop was never in any danger and should have just kept some distance and talked her into dropping the knife.  No need to slam great grandma to the ground ::)
LOL but were they within the law to do so? was it necessary? not really at least not at that point but from a police officers perspective better to not let the situation escalate then let it and have to deal with the consequences. I totally understand why she did what she did if she would have waited and perhaps had to taser the old lady a bunch of ppl would be bitching about that as well. Police officers a tough job and getting tougher by the day especially when you have ppl like jag and her kind out here blaming the cops for everything.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 11:24:22 PM »
LOL but were they within the law to do so? was it necessary? not really at least not at that point but from a police officers perspective better to not let the situation escalate then let it and have to deal with the consequences. I totally understand why she did what she did if she would have waited and perhaps had to teaser the old lady a bunch of Pol would be bitching about that as well. Police officers a tough job and getting tougher by the day especially when you have Pol like jag and her kind out here blaming the cops for everything.
oh the lady had a knife.  What they did is OK on paper.  But really, WTF?  How about some level of accessing the situation.  Way stupid course of action in this case.  The way the cop handled it, could have made it worse.  Had one of the people in the crowd been armed, seeing it go down like that, it could have escalated.  Clearly the cop should have seen that the chance of actually being harmed by an elderly woman who can hardly walk must be as close to zero as it gets.  If they would have just talked to the lady nicely and kept some distance, the situation would have ended without doing anything.  Looking at the lady, I'd say she had another 5 minutes before she couldn't stand and just wanted to go watch TV at the retirement home lol...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 11:35:33 PM »
oh the lady had a knife.  What they did is OK on paper.  But really, WTF?  How about some level of accessing the situation.  Way stupid course of action in this case.  The way the cop handled it, could have made it worse.  Had one of the people in the crowd been armed, seeing it go down like that, it could have escalated.  Clearly the cop should have seen that the chance of actually being harmed by an elderly woman who can hardly walk must be as close to zero as it gets.  If they would have just talked to the lady nicely and kept some distance, the situation would have ended without doing anything.  Looking at the lady, I'd say she had another 5 minutes before she couldn't stand and just wanted to go watch TV at the retirement home lol...
LOL pretty much agree, give her enough time and she would probably forget why she was even holding the knife.

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 12:12:33 AM »
oh the lady had a knife.  What they did is OK on paper.  But really, WTF?  How about some level of accessing the situation.  Way stupid course of action in this case.  The way the cop handled it, could have made it worse.  Had one of the people in the crowd been armed, seeing it go down like that, it could have escalated. 

I would not have slammed an old lady on the ground and I also agree that it could have escalated the situation however I wasn't the one in that situation.  I doubt the cop meant to slam grandma like she did but she was well within the law to use force to control her.  Anyone with a knife, intending to use it on you, IS a threat.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 01:58:04 AM »
I would not have slammed an old lady on the ground and I also agree that it could have escalated the situation however I wasn't the one in that situation.  I doubt the cop meant to slam grandma like she did but she was well within the law to use force to control her.  Anyone with a knife, intending to use it on you, IS a threat.

Agreed... anyone intending to use a knife on you IS a threat,
...but do you really think she intended to use the knife on the cop?

I don't even think she knew which way was up. clearly there were a bunch of other people who walked right by her who clearly didn't see her as any threat. I understand the cop wanting to disarm her, ...but I just think she could have shown a little more patience before making the determination that she wasn't going to put it down, ...and I think she used just a little too much force doing it. I think she could have disarmed her without any risk to herself, passersby, ...or the old lady herself, ...it just might have taken longer.   :'(
w

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 02:37:16 AM »
Agreed... anyone intending to use a knife on you IS a threat,
...but do you really think she intended to use the knife on the cop?

I don't even think she knew which way was up. clearly there were a bunch of other people who walked right by her who clearly didn't see her as any threat. I understand the cop wanting to disarm her, ...but I just think she could have shown a little more patience before making the determination that she wasn't going to put it down, ...and I think she used just a little too much force doing it. I think she could have disarmed her without any risk to herself, passersby, ...or the old lady herself, ...it just might have taken longer.   :'(

Obviously the cop didn't consider her much of a threat either or she wouldn't have attempted to disarm her using a takedown. ::)    I've said that's not what I would have done, but I WASN'T THERE. 

A takedown is normally a "safe" way to get someone on the ground without hurting them seriously.  I really doubt the cop tried to hurt her, but unless the cop tells her side of the story, we don't know.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 02:49:19 AM »

She looked slightly more dangerous than Stephen Hawking with a knife :D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 07:14:04 AM »
LOL, uh, the cop probably had a better chance of being hit in the head by a meteor than being struck with a knife from an elderly woman who walks slower than a turtle.

LOL

Wonder why the cops were there or called there and why the guy was filming the old lady initially?  Why was the old lady holding a knife and why wouldn't she put it down when told to do so? 

It's sad the cop used so much force in disarming her and it's sad the old lady didn't just drop it in the first place.   I suppose it's possible she couldn't hear the cop that told her to put it down. 

R

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »
If the old lady was white, the cameraman would be laughing instead of trying to start a riot.

His issue with the situation had nothing to do with her age.

Big-C

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »
stupid ass monkeys

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »
It's funny how so many people just assume the old bag couldn't do any damage with a knife.  Really?  I wonder if it was a loved one, perhaps even your child, who was near this lady if you would just say "oh, she really isn't going to use it, or she can't do any damage..."

But, because it's a police officer, then she should just take the risk that ole granny-grunt isn't a real threat....

Do what the cop says....very simple....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 09:56:14 AM »
Only had to watch to 00:52, abso-fucking-lutely.

That was ridiculous.   This is what give cops a bad name.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 09:58:49 AM »
LOL pretty much agree, give her enough time and she would probably forget why she was even holding the knife.

LMAO.....Thats cold... ;D
What if she would have jumped out with some cat like reflexes and used that knife like "blade" the daywalker...You never know

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »
She looked slightly more dangerous than Stephen Hawking with a knife :D

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAH...

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 10:08:43 AM »
There are better ways to disarm her.  Gosh she was weak as a kitten.  Poor use of force. 
Abandon every hope...