Author Topic: Are gays offended when people call 'no homo' or do they take it as a compliment?  (Read 6792 times)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Yes, it's gay but no, it's not a sport.
and you should know better.

sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

physical exertion - check.  have you ever seen a pro bodybuilder walk across a stage?
skill - diet and drugs - check
individuals compete against each other - check
for entertainment - check

BTW, was it you that said ? :

I don't think so, but I've said many things on the internet in the last 20 years. (misc.fitness.weights reference!)

spinnis

Stavios is so sexy it hurts.

(no homo)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Bodybuilding is not a sport.

How many times do we have to cover this one thing?! >:(

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Bodybuilding is not a sport.

How many times do we have to cover this one thing?! >:(
what exactly about pro bodybuilding makes it sporting?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
I like me some latin pussy

http://projectvoyeur.com/contributions/view/?id=130124

And who cares what a homo thinks ffs  ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
wow that may be the most delusional statement I have ever heard. Thats like saying anyone who calls someone a homo is a homo

To you it is because you are still in the closet. 
A

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Are you?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

drkaje

• Getbig V
what exactly about pro bodybuilding makes it sporting?

It's essentially a pageant without lame questions on world peace or other silliness. :)

There's nothing wrong with the activity. Succeeding takes tons of work, dedication, conditioning, proper timing and genetics but they are judged on looks. No one, in their right mind, really feels making 1/4 turns and hitting mandatories is an athletic endeavor. :)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Nope
what is your website again?  ordering stuff from a closet case is boring

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
what is your website again?  ordering stuff from a closet case is boring

www.hardpoopsculptures.c om
G

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
Can we put the pseudo psychological notion of 'you're the opposite of what you say' to rest?

Adding (no homo) to a post is by large a reflection of being uncomfortable with homosexuality; the poster wants to prevent being associated with homosexuality.

For some reason men believe that if they have an opinion about another man's appearence that will automatically make them gay.
I can confidently say if a guy is handsome/pretty/attractive or not, we all have (socioculturally defined) views of beauty, both for men and women. Stating that you can't evaluate a man's looks 'cause that's not your thing' reeks of insecurity. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Can we put the pseudo psychological notion of 'you're the opposite of what you say' to rest?

Adding (no homo) to a post is by large a reflection of being uncomfortable with homosexuality; the poster wants to prevent being associated with homosexuality.

For some reason men believe that if they have an opinion about another man's appearence that will automatically make them gay.
I can confidently say if a guy is handsome/pretty/attractive or not, we all have (socioculturally defined) views of beauty, both for men and women. Stating that you can't evaluate a man's looks 'cause that's not your thing' reeks of insecurity. 

"I know you are, but what am I?" - Pee Wee Herman
G

drkaje

• Getbig V

That would make too much sense, SP.

It's doubtful most people really care. "No Homo" is just one of those on-line jokes people use. Remember; sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :)

People that worried about language are insecure.

If someone used ebonics during a post and added "not black" (or some other slang term :) ) it wouldn't bother me one bit. Giving someone  the power to decide you act, feel, or think by using words is a sign of mental weakness. Hell, someone that weak-minded should be too embarrassed to announce it in the first place, LOL!

This whole political correctness movement is stupid and people do not have a right to control what context others use a word in.

clued-up

• Getbig V
jesus, who gives a fuck?

clued-up

• Getbig V

lovely.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
"I know you are, but what am I?" - Pee Wee Herman

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32380134/ns/entertainment-access_hollywood/

Henry Fonda Theater is just down the street.  I'm so there.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

lovely.

I believe that a majority of GetBiggers with an opinion would *not* consider you a homo just because you said that a tranny was 'lovely'. 

That's the real beauty of progress...not that there's anything wrong with being gay, of course. ;)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
"i wanna make her lick the rapper,no homo"

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

ok Vince, if you say so, apparently everyone is in the closet   ::) ::)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
vince/tre--do "you people" get offended when someone calls "no negro"?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Most people use it as an excuse to say it because they are most likely in the closet.  Otherwise they wouldn't have to justify it with the "no homo" comment.
that is what you guys always say "everyone is gay to some extent".  ::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
that is what you guys always say "everyone is gay to some extent".  ::)

It's called 'projection'. Believing everyone else is gay helps people with no self-esteem feel better about themselves.

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
vince/tre--do "you people" get offended when someone calls "no negro"?

"No Negro" as opposed to "thief"?

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
no pickpockets use to be code for no negroes