Author Topic: Dex was robbed !  (Read 6312 times)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
Re: Dex was robbed !
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2009, 08:55:57 AM »
Dexter or Kai should have won.  Just because Jay came in better than he has in the past 5 years shouldnt automatically give him the title. Dexter and Kai were still much more conditioned than Jay, although props to Jay anyways.

Anyways if you like big guts and big arms then yay jay is mr olympia.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2009, 10:18:02 AM »
This contest was not close bw 1 and 2---

See the Arnold Classic 2003 where Cutler dominated and I think Dex took 3rd or 4th ( not the year where cutler was overdepleted and was given a gift). The comparison then and the comparison now is almost identical. It wasn't close then and it wasn't close on Friday. 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »
great reference in a great thread by the greatest getbigger  ;D ;D

thank you my great friend, i'm sure huge nasser feels dexters pain, as he too has been by far the best man on stage but still been robbed.

jay won because he looked better than he's looked in years, not because he was the best man on stage - i'd argue mass wise branch is more dense, with better conditioning.

branch got 2nd because he was in great condition and had lots of mass.

dex looked as good as he always looks i.e. consistently great, with no gut, great lines, shape, conditioning, proportion - so the ifbb decide thats not good enough  ???

::) pathetic
175lbs by 31st July

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »
thank you my great friend, i'm sure huge nasser feels dexters pain, as he too has been by far the best man on stage but still been robbed.

jay won because he looked better than he's looked in years, not because he was the best man on stage - i'd argue mass wise branch is more dense, with better conditioning.

branch got 2nd because he was in great condition and had lots of mass.

dex looked as good as he always looks i.e. consistently great, with no gut, great lines, shape, conditioning, proportion - so the ifbb decide thats not good enough  ???

::) pathetic

Yes my friend, but you know, as kiwi mentioned here before dex. doesn’t have enough charisma to be mr. Olympia while jay to some extent has it, at least more than the other guys.. they want a more popular mr. Olympia to attract more fans and to sell everything more and more..

I personally don’t like jay’s physique because of its softness and because of the lack of symmetry between his right side and his left (his biceps and his quads),.. but still i don’t feel that bad when he won this year, we used to the fact that the biggest man was always the winner!!.. dorian was not the best in 94 but they gave him the title because of his size, same with Ronnie in 2000 or 2002!!.. at least jay came this time at his best or close to his best and didn’t steal another sandow as he had done in 2007.. from the first pic. everyone knew jay would win because he was clearly on and dex. never beat an on jay, may be he deserved to beat him but he never did so it was predictable he was not going to beat jay this time also!!..

branch's 2nd place is the real surprise of the show!..

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2009, 01:34:03 PM »
Yes my friend, but you know, as kiwi mentioned here before dex. doesn’t have enough charisma to be mr. Olympia while jay to some extent has it, at least more than the other guys.. they want a more popular mr. Olympia to attract more fans and to sell everything more and more..

I personally don’t like jay’s physique because of its softness and because of the lack of symmetry between his right side and his left (his biceps and his quads),.. but still i don’t feel that bad when he won this year, we used to the fact that the biggest man was always the winner!!.. dorian was not the best in 94 but they gave him the title because of his size, same with Ronnie in 2000 or 2002!!.. at least jay came this time at his best or close to his best and didn’t steal another sandow as he had done in 2007.. from the first pic. everyone knew jay would win because he was clearly on and dex. never beat an on jay, may be he deserved to beat him but he never did so it was predictable he was not going to beat jay this time also!!..

branch's 2nd place is the real surprise of the show!..

Arnold himself will say that he won more than one Olympia with his charisma...gave him the extra edge

Jay has some
Dex has none

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2009, 01:50:24 PM »
I dunno- I think they both have none

Jay sounds like a robot having a cucumber shoved up his ass and Dex is just a douchebag.

Bottom line is that Jay looked better- way better than he did a year ago, he is a former Mr. Olympia and Dexter came in with the same package as usual. If it was close a year ago and Dex eeked out a victory, then how can anyone dispute this years outcome?

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
I dunno- I think they both have none

Jay sounds like a robot having a cucumber shoved up his ass and Dex is just a douchebag.

Bottom line is that Jay looked better- way better than he did a year ago, he is a former Mr. Olympia and Dexter came in with the same package as usual. If it was close a year ago and Dex eeked out a victory, then how can anyone dispute this years outcome?

never heard either speak
however
I feel those with the supp co $$ would rather have Jay, due to his superior on-stage comportment

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »

Very true.  Also, I hate muslims and muslim sympathizers.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
Very true.  Also, I hate muslims and muslim sympathizers.

agreed
there is no allah
no 72 virgins

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »
We all have our own ideal physique but it should be no surprise Jay took the title.  He was huge, great condition, despite a wide waist did not have any gut bloating, and he still has a taper because his shoulders are ridiculous.

At the Olympia, the more massive guys are favored if they are in good condition.  Glad they moved away from the bloated guts.  James & Silvio had bloating and were penalyzed.  Branch and Jay were massive & nailed their condition without gut issues.  Thats pretty consistant judging.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2009, 05:46:33 PM »
 ;D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2009, 07:23:32 PM »
I come back here after a long break in the mountains of china, only to find that bodybuilding has once again threw away all credibility.

Tell me, how the jaw 'wide waist' gutler get 1st ahead of dexter? not to mention branch 'frankenstein' warren beating him too for that matter.

yes, jay improved his titanic like waterlogged condition of previous years, but it still wasn't anywhere near dexters level. Jay beats him on mass and height, nothing else. Also if you photoshopped dexter to jays height i guarentee that dex holds more mass per inch than jaw gutler. While still maintaining his slim waist, symetry, conditioning, seperation.  8)

However i can accept that if mass and height are classed as more important that all these other things by the judges ( which is not bodybuilding) then yes jaw gutler should have won over dexter.

Now onto branch  >:(

This guy is hard working, has tons of mass, a heart of a lion, a never say die attitude, and possibly the best conditioning of anyone around right now including dexter. What he does not have is arms, symetry, seperation, a pleasing physique or the title of best physique in the world. He has a torn right lat, his arms are horrendous, and his body parts have no flow, and despite his great conditioning. He looks like he is made from a collection of different peoples bodyparts.

QFT!

Jay won because he is better for marketing and the buisness of bodybuilding more than Dexter is. He came in improved but us seeing a STRIATION and a visible vein in Jay and we lose our minds and sing him praise. Let us not forget... he is still un-symmetrical and blocky. Dexter had the best physique that night.

Branch placing second is even a bigger joke. It is 100% OBVIOUS that Lee Thompson is set to take over the NPC or IFBB very soon.

During the Olympia commentary Ronny Rockell (2nd best physique on stage) walks out and they said it... they even said... if Ronny was more popular with the American fans and spoke better english he would place HIGHER. They said that word for word.

WTF does that have to do with anything?  See? Politics and buisness-marketing plans.

- Block!
?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2009, 08:01:13 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2009, 11:57:58 PM »
Arnold himself will say that he won more than one Olympia with his charisma...gave him the extra edge

Jay has some
Dex has none

I wouldn't describe Jay as being charismatic but in a sport that is becoming increasingly sleazy he's a breath of fresh air. No flair but just a decent hard working guy who conducts himself like a professional. I actually like that he promotes his sponsors because they pay him good money to represent them and I think he keeps that in mind. Remember when Muscle Tech put out those little video vignettes of Dex and Jay before last year's O? I thought they were cool and tried to humanize these muscle heads. I thought Jay, despite being charismatically challenged, tried to get into it. Put on a good show. He realizes he works for them and they pay him good money so he's going to try to give them their money's worth. Put some effort into it. As for Dex, he had this ho-hum why do I have to do this shit attitude.

Dex is an arrogant douche.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »

Quality work as usual, dyslexic.

Have you heard the one about DNA?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2009, 12:04:20 AM »
Quality work as usual, dyslexic.

Have you heard the one about DNA?

Dex can only wish that he had her calves.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2009, 12:14:04 AM »
Robbed, by a better bodybuilder.