Author Topic: New Ronnie Coleman interview  (Read 5370 times)

bb.comscribe

• Getbig II
  • Photo taken in 2006 - 5 percent body fat
New Ronnie Coleman interview
« on: April 13, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »
Here is a recent interview with the awesome Ronnie Coleman. Seems he is still motivated to climb back to the top of the bodybuilding world.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ronnie_coleman_interview.htm

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
Re: New Ronnie Coleman interview
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »
Hopefully he won't compete.  Why risk looking like shit and ruining his legendary name?

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:04:36 PM »
didnt the europe shows get cancelled or some shit like that???

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »
a written interview?

reading's for chumps

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »
This thread will turn into another ND vs. Hulkster "truce" thread.  I called it first :)

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »
This thread will turn into another ND vs. Hulkster "truce" thread.  I called it first :)
bobs check out my Flex cover of Nasser from april 1997
do you have this?

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 03:33:48 PM »

Somewhere in a parallel universe, Dorian Yates and Ronnie Coleman are arguing over who 'owns' the best, Hulkster or ND

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »
Here is a recent interview with the awesome Ronnie Coleman. Seems he is still motivated to climb back to the top of the bodybuilding world.

Thanks... you spared us having to listen to Dan and Bob interview him.
Enjoy your dish...

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 03:49:50 PM »
Yes, isn't that shot simply incredible?   :o
he looks awesome in the shots in the article
i remember bein 17 when i got this mag and wondering when i was going to get that big hahaha

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »
Excellent article, interesting read.  8)

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 07:42:46 PM »

You are the one who turned it into a nasser loving thread, so what's the difference.??? ???

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 08:38:43 PM »
he looks awesome in the shots in the article
i remember bein 17 when i got this mag and wondering when i was going to get that big hahaha

so have you achieved your dream ;D

if possible plz scan the whole article and and post it here :) nasser's old articles in flex were always great..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 08:40:01 PM »

it was going to be so till you wrote this.. now they wont do it only to make you wrong ;D

Big_Gunzzzz

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 08:48:04 PM »

I think the best thing Ronnie could hope for would be to enter a show with a relatively weaker lineup like the upcoming Europa, compete in it and win it, and retire on top in the sense that his last show was a pro show win.  I think it is quite possible he could win a pro show if none of the top 3-5 from the Olympia compete in it.  He is still easily top 10 in the world.

See: Vince Taylor in 2006 and 2007 to prove high placings can still be had at an advanced age.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »
I think the best thing Ronnie could hope for would be to enter a show with a relatively weaker lineup like the upcoming Europa, compete in it and win it, and retire on top in the sense that his last show was a pro show win.  I think it is quite possible he could win a pro show if none of the top 3-5 from the Olympia compete in it.  He is still easily top 10 in the world.

See: Vince Taylor in 2006 and 2007 to prove high placings can still be had at an advanced age.

but this won't prove anything or make any difference.. after winning 8 olympias who cares if he wins a much smaller contest over 2nd level pros!!.. 

most of ronnie’s fans don’t want him to compete again, I too believe it’s better for him not to compete again.. if he was injury free I am sure he would still be able to win the Olympia even at his age but the problem is he has more than one clear injured part!!.. if he does it and compete again I hope he presents a decent shape or else everybody will feel bad for him..

taylor is a different case, Yes he is great but never won any Olympia so he can do whatever he wants to please himself and his fans ss long as he can present a decent shape for his age..

Big_Gunzzzz

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »
but this won't prove anything or make any difference.. after winning 8 olympias who cares if he wins a much smaller contest over 2nd level pros!!.. 

most of ronnie’s fans don’t want him to compete again, I too believe it’s better for him not to compete again.. if he was injury free I am sure he would still be able to win the Olympia even at his age but the problem is he has more than one clear injured part!!.. if he does it and compete again I hope he presents a decent shape or else everybody will feel bad for him..

taylor is a different case, Yes he is great but never won any Olympia so he can do whatever he wants to please himself and his fans ss long as he can present a decent shape for his age..

Good point!

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »
so have you achieved your dream ;D

if possible plz scan the whole article and and post it here :) nasser's old articles in flex were always great..
baaahahaha not even close hahahaha
but ill scan the article and post it here tomorrow,it just pics of him posing and some of his words

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 11:03:18 PM »
baaahahaha not even close hahahaha
but ill scan the article and post it here tomorrow,it just pics of him posing and some of his words

many thx bro. i really appreciate this!!..

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 08:31:52 AM »
You are the one who turned it into a nasser loving thread, so what's the difference.??? ???

Amnd how did I turn it into a Nasser thread, please explain?   ::)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »
bobs check out my Flex cover of Nasser from april 1997
do you have this?

looks really pissed.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 08:34:41 AM »
it was going to be so till you wrote this.. now they wont do it only to make you wrong ;D

haha, maybe, but guaranteed they will use some particulars from the article in their ongoing debates as there was some new insight, like Ronnie saying his best performance was at the 98 Olympia (like ND would argue, while Hulkster would argue 99), and he didn't explicitly admit that he feels he would beat Dorian Yates at his best, but he did imply it one response by saying he (Ronnie) took it to another era,  but was also modest in saying that he feels he would have had to have beaten Dorian during his era to be fair.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »
haha, maybe, but guaranteed they will use some particulars from the article in their ongoing debates as there was some new insight, like Ronnie saying his best performance was at the 98 Olympia (like ND would argue, while Hulkster would argue 99), and he didn't explicitly admit that he feels he would beat Dorian Yates at his best, but he did imply it one response by saying he (Ronnie) took it to another era,  but was also modest in saying that he feels he would have had to have beaten Dorian during his era to be fair.
hypocrisy at it's finest.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 08:40:59 AM »
looks really pissed.

what you can't see is Nasser is poking pins into a Dorian voodoo doll as Yates is being interviewed, surrounded by gorgeous fitness models and fans, following another clear cut victory over the filthy mongrel Nasser.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Hulkster! Did you read what Ronnie said in his recent interview?!
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »
He said that the 98 Mr. Olympia was by far his best performance.  How do you feel about this?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Hulkster! Did you read what Ronnie said in his recent interview?!
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 08:47:50 AM »
He said that the 98 Mr. Olympia was by far his best performance.  How do you feel about this?

his own hero hurt his feelings.  ;D