Author Topic: CroCop to UFC?  (Read 2031 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
CroCop to UFC?
« on: December 07, 2006, 05:11:43 AM »
Stolen from someone on Sherdog.

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/borilac...imate,53530.jl

Translated BY: MN-CRO

Crocop considering offer from UFC

Mirko could 'throw away' PRIDES 'dres' in Sunday.

ZAGREB – the offer from american organization UFC exists, it's not about milions of dollars, final decission about continuing career will be known at Sunday. That's how cro ,master of mma Mirko answered to rummors that now for days are circling on internet forums, about him leaving PRIDE and coming to americam aremas.

Like every other fighter, I'm also on the market. UFC offer is financial a little better than PRIDE's one, but I still didn't decide to 'change dres'. Only thing I can say for sure is that I don't know if I'll fight in saitama arene on new year night, said Mirko and added that besides UFC offer he got one more offer from america.

Crocop didn't want to be precise which argument will prevail in his decission, but it will not be money. We can imagine that cro gladiator is 'sick of' or 'tired of' (or something like that) japanese rings and that he want to try something new. UFC offers a little weaker HW cometition, but has lot more of glamure, lights of Las Vegas, L.A. and fights in octagon, in which crocop doesn0t have expirience yet.

In background of Mirko9s decission will be brobably fact that PRIDE is for months in financial troubles. Main men of japanese organization lost big contract with TV and they don9t manage to get new one. Besides that, there are rummors that Fedor is leaving Pride too, and with his leaving, Mirko will lost one more motiv to continue fight for japanese organization.

First UFC event, at which Mirko could participate will be 3th of February in Las Vegas.
_______

Looks pretty interesting. I'm kind of surprised to see that PRIDE actually came in with a lower offer. Whether that's true or not, I don't know but it's still shocking. Can't say I'd like to see CC in the UFC, although it would be entertaining seeing Sylvia get wrecked in one round. PRIDE needs to get their act together.

Fury

• Getbig V
Re: CroCop to UFC?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 05:19:27 AM »
Apparently PRIDE just signed a gigantic new TV deal also. Looks like they aren't going anywhere. Their japanese website has a post about it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »
If you say his motivation is low to stay in Pride, what the hell would be his motivation in UFC?  Tim Silvia, have only seen a few of cro-cops fights, but he would knock Silvia out in less than 2 minutes, then who would be next?  He needs to stay in PRide with the real competition.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »
it would be interesting for a while but once he kills sylvia and maybe arlovski or whoever there will be no one left

I would prefer him to stay in pride where there are far more interesting matchups for him

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 08:17:09 AM »
it would be interesting for a while but once he kills sylvia and maybe arlovski or whoever there will be no one left

I would prefer him to stay in pride where there are far more interesting matchups for him

E

I pray that he stays in PRIDE. Him in the UFC would make the HW division even more boring. The guy could win a 2-on-1 probably.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 01:52:19 PM »
cro cop in ufc= complete domination. however it could force dana white to seek new talent for a challenge.
irongearco.com

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 02:32:21 PM »
cro cop in ufc= complete domination. however it could force dana white to seek new talent for a challenge.

Hopefully he will be the first of many to make their way to US shows.  I hate the delay on PPV.  He may still sign with Bodog as well.  He is quoted as saying another US promotion, and they are the only ones with the $.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »
the ufc has such a monopoly here in the us. more organazations can only benefit the pay for the fighters. so i hope bodog makes is big
irongearco.com

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »
Mark Hunt is better than Cro Cop. You can tell the guy barely even cares about diet and he still owns Cro Cop everytime. I hate to say it, but it's true. He's just not as marketable.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:40 PM »
Mark Hunt is better than Cro Cop. You can tell the guy barely even cares about diet and he still owns Cro Cop everytime. I hate to say it, but it's true. He's just not as marketable.

What are you talking about? Have you seen Hunt - Crocop in K1? You're also out of your world if you say that Hunt would beat CC after that OWGP, the guy could have beaten Fedor fighting like he did in the semi's and finals. In the Hunt fight he was also fighting with a broken left foot and didn't put the fight on the ground. I would put my life on CC in a rematch.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 08:31:21 PM »
I wasn't aware of the injury.

The fight I saw had a fat Mark Hunt chasing Cro around the ring. Cro didn't want to go toe to toe with him. It was obvious. Half the time Mark Hunt doesn't even block, unless you count a face block. He has a great chin.

Cro won a decision, despite Hunt being the aggressor throughout.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 08:47:04 PM »
I wasn't aware of the injury.

The fight I saw had a fat Mark Hunt chasing Cro around the ring. Cro didn't want to go toe to toe with him. It was obvious. Half the time Mark Hunt doesn't even block, unless you count a face block. He has a great chin.

Cro won a decision, despite Hunt being the aggressor throughout.

CC's always been a defensive fighter. I think if he had a foot that wasn't injured in the last fight with Hunt, he would have won it.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 05:08:08 AM »
give Hunt 2 more years and he wil be on top of his game, a real threat to anybody he fights. Right now, Cro Cop and Fedor are just to good for even him. Mirko seems to have found himself again after some lacklustre fights, ive never seen him more dominant or tuned into his ability. He has the best kicking ability in MMA, his left leg may as well be a scaffholding bar. If he came to the UFC, i honestly think that even Sylvia himself would aknowledge his reign would come to a swift end. There are no heavyweights to challenge him at the moment, never mind Cro Cop. If he fights Fedor again with that kind of form, it will be the hardest fight Fedor will ever have to take in his career IMO.

Truth be told, he has proven himself in Pride and he's far too good to go to UFC. The only thing he should be thinking about now is beating Fedor and maknig a successful defence of the title. After that, theres nothing else he can do to strengthen his legacy
Scouser on Tour