Author Topic: The beautiful game  (Read 7363 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: The beautiful game
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »
I am with bench on this one. If I see one more soccer player rolling in agony grimacing like he was just disemboweled after someone stepped on his shoe laces I am going to barf.

Gayer than Duke players flopping on charge calls...

spinnis

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 06:36:59 AM »
Kun fotball  :D ;) (håndball jentene våres er da bedre enn deres  ???)

vem fan bryr sig om flickorna  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 06:37:59 AM »
I am with bench on this one. If I see one more soccer player rolling in agony grimacing like he was just disemboweled after someone stepped on his shoe laces I am going to barf.

thats the ref's fault. it wasn't like that "back in the day" then you PLAYED. now you throw yourself like a dummy.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »
thats the ref's fault. it wasn't like that "back in the day" then you PLAYED. now you throw yourself like a dummy.

Since it seems most fans/players hate it.....why do the refs "reward" the players who do it by calling penalties?  If they would just ignore it, it would go away.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 06:39:25 AM »
today is ridiculous really

spinnis

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:06 AM »
Since it seems most fans/players hate it.....why do the refs "reward" the players who do it by calling penalties?  If they would just ignore it, it would go away.

Its ruining the game. I love football but I still HATE that aspect and I think it ruining the game.

Replays and toughen the FUCK UP.

Now because of this they are Intentially taking the ball close to the goal and waiting for someone to touch them so they can just fucking throw themself it seems like. ....and it works.

TEsticles

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:49 AM »
excellent avatar xerxes.....scholes= the linchpin ..

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
In hockey they will penalize someone for "faking" it....perhaps if they had replay in soccer and did the same thing, it would help.  I think the perception of soccer being a "wussy" sport because of the flopping, is ONE thing that holds it back in the US.  Not the only thing, but one of the reasons.

spinnis

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 06:48:20 AM »
In hockey they will penalize someone for "faking" it....perhaps if they had replay in soccer and did the same thing, it would help.  I think the perception of soccer being a "wussy" sport because of the flopping, is ONE thing that holds it back in the US.  Not the only thing, but one of the reasons.

they do that in football also. Just not often..

apparently they seem allergic to replays.

Football doesnt need america since its the biggest sport in the world. But it would be nice to see it catch on there also, you guys did ok in the tournament so.
But yeah, some stuff needs to change.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 06:49:39 AM »
they do that in football also. Just not often..

apparently they seem allergic to replays.

;D

TEsticles

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 06:51:22 AM »
they do get penalized for faking it in soccer....but it has to be seen obvious by the ref......there is push for video replay but concern for prolonging the game well after the 90 mins........

spinnis

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »
Anyway I can assure you if you tried playing in the Championship (2nd level in England) or lower level leagues in the UK you would not think it was a sissy sport, after a few minutes you'd get the idea.  :D

Rough football can be dangerous. you can fuck someone knee up pretty easily of you wanted to etc.

And talking about england

;D

Vinnie would have raped ronaldo lol. not in skill but in...  ;D

Im just glad zlatan is a pretty tough guy and doesnt act like a pussy all the time

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 06:54:11 AM »
Soccer has always been slow with implementing technology, they want to stay true to the original format, goalline technology is being discussed now in FIFA, but video replays of controversial decisions will have to wait I guess  :-\.

Anyway I can assure you if you tried playing in the Championship (2nd level in England) or lower level leagues in the UK you would not think it was a sissy sport, after a few minutes you'd get the idea.  :D

haha, I couldn't even handle the running part, much less some twink slide-tackling into my knees.....I'd just have to throw hands and get ejected with some dignity.  The only part I would be good at is the post-match drinking.....and maybe an occasional riot.  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
haha, I couldn't even handle the running part, much less some twink slide-tackling into my knees.....I'd just have to throw hands and get ejected with some dignity.  The only part I would be good at is the post-match drinking.....and maybe an occasional riot.  ;D

same here. I couldnt keep my cool if some homo threw himself onto the ground and I got a card even though I didnt even touch him. Shit would hit the fan lol.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:45 AM »
same here. I couldnt keep my cool if some homo threw himself onto the ground and I got a card even though I didnt even touch him. Shit would hit the fan lol.

not sure how much basketball you watch, but the "flop" on offensive charges by defensive players to try to draw a charge are fairly common.  I was playing in a tourney once in Iceland and one of the local Icelandics must have watched on TV too much....he flopped at least 2 or 3 times and the local refs gave him the call.  Next time down the court I took the ball right at him, he anchored his feet and spread them wide......I lifted my knee into his nuts and just plowed over him......charge/foul on me, but he cut that bullshit out.....  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 07:02:29 AM »
Swedens goal. 00:20 is a CLASSIC.

Forgive the horrible audio. Zlatan used to have a crazy temper and NEVER passed the ball back in the day lol.

henke

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 07:05:01 AM »
;D Could be some twink, or could be Jaap Stam

haha, those were great.....course with his name I would be forced to "Jaap-slap" him...... ;D

spinnis

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 07:05:10 AM »
;D Could be some twink, or could be Jaap Stam

He pissed his fucking pants lol.
Thats what you get for using the "dobbar"  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 07:08:15 AM »
"VI ER BEST I VÄRDDEN VI ER BEST I VÄDDEN!!!"

epic brining up princess diana also lol ;D

che