Author Topic: Were the cops wrong for this?  (Read 5250 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Were the cops wrong for this?
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 10:12:06 AM »
There are better ways to disarm her.  Gosh she was weak as a kitten.  Poor use of force. 

Taser?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 10:22:53 AM »
There are better ways to disarm her.  Gosh she was weak as a kitten.  Poor use of force. 

These cops are really cowards and punks if they can disarm her with other means.  Unreal. 

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »
Ohio Cops Defend Slamming 84-Year-Old With Knife to Ground

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WHITEHALL, Ohio —  An Ohio police department says it has received scores of calls from around the country complaining about a YouTube video showing an officer taking an 84-year-old woman to the ground.

Police Chief Richard Zitzke in the Columbus suburb of Whitehall says the officer did what she had to do when the woman was seen holding a steak knife in a Walmart parking lot on Aug. 1. Police say the woman has Alzheimer's.

Zitzke says police have tried to explain their side to callers from as far as Texas and California.

Some have called the white officer a racist. The woman was black.

But Stan Brown of Columbus, the bystander who shot the video with his phone, says he believes no racism was involved. The 29-year-old black man says he now feels badly for the officer.
R

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 11:07:49 AM »

WHITEHALL, Ohio —  An Ohio police department says it has received scores of calls from around the country complaining about a YouTube video showing an officer taking an 84-year-old woman to the ground.

Police Chief Richard Zitzke in the Columbus suburb of Whitehall says the officer did what she had to do when the woman was seen holding a steak knife in a Walmart parking lot on Aug. 1. Police say the woman has Alzheimer's.

Zitzke says police have tried to explain their side to callers from as far as Texas and California.

But Stan Brown of Columbus, the bystander who shot the video with his phone, says he believes no racism was involved. The 29-year-old black man says he now feels badly for the officer.

Its not about race, its about power and control. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »
Good for Stan Brown. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 08:49:41 PM »

Obviously the cop didn't consider her much of a threat either or she wouldn't have attempted to disarm her using a takedown. ::)    I've said that's not what I would have done, but I WASN'T THERE. 

A takedown is normally a "safe" way to get someone on the ground without hurting them seriously.  I really doubt the cop tried to hurt her, but unless the cop tells her side of the story, we don't know.

I don't think the cop was trying to hurt her either. I just don't think she considered the fact that it was pavement.
Bones usually have a tendency to break when they hit pavement, ...as do skulls, as we can see.  :-\
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »

...but do you really think she intended to use the knife on the cop?

I don't even think she knew which way was up.

Looks like I nailed another one.
My astute assessments & observations never fail to succinctly identify what's really taking place.  ;D
w

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 09:18:19 PM »
My astute assessments & observations never fail to succinctly identify what's really taking place.  ;D

yeah they never fail ;)

AARRRGH!!!

I can't believe I actually clicked on that link.  :-[

Do you mean he was kidding, ...or that he was lying... deliberately posting false inflammatory information?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
yeah they never fail ;)

Boonasty, ...my moments of self-aggrandizement are not appropriate times to be introducing the truth.  :D
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »

it was bad judgement by the officer.  Of course the department can justify what the officer did.  Doesn't make the officers choice the best choice.  It was the worst choice.  Well I guess they could have shot her so not the worst but close.  You can't really tell so easy if it was racist.  The only way to know that is to see if she would have done the same thing to a lady that looked like her great grandmother and we can't do that.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 11:52:30 PM »
Amazing, racism!! racism!! racism!!!

Police brutality is color blind!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

meltdown  ;D
S

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »
i would have punched her in the face...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 10:06:12 AM »

"Looks like I nailed another one.
My astute assessments & observations never fail to succinctly identify what's really taking place."

I'm not sure you should punch her in the face for saying that. That's a little much...   ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
simply b/c she had alzheimers doesnt mean she wouldnt have slashed or stabbed at the officer...to the contrary she may have been extremely confused and lashed out in frustration.

I dont agree with how it was handled but I dont disagree with it either, nothing to see here folks more ppl making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 10:52:13 AM »
Yes.

Getting attacked and cut with a knife is only dangerous if they MEAN to do it.

If they are crazy.... don't worry about it.   ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »
Im saying..a broad with a knife...i dont care if you 12 or 82...im takin a muther fucker down

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 01:45:07 PM »
Im saying..a broad with a knife...i dont care if you 12 or 82...im takin a muther fucker down
hahahaha i get this mental image of mal creating a crater in an old ladies face  ;D i dont know why that makes me smile hahahah im a sick bastard i guess.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 04:31:46 AM »
hahahaha i get this mental image of mal creating a crater in an old ladies face  ;D i dont know why that makes me smile hahahah im a sick bastard i guess.

Recognizing you're a sick bastard is always the first step isn't it?   ;)
w

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2009, 05:05:37 PM »

i see it like this...everyone on here can cry about it and bitch and moan...but i dont give a shit...knifes do damage and that old broad could have just wildly swung and hit the major vessel in the neck or shit even the bicep has a pretty major vessel...fuck takin chances,,,,im throwin my baton at that broads face....ask questions later

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »

Definitely excessive IMO.  Really unnecessary.  My kid could have disarmed that old lady.  Looked like a cop fresh out of the police academy.   :-\

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »
proper use of force IMO, she had a knife and was told several times to drop it.  You would be amazed how dandergous a little knife or unassuming person can be.  The people around them and the camara guy agitated the situation and clearly wanted to throw out racist crap. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 01:44:46 AM »
proper use of force IMO, she had a knife and was told several times to drop it.  You would be amazed how dandergous a little knife or unassuming person can be.  The people around them and the camara guy agitated the situation and clearly wanted to throw out racist crap. 

WTF are you talking about? Tell me where in that clip does this guy throw in racist crap?
not once does he mention race AT ALL!  >:(  He talks about police brutality, he emphasizes her age alot,
...but not once does he say anything about the police doing this to her because of her race.

I dare you to show me at what point he mentions race.
Put up or shut up...and stop reading racial complaints where there are none!  >:(
w