Author Topic: obama - a let down once again  (Read 3832 times)

nodeal

• Getbig III
obama - a let down once again
« on: March 26, 2009, 08:30:46 PM »

when will we elect a president that doesn't = a tool?

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Re: obama - a let down once again
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:56:36 PM »
He's no Bill Clinton, ain't no doubt about it.
\

Big Bro

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:34:27 PM »
Why is everyone laughing?  :-[

Big_Gunzzzz

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:46:38 PM »
When drugs are illegal, the cartels can charge more.  They are the ones who want drugs to be illegal the most.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »

I bet most of the f*cking retards in the audience who were laughing at the suggestion / question like it was the most preposterous thing ever, are the kind who shake their heads and laugh about it while having a drink or two ::) And Yes, President Obama wasn't doing himself a favor by treating the question like it was a joke, when it's a perfectly legitimate and serious issue.

The fact that a lot of people asked the question shows that most of them understand that declaring Marijuana, which is a naturally occurring substance / product as a "drug", the possession, distribution and consumption of which is against the law, makes no sense when Alcohol and tobacco are both legally available everywhere and in as much quantity as an adult wishing to buy them requires.

That is of course, aside from the fact that the damn government has no business dictating what it's citizens can and cannot consume. You can bet that the morons in the audience who laughed at the issue like it was a ludicrous one would have done the exact same thing if the question was about legalizing alcohol consumption in an alternate or parallel universe where the government just as randomly declared that Marijuana consumption was perfectly legal while that of alcohol wasn't.

Good to know there are that many pot smokers, lol!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
I bet most of the f*cking retards in the audience who were laughing at the suggestion / question like it was the most preposterous thing ever, are the kind who shake their heads and laugh about it while having a drink or two ::) And Yes, President Obama wasn't doing himself a favor by treating the question like it was a joke, when it's a perfectly legitimate and serious issue.

The fact that a lot of people asked the question shows that most of them understand that declaring Marijuana, which is a naturally occurring substance / product as a "drug", the possession, distribution and consumption of which is against the law, makes no sense when Alcohol and tobacco are both legally available everywhere and in as much quantity as an adult wishing to buy them requires.

That is of course, aside from the fact that the damn government has no business dictating what it's citizens can and cannot consume. You can bet that the morons in the audience who laughed at the issue like it was a ludicrous one would have done the exact same thing if the question was about legalizing alcohol consumption in an alternate or parallel universe where the government just as randomly declared that Marijuana consumption was perfectly legal while that of alcohol wasn't.

Are you somehow suggesting that government people are under the direct influence of strong hallucinogens, that there is no other explanation for their stupidity?
from incomplete data

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:03:43 PM »
Are you somehow suggesting that government people are under the direct influence of strong hallucinogens, that there is no other explanation for their stupidity?

No, I'm saying most of them are dumber than Vince Cumdrum when he tells himself, "This will show them - let's see what they have to say now. Chuckle" as he prepares to post his latest pics to back up his claim that he's going to win some upcoming contest he's competing in :-\

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:04:06 PM »
Obama won't get as much kickbacks from the drug companies is marijuana is legalized.
before the banned the best companies making roids were American, Maybe they can make some great pot?
A

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
No, I'm saying most of them are dumber than Vince Cumdrum when he tells himself, "This will show them - let's see what they have to say now. Chuckle" as he prepares to post his latest pics to back up his claim that he's going to win some upcoming contest he's competing in :-\

A sad state of affairs for sure.
from incomplete data

Big_Gunzzzz

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »

Elect?  I think you mean SELECT, and it's not us doing it.  :-X

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 07:09:35 AM »
MOST pot users I know are filthy, slow talking, lazy individuals.
America is already lazy, why make people lazier than they already are.

For the most part, pot is legal (misdomeanor), unless you get caught with a pickup truck
ful of the stuff.
Most are all show no go!

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 07:30:48 AM »

I think that you didn't understand the question ,Kiwiol.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »
i'll quote something someone said a few days ago somewhere on here...

Bush made such a fucking mess of things that America elected a black prez with the middle name Hussaein!!
carpe` vaginum!

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 07:50:09 AM »
I'd much rather be considered a consumer than a criminal. I'd be happy to continue smoking weed knowing that it stimulates the economy. It wouldn't? Bullshit! There could be marijuana dispensaries in every state. That's plenty of money right there.
~

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »
I'd much rather be considered a consumer than a criminal. I'd be happy to continue smoking weed knowing that it stimulates the economy. It wouldn't? Bullshit! There could be marijuana dispensaries in every state. That's plenty of money right there.
long time no see...'figgs' ...

me personally, i would welcome it but as of right now... i see my dude for that chronic, get about an oz. keep half of it or a little less for myself and sell the rest to friends who can get the quality i get or cant afford the whole oz. So in total i end up smoking for free.
L

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
I think that you didn't understand the question ,Kiwiol.

Oh, I know they were talking more about the possible impact of Marijuana's legalization on the current bleak economy than about the legalization itself - I was just commenting on the way Obama and the audience were acting just because of the mention of the word 'Marijuana' - like it's so inconceivable to take it seriously.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
Oh, I know they were talking more about the possible impact of Marijuana's legalization on the current bleak economy than about the legalization itself - I was just commenting on the way Obama and the audience were acting just because of the mention of the word 'Marijuana' - like it's so inconceivable to take it seriously.
With the economy the way it is, it is. Wait for another boom and people will soften again. Legalization of pot is the best worst thing that can be done in the drug war. Only a matter of time.

James

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 10:07:28 AM »

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »
marijuana raises estrogen levels, fuck that shit.

body88

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »
You have two types of people:

240 or bust types - Thinks Obama can do no wrong....makes excuses for Obama - totally biased and ridiculous.

Coach types - Thinks Obama can do no right....cuts down anything positive that Obama does - totally biased and ridiculous.

Sadly thats how most people are, also.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 10:17:07 AM »
You have two types of people:

240 or bust types - Thinks Obama can do no wrong....makes excuses for Obama - totally biased and ridiculous.

Coach types - Thinks Obama can do no right....cuts down anything positive that Obama does - totally biased and ridiculous.

Sadly thats how most people are, also.

this week, i've cracked jokes about obama taking 90% of the weight on my leg press, and discussed the problems with obama keeping bush's policies - articularly the pat act - in place. 

Obama is by no means perfect, but he's a better solution at this point in time than '100 years of war mccain' and 'holy war' palin. 

Would I like to see a very smart republican emerge in 2012 and help to raise the game so that whoever wins in 2012, the nation will be stronger?  of course.  Do I hate welfare and criminals, yes I do.  I'm very much against legalization and feel people who dive under the iinfluence should be kneecapped on the scene after failing the breathalizer.

I voted libertarian in 2008, and repub in 2000 and 2004.

body88

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »
this week, i've cracked jokes about obama taking 90% of the weight on my leg press, and discussed the problems with obama keeping bush's policies - articularly the pat act - in place. 

Obama is by no means perfect, but he's a better solution at this point in time than '100 years of war mccain' and 'holy war' palin. 

Would I like to see a very smart republican emerge in 2012 and help to raise the game so that whoever wins in 2012, the nation will be stronger?  of course.  Do I hate welfare and criminals, yes I do.  I'm very much against legalization and feel people who dive under the iinfluence should be kneecapped on the scene after failing the breathalizer.

No offense my man, as you know, I am just voicing my opinion, and by no means am I always right.  Imo - you are an Obama apologist and Coach is an Obama hater.  Typical repub and lib.  You are highly educated on Obama and his policies and I don't question you on that for a second.

You are both cool in my book, just calling it as I see it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 10:28:53 AM »
i'm a realist.  i understand the pendulum will swing.  8-12 years of repubs to build up national defense and shrink middle class.  Then 8-12 year of dem rule to rebuild middle class and fix things domestically.  it's how things have worked for the last 30 years.

The Coach

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »

Yesterday you asked my why I lied about Obama's stance on gay marriage.........why do you continually lie about those statments when you know full and well they we're taken out of context?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 10:44:07 AM »
I think its unfortunate the question was handled like a joke.  Its a legitimate question.  If marijuana was legalized and dealt with just like alcohol, there would be tax revenue, decreased criminal activity and less problems with mexican drug smuggling.  Schools would warn against marijuana use (particularly habitual use, which does foster laziness IMO) just like they warn against alcohol.  I think there are more reasons to look at legalization than against it.  No one can say pot is more medically harmful than alcohol.

Also don't believe its the gov's right to prevent its citizens from using a minimally harmful substance.  Just need to warn against habitual use, use by minors and use while operating a vehicle.   Its the same rules as with alcohol IMO.