Author Topic: Animal Pump/Caffeine  (Read 3390 times)

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Animal Pump/Caffeine
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:55:23 AM »
I decided to try something different and picked up a can of Animal Pump. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I impressed with the product. In sort terms, I've very satisfied.

I was checking out the ingredients the other day and saw that it contains caffeine. I was kinda bummed (and naive) about this, because I don't drink coffee and drink little soda, so I dont get a lot of caffeine intake. The pump also has theobromine theophylline, which I'm not familiar with.

I went on the Animal website and read that the PUMP contains about 200 mg of caffeine, or roughly 2 strong cups of coffee.

I usually lift at 5:00 AM, and I have noticed a tremendous amount of get up and go in the morning, as well as being fully energized all day. No crashes.

I'm not sure what to do. I know Caffeine is bad for you, but I like the results.

Can I get some opinions about caffeine and lifting? What would you do?

Pete

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Animal Pump/Caffeine
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:00:49 AM »
caffeine is not bad for you ::)

its has many very healthy properties. theobromine and theophylline and purine alkaloids just like caffeine and have similar effects.

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:16:14 AM »
I don't understand. How is caffeine not bad for you? It's addictive.

I've used animal pump for about 10 days now, and I did not take the red pill (energy) and I can definitely feel a difference today. much more sluggish.

After 30 days of using, I'll be a mess if I try and get off it (I'm afraid).

I'm really bummed and unsure what to do...I really enjoy the product.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »
I don't understand. How is caffeine not bad for you? It's addictive.

I've used animal pump for about 10 days now, and I did not take the red pill (energy) and I can definitely feel a difference today. much more sluggish.

After 30 days of using, I'll be a mess if I try and get off it (I'm afraid).

I'm really bummed and unsure what to do...I really enjoy the product.

vitamin c is addictive also, that doesnt make it bad.

caffeine has shown neuroprotective effects, reduction in alzheimers, cancer, parkinsons etc.. it reduces many cognitive defecits.

its benefits far outweigh the risks. HOWEVER, if its anxiogenic for you (stress inducing) then the ratio flips the other way as increased stress is implicated in all disease. you need to think about this yourself, caffeine does have many beneficial properties.

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:48:05 AM »
 Yeah, it's a tough one. Do you supplement with caffeine?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »
Yeah, it's a tough one. Do you supplement with caffeine?

NO. i cant tolerate it, it gives me upset stomach and anxiety.

i use too, but under all the stress from school i seem to be hypersensitive.

a cup or two a day is healthy imo from a protective standpoint.

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »
I guess my problem is that I've always been a "natural" lifter. I've always believed that if your going to take a supplement, it should be healthy for you. Although the caffeine makes a difference when I lift( i am much more energized), I can't help but think about the fact that if I stop using it, I will have withdrawl symptoms, and feel tired. I also worry about building a tolerence and then needing more and more.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »
I guess my problem is that I've always been a "natural" lifter. I've always believed that if your going to take a supplement, it should be healthy for you. Although the caffeine makes a difference when I lift( i am much more energized), I can't help but think about the fact that if I stop using it, I will have withdrawl symptoms, and feel tired. I also worry about building a tolerence and then needing more and more.
you know...if you stop eating youll have withdrawl symptoms! AND feel tired!   and if you eat, youill need to eat more, and more, and more..it will never stop untill the day you die!!

better quit eating before you become adddicted.

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »
yeah yeah yeah  ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »
yeah yeah yeah  ::)
hey if you want to be a natural lifter, you had better quit eating that damn protein!

you start eating protein and you gain muscle, but once you start gaining muscle while eating protein, youll ALWAYS have to eat protein in order to gain muscle...AND even worse, if you stop eating protein all together, youll lose ALL of your gains!!

quit eating that protein, you CHEATER!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »
hey guys...i heard pvn relies on water while hes working out....and he claims "natural" status... ::) ::)

this guy is a joke and everything that is wrong with bodybuilding today.   all  supplements and food and water.

fucking lazy cheating bastard

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 03:54:14 PM »
candidate is comparing coffee to food.

its like comparing breathing in nitric oxide to oxygen. one is needed to live the other for a boost.

how stupid are you?

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:05:08 PM »
I could be wrong but I think he may be being sarcastic. I don't think he really thinks I'm a lazy, cheating bastard. I mean I am a bastard, just not a lazy cheating one.

I guess I get his point, kinda, but the comparison of caffeine to something simple as food and water is silly.

Again, I think he's attempting sarcasm that is kinda hard to determine through reading.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 04:11:23 PM »
lazy schmuck relying on food and water for making his gains, yet still claiming "natural status"...

jeeeshh...

people these days, i tell ya'//

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
Ha ha, ok yep he's being sarcastic.

Ya tricky bastard ya! ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 04:18:19 PM »
Ha ha, ok yep he's being sarcastic.

Ya tricky bastard ya! ;D
  ;D

do you get the point i was trying to make though?

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
Yeah, I did. How about you? Do you use caffeine at all? What's your take on it?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
Yeah, I did. How about you? Do you use caffeine at all? What's your take on it?
[/quoteyeah i do.
you are right that it can be addicting. for a little whie, i used it on a daily basis several times a day.
now, i use it only on training days and only once one hour before i workout.
one 200mg tablet works just fine.

pvn100

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 05:47:45 PM »
Yeah, I gotta be honest with ya...What a freaking boost it gives me, especially cause I lift at 5am, and then I work from 6a to 6p. Thats a long day. I love it.

Anyway thanks both of you guys for your responses...even if Candi busted my balls a bit ;D

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 07:10:13 PM »
 Yeah you better get off that stuff stat, i mean 200mg of caffeine- you'll be dead in a week  ::)

naturalguy

• Getbig II
  • animalpak.com
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 08:50:17 AM »
I decided to try something different and picked up a can of Animal Pump. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I impressed with the product. In sort terms, I've very satisfied.

I was checking out the ingredients the other day and saw that it contains caffeine. I was kinda bummed (and naive) about this, because I don't drink coffee and drink little soda, so I dont get a lot of caffeine intake. The pump also has theobromine theophylline, which I'm not familiar with.

I went on the Animal website and read that the PUMP contains about 200 mg of caffeine, or roughly 2 strong cups of coffee.

I usually lift at 5:00 AM, and I have noticed a tremendous amount of get up and go in the morning, as well as being fully energized all day. No crashes.

I'm not sure what to do. I know Caffeine is bad for you, but I like the results.

Can I get some opinions about caffeine and lifting? What would you do?

Pete

I use Animal Pump before every workout however I leave out the red pill most of the time and only take it on days where I need a boost. It's not harmful to take caffeine daily however your body does get used to stims easily and they don't have the same effect after a while.

The nice thing about Animal Pump is the option to take the stims or leave it out, you don't have that option with other products.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 09:24:22 AM »
there are other stimulants you could try that would have a positive effect on your training.

alcar, tyrosine at high doses

i particularly like tyrosine for the mood benefits wrt increased dopamine and norepi. it increases through the rate limiting step so saturation is easily reached unlike ephedra.