Author Topic: DC Logg: Doggcrapp Training - is it all that it's cracked up to be?  (Read 37799 times)

Slick Vic

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
Re: DoggCrapp training - is it all that it's cracked up to be?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 06:28:33 AM »
i think it is. ive been doing it for 18 months now, and the results are great!
I'm stronger and bigger than i've ever been and i'm still progressing (only slowly, but steady though)
I think if you're an experienced lifter(at least 3 years) this is really a great program to follow.
A lot of info on training/diet is to be found on intensemuscle.com -> DOGGpound.
If you've got any question i can answer from own experience, let me know.
Hope this helps.

Peace
D

P.S. Lets try to keep this positive, no need for bashing the program if you haven't tried it.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 06:30:37 AM »
ok quick question, for a typical day of working out what do you think the total time in the gym is using this program?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 07:13:03 AM »
Bring negative comments as well, why not.

But base it on experience. Not through viewing others.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 08:06:08 AM »
It did nothing for me. I have kept the 'rest ten then go again' in my routine though!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 09:33:04 AM »
I tried it for about 3 months...it worked alright i guess but i personally didn't like it. i prefer Max-OT over DC any day.

8)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:53:52 PM »
that program relies too much on the Smith Machine for me, i've always gotten better results from more volume and free weights.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 02:12:50 AM »
I tried it for about 3 months...it worked alright i guess but i personally didn't like it. i prefer Max-OT over DC any day.

8)

absolutely.... I think DC is awesome for AAS users though

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 03:39:42 PM »
A typical training last about an hour or so, depending if you keep the pace up, which is pretty hard on leg day
BTW Sarcasm, DC training does not rely on (smith)machine exercises, but is sometimes recommended for safety reasons when training alone, because everything is taken to failure.

Peace
D

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 06:41:46 PM »
A typical training last about an hour or so, depending if you keep the pace up, which is pretty hard on leg day
BTW Sarcasm, DC training does not rely on (smith)machine exercises, but is sometimes recommended for safety reasons when training alone, because everything is taken to failure.

Peace
D
from what i understood from reading about the program is that all those guys do their pressing movements on the Smith so they can do the rest pause safely.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 07:04:08 PM »
Thats because they are pussies! Image the results you will get if you use free weights and keep progressing on those weights from workout to workout!
i officially declare that anyone who does DC Training is a p.ussy.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 06:44:23 AM »
I have heard of it but have no idea what exercises are done..anyone recommend where I can do some homework?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 04:23:59 AM »

isn't that what you call everyone who doesn't do DC training?    ;D

Slick Vic

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 07:30:18 AM »
I have heard of it but have no idea what exercises are done..anyone recommend where I can do some homework?
Right here at www.intensemuscle.com
Then go to DOGG POUND.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 06:41:11 AM »
i use it from time to time when i hit a plateau. i like the program a lot, but it takes an experienced lifter to get the most out of it. i also have no problems with the smith machine i think people are just too conscious about their image that they avoid the smith. it is a great piece of equipment with some huge advantages ( and disadvantages too ofcourse, but nothing is perfect).

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 12:39:24 PM »
I think this program is very effective if you follow it the right way.  I'm in the middle of a blast right now and it's pretty awsome to see the poundages keep going up and up.  I'm using mostly free weights right now since I have access to some pretty heavy dumbbells but by the time my blast is done I think I'll have to aske them to buy some heavier ones...dumbbells are a little harder to use because of the short rest-pauses and getting them back into position in time is a bitch but it can be done.

You can use the smith and alot of people do, it's practical especially if you work out alone, there is nothing wrong with using this peice of equipment..remember the saying "the ends justify the means"  doesn't matter to me if I use a smith or not, as long as I"m progressing.  Really does it matter...it's not like I'm going walk around the mall with a shirt on that says "yeah, I'm pretty big but I use a smith machine so I guess I'm really not"..

max ot is ok but it fucked up my joints, DC allows me to get in and out of the gym in a little under an hour and I move some pretty heavy weight so I get alot of time to recover..well the weight is heavy for me and I think if I went anymore than 3 times a week I'd overtrain on this program.

I officially declare someone that only comes on the internet to put other people down and has nothing positive to add to any conversation and has never bothered to post a pic or anything after bragging like a mother fucker a complete pussy.

i use it from time to time when i hit a plateau. i like the program a lot, but it takes an experienced lifter to get the most out of it. i also have no problems with the smith machine i think people are just too conscious about their image that they avoid the smith. it is a great piece of equipment with some huge advantages ( and disadvantages too ofcourse, but nothing is perfect).

excactly...I'd rather do a pressing movement where I can set the stops and go to failure with some heavy ass weight than try doing it free weight with no spotter.  Sometimes I can get one sometimes I can't, sometimes I workout at a rec center and all I have is old dudes and skinny ass teenagers and if you think for a second that I'm gonna trust one of them to spot me you're nuts.  I'd rather go into the gym and not have to worry about it.
nasser=piece of shit

brad_74

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 11:09:56 AM »
http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?s=590e9c846b6a8292143ef3777331ee72&t=16023

here is the link that has the creator of DC talking about it.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »
Max-Ot can be bad for your joints if you don't warm up correctly and don't do the assimilation sets. the whole point of Max-ot is to get in and out quickly and most of the workouts are 30-45 minutes if you do it right. one of the best protocols i've ever used prior to getting into powerlifting.

8)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 12:47:46 PM »
Max-Ot can be bad for your joints if you don't warm up correctly and don't do the assimilation sets. the whole point of Max-ot is to get in and out quickly and most of the workouts are 30-45 minutes if you do it right. one of the best protocols i've ever used prior to getting into powerlifting.

8)

max OT is a good program.  It's very well thought out and you can get pretty damn strong using it.  I used it for about a year.  I liked it.  The problem I had with it was I could not get to the gym 5 days in a row.  By about day 3 I was burnt.  I made some huge poundage gains.  My elbow started to hurt bad.  I eventually worked through it.  For the sake or time and trying something new I tried DC and I really liked it.  I did it hardcore from the begining of July to md August of 2004 and went from 193 to about 211.  I lived to eat protien and got strong as hell.  I actually ignored the cardio aspect of it so my gut got a little bit bigger.  I'm training really heavy now using DC and I could not be happier.  I can go about 3 weeks all out and then have to back off for about a week and go again.  I know it's not excactly the length of the recommended blast but this is what I'm finding works for me.  This is my first "real" blast since 2004 so it's pretty fun. 
nasser=piece of shit

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 04:15:30 PM »
Somebody make this sub board permanent and let's get on with the training!!!  DC training is more popular than ever and I don't care if it's a fad or not cause from what I can tell it's the shit. 

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 06:28:58 AM »
here's what I did yesterday:

Dumbbell Curl-65*11 RP
Hammer Curl-Left arm 60*22 RP
                  Right arm 60*24 RP  I did these one arm at a time.
Toe Press on a Leg Press-425*12
                                    Then after about 20 seconds I pumped out 30 partials, really small range of motion-not really a DC technique for calves but I started fooling around with this concept a few months ago and I love it so I'm doing it.
Leg Press-825*10
              405*21
Sumo Leg Press-415*12

I did a 20-30 second static on everything except calves and an extreme stretch on Bi's, quads and hamstrings.  Overall it was a pretty good workout.  I don't really like the leg press I had to use but I worked out at the local rec center and I had to use it.  it just does not feel right to me.  I did the hammers one arm at a time...I've been doing them like this for a couple of weeks and like it better than alternating.  I also switched my foot placement on my 20 repper on the leg press...I took a pretty narrow placement, trying to emphasize the outer quads and teardrop.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 06:41:41 PM »
Hey, here's what I did today...

flat dumbbell press-120*14 RP
seated DB press-90*15 RP
machine dip-220*17
Front pulldown-210*18
t-bar-190*4
         135*10

I had more problems getting the dB's into position for the DB pressing movements-no spotter.  Stretches after every movement, statics when I could do them.  The powerhouse I go to only goes up to the 130's so I'll outgrow them soon enough....
nasser=piece of shit

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 08:46:46 AM »

David Henry does DC training

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 06:35:52 AM »
Why are you doing two sets for you t-bar rows?? LOL looks like I know more than you about DC ;D

Go read this: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?s=9f3df9f98734bae17c21b811eaffe4ff&t=16023

actually if you want to believe you know more than me go ahead.  My original thickness workout was one set of 20, heaviest weight I could handle.  I posted this on intense muscle and got numerous responses that I might want to give this method a try.  1 superheavy set of about 4-6 reps and then 1 set at about 8-12, I posted this about 2 months ago but I think even Dante responded and said to give it a try so I did.  I think this method works better.  There are lots of aspects to DC training, it's not a cookie cutter routine and if it was I would never follow it, you have to be able or willing to try new things.  Right now I'm at a gym with equipment I have not had access to in years so I've worked them into my current blast to see what happens.  I used to do rack deads but I have alot of trouble with my lower back so I'm trying hammer rows, if they don't work it's not a big deal to cycle back in rack deads, I just get to give my low back a rest.  Another example might be the dumbbell presses that I'm doing for chest, I have not had DB's over 100lbs in about a year and a half...I'm not thrilled at the db's that they have 110,120 and 130 but I'm excited to give these a try for a blast.  I would rather have the poundages increase by 5 so the ideal situation is 110, 115, 120, 125 etc.  I'm having a little trouble making a 10 pound jump but what the hell, I enjoy the challenge. 

I'm kinda doing the same thing for legs using the widowmaker set for the first time....

I don't think there are 2 guys doing the exact same routine as far as sets, reps, excersises etc.  You kinda take the guide lines and run with it, when I've had problems I'll post a question over at IM and you usually can get good advice.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 06:55:11 AM »
I just checked your link out alexxx, I wouldn't take the IM interview as the be all end all.  Get your hands on the old Dog Logg if you can..you might have a hard time finding it but it's golden if you can get it.
nasser=piece of shit