Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 58842 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2018, 06:56:37 PM »
It’s dumb, I’m not a fan of players kneeling but this seems like over compensating.

For 2 years now the NFL has said they support the players right to protest and now they are changing their minds? They’re just trying to please the base NFL fans and this will cause more issues.

Just keep the players in the locker room during the anthem and avoid the issue all together.

They have been violating their own policy for two years.  They need to either enforce it or change it. 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »
Legitimately.... what happens if both teams kneel?

Do the penalties offset or something? Then they have to replay the anthem?

WTF????

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: May 23, 2018, 11:00:12 AM »
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem

TLANTA -- NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons. Those teams will also have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

"We want people to be respectful of the national anthem," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "We want people to stand -- that's all personnel -- and make sure they treat this moment in a respectful fashion. That's something we think we owe. [But] we were also very sensitive to give players choices."

All 32 owners approved the policy, which will be part of the NFL's game operations manual and thus not subject to collective bargaining. The NFL Players Association said in a statement that it will review the policy and "challenge any aspect" that is inconsistent with the CBA.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #403 on: May 23, 2018, 11:55:05 AM »
If you mad about other person's right to peaceful protest, you don't understand what it is to be an American. Period.
Do I feel a football game is the best place for it? No, I, and many people, watch sports to distract themselves for all the real world problems. But I understand every American has the same rights I do.
Maybe the NFL should go back to having the players stay in the locker rooms for the national anthem, that way racist fucks don't get butt hurt.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: May 23, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »
If you mad about other person's right to peaceful protest, you don't understand what it is to be an American. Period.
Do I feel a football game is the best place for it? No, I, and many people, watch sports to distract themselves for all the real world problems. But I understand every American has the same rights I do.
Maybe the NFL should go back to having the players stay in the locker rooms for the national anthem, that way racist fucks don't get butt hurt.

The players don't have a First Amendment right to protest on their employer's time and dime, just like you don't have the right to say or do whatever you want in your workplace. 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »
Your post makes no sense in this context.

Why isn't the nba racist for having their players stand for it? You sound like quite the racist actually.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »

Lol. That's exactly what they are proposing... if you do not wish to participate you can stay in locker room.
a

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »
The players don't have a First Amendment right to protest on their employer's time and dime, just like you don't have the right to say or do whatever you want in your workplace.  
As long as it isn't against companies policies, yes their can knee before a game. policy have changed that they will have to respect the new policies.

Your post makes no sense in this context.

Why isn't the nba racist for having their players stand for it? You sound like quite the racist actually.

My post was very cut and dry, you don't understand? You sound very stupid actually.
NBA had the standing rule in place decades ago, Mahmoud Adbul-rauf got fined million of dollars in the 90's for this reason.
I never said the NFL was racist, I said some of the fans are.

Lol. That's exactly what they are proposing... if you do not wish to participate you can stay in locker room.

should be all of nothing, or do what they did and change the policy.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2018, 02:18:13 PM »
As long as it isn't against companies policies, yes their can knee before a game. policy have changed that they will have to respect the new policies.

That's not correct.  A more accurate statement is:  as long as the company allows it.  It's a privilege, not a constitutional right. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2018, 02:27:38 PM »
That's not correct.  A more accurate statement is:  as long as the company allows it.  It's a privilege, not a constitutional right. 
We can argue semantics all day, but the fact is private employees have rights unless an employer puts a policy and procedures limit on it and of course it doesn’t violate any laws in place.
A

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2018, 02:28:30 PM »
We can argue semantics all day, but the fact is private employees have rights unless an employer puts a policy and procedures limit on it and of course it doesn’t violate any laws in place.

Well they have a Players Union, they will be okay
a

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #411 on: May 23, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »
Well they have a Players Union, they will be okay
Nah, nfl owners get paid too much from the government to have flyovers.
A

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #412 on: May 23, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »
Nah, nfl owners get paid too much from the government to have flyovers.

Then the athletes can pick another league or sport to play. It's not a plantation.
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: May 23, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »

This isn't semantics.  What you are saying is simply incorrect.  The First Amendment applies to the government, not private employers.  Your boss can censor your speech.  The government cannot (with some exceptions).  So no, private employees do not have a First Amendment right to protest.  They have the privilege to do what their company allows, or go work someplace else. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #414 on: May 29, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »
 ;D
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #416 on: May 29, 2018, 07:39:59 PM »
more gay sex fantasies from right wing closet cases

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #417 on: May 29, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
Former NFL long snapper and U.S. Army Green Beret Nate Boyer doesn’t approve of how the NFL has handled its new ban on kneeling for the national anthem.

The 37-year-old military veteran is the person who convinced former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick to take a knee instead of sitting during the anthem in the summer 2016.

On Friday, Boyer kicked off Memorial Day weekend by telling a San Diego sports talk radio station that the NFL once again has bungled the kneeling controversy.

“This was a big opportunity to bring the players to the discussion with the league and they didn’t do it,” Boyer told radio host Scott Kaplan and his 1090 radio station crew. “I don’t really understand that.”

Then on Monday, Boyer responded to a tweet from Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) who criticized the New York Jets owner Saturday for agreeing to pay his players’ protest fines. King compared taking a knee during the anthem to giving a Nazi salute.

“That’s a little farfetched... a lot farfetched, I should say.” Boyer said on CNN’s New Day. “Taking a knee was sort of born out of compromise between two people who didn’t necessarily agree on everything... You can’t compare it to a Nazi salute.”

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #418 on: May 30, 2018, 12:18:27 AM »
The argument here and across the country has been grotesquely distorted.  No one is protesting the troops or those who have served or died in the service of this country.  It's purely a protest against and to bring awareness to police brutality.  Period.  EOD.

I'll be rooting for the NY Jets this season. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #419 on: May 30, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »
The argument here and across the country has been grotesquely distorted.  No one is protesting the troops or those who have served or died in the service of this country.  It's purely a protest against and to bring awareness to police brutality.  Period.  EOD.

1)  Jets are terrible and will always be terrible. 

2)  The entire thing was based on a lie w that fat ghetto street thug Michael Brown bs "Hands Up Don't Shoot".     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: May 30, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »

You cannot separate the flag and anthem from the protests.  Armed forces or ROTC/JROTC members bring out the flag before the anthem, so there is a huge military component to the anthem at games.  And you are flat out wrong when you say the protest has nothing to do with the flag.  From his mouth when this thing started:

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Yes, this is about not showing pride in the flag and his country. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: May 30, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »
You cannot separate the flag and anthem from the protests.  Armed forces or ROTC/JROTC members bring out the flag before the anthem, so there is a huge military component to the anthem at games.  And you are flat out wrong when you say the protest has nothing to do with the flag.  From his mouth when this thing started:

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Yes, this is about not showing pride in the flag and his country. 

He grew up in the richest country in the world, has countless opportunities which most in the world don't have, and now gets a massive salary thanks to those same opportunities he had. He could at least be grateful.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: October 10, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »
 :'(

Colin Kaepernick Still Trying To Play In NFL Despite ‘Little To No Response’
The former NFL quarterback has worked out “five days a week, for three years, in preparation to play again,” according to his agents.
By David Moye
10/10/2019
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/colin-kaepernick-nfl-fact-sheet-agents_n_5d9fa9bae4b02c9da0474136?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #423 on: October 10, 2019, 11:01:04 PM »

The former NFL quarterback has worked out “five days a week, for three years, in preparation to play again,” according to his agents.
By David Moye
10/10/2019
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/colin-kaepernick-nfl-fact-sheet-agents_n_5d9fa9bae4b02c9da0474136?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

I bet he could get some boxing matches.  PPV for his first bout would be quite high, I suspect.  Any streams? 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2019, 07:05:58 AM »

By David Moye
10/10/2019

He ain't real bright.