Author Topic: Best way to apply Androgel  (Read 20676 times)

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
Best way to apply Androgel
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »
I got a scrip for androgel (truely have low test from an underactive thyroid) and have been looking around the web and there are many conflicting view points. Anyone here have experience with this? The crazy thing is that I lift and I'm pretty strong - bench 300lb for 8 and my back is crazy strong - wheels well I can do 315 for a couple sets of 6-8 but beltless and after 3 sets of heavy ass leg presses (7 plates each side). What can I expect from this shyt?
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

shrek

• Getbig IV
Re: Best way to apply Androgel
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
from what i have gathered is to rub it on the skin between your balls and ass,,,, the kin is thin there and will absorb it faster making it readable for your testes

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:27:12 PM »
I've read the same, that it's best applied around the scrotum area because the skin is thin there, though if I were you I would ask your doc to switch you over to andriol gel caps,  40mg of test in a gel cap :)  great product and really has a bad rep because of some idiots.

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:07:49 AM »
thanks foor the replys - I getting the shyt tomarrow. Well see what happens.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:30:46 AM »
hell see if the doc will get you both.. but those androil caps are pricey as fuck are you on insurance

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:52:10 AM »
thanks foor the replys - I getting the shyt tomarrow. Well see what happens.

What were your test results to require this Rxd for you?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 04:46:54 AM »
I've read the same, that it's best applied around the scrotum area because the skin is thin there, though if I were you I would ask your doc to switch you over to andriol gel caps,  40mg of test in a gel cap :)  great product and really has a bad rep because of some idiots.

Scrotum application can give you 60% penetration IIRC (compared to 10% when applied to trunk for example). I wouldn't do it though for various reasons.

One could probably increase absorption on other sites too, like pre-treating with DMSO but I wouldn't do that either.

The sites with best penetration are apparently insides of elbow crease, top of feet, collarbone area etc - where the skin is thinner. This I would do.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 09:51:17 AM »
I got a scrip for androgel (truely have low test from an underactive thyroid) and have been looking around the web and there are many conflicting view points. Anyone here have experience with this? The crazy thing is that I lift and I'm pretty strong - bench 300lb for 8 and my back is crazy strong - wheels well I can do 315 for a couple sets of 6-8 but beltless and after 3 sets of heavy ass leg presses (7 plates each side). What can I expect from this shyt?

Tell you're dr your wife/gf seems to come in contact with it on you're body,
and you'd prefer to inject it.  go in weekly for a couple weeks, and then tell
the doc his $40 1 mg shots cost as much as a whole bottle of 200mg of cyp, and to write you a script.
Exactly what I did.
Most are all show no go!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »
Tell you're dr your wife/gf seems to come in contact with it on you're body,
and you'd prefer to inject it.  go in weekly for a couple weeks, and then tell
the doc his $40 1 mg shots cost as much as a whole bottle of 200mg of cyp, and to write you a script.
Exactly what I did.

Good idea the female contact thing.

dustin

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »
Tell them you've been rubbing it on your nuts and your woman is getting thick, dark chin hair. :o

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
Tell them you've been rubbing it on your nuts and your woman is getting thick, dark chin hair. :o

LOL!

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 09:26:42 AM »
What were your test results to require this Rxd for you?
Total test was 240, lower than my 66yro training partner (dad). I'm pretty strong, but fat - when I did lose weight a while back I had to do morning and evening cardio, took over doses of ECA (back in 01 when it was still legal) and went on a seriously restricked caloric diet. I dropped 45-55lb in about 3-4 months - but the shit came back with avengence. I'm to the point now where I will be satisfied with just taking off the fat suite and getting my labido ramped up. I'm 32yr and have really learned allot about my body - like I can really feel my test boost the next day after a leg routine and ZMA will make me feel good if I take it with trib thru out the day. Will start the androgel on Monday and have updates on strength and fat loss.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 09:31:01 AM »
Just showed this to wifey, we both feel out laughing, CLASSIC!! But no, after reading everything I'll stick with the upper chest and arms - I'll hit some resistance band curls, overhead presses and push-up 1st thing in the am before hitting and extremely hot shower -see if that helps.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

dustin

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
Just showed this to wifey, we both feel out laughing, CLASSIC!! But no, after reading everything I'll stick with the upper chest and arms - I'll hit some resistance band curls, overhead presses and push-up 1st thing in the am before hitting and extremely hot shower -see if that helps.

Heh, yeah.. you want to find a good place for application. I've heard of people using topical drugs on places like their feet because of contact with their S/O... I don't know if this was validated, but I've heard of women and even children growing hair because Testim/Androgels were rubbing off when cuddling with daddy! Could be truthful seeing as how it is topical, but I don't know if an appreciable amount is absorbed...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »
Total test was 240, lower than my 66yro training partner (dad). I'm pretty strong, but fat - when I did lose weight a while back I had to do morning and evening cardio, took over doses of ECA (back in 01 when it was still legal) and went on a seriously restricked caloric diet. I dropped 45-55lb in about 3-4 months - but the shit came back with avengence. I'm to the point now where I will be satisfied with just taking off the fat suite and getting my labido ramped up. I'm 32yr and have really learned allot about my body - like I can really feel my test boost the next day after a leg routine and ZMA will make me feel good if I take it with trib thru out the day. Will start the androgel on Monday and have updates on strength and fat loss.

Androgel is generally the first attempt at HRT in men before eventually moving up to the injects.  Just to establish a baseline of whether you are showing any response at all to the HRT route. 

If getting the injects is your overall goal, I would suggest using half of what the doc suggested.  On an EOD basis instead of ED.  That will show "some" improvement, however a very weak one and he will be more inclined to administer (or Rx) injections as the next phase.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »
Androgel is generally the first attempt at HRT in men before eventually moving up to the injects.  Just to establish a baseline of whether you are showing any response at all to the HRT route. 

If getting the injects is your overall goal, I would suggest using half of what the doc suggested.  On an EOD basis instead of ED.  That will show "some" improvement, however a very weak one and he will be more inclined to administer (or Rx) injections as the next phase.

I wouldn't touch the adrogel, and get the rx for inj.  Then you never can get busted for buying test cyp or decanoate.  Shit , you could walk across the border from mexico, show them you have an rx, and you can walk right across like I do.
Most are all show no go!