Author Topic: Bo sox resign ws mvp Mike Lowell (3 yrs - 37 million)  (Read 4339 times)

body88

Bo sox resign ws mvp Mike Lowell (3 yrs - 37 million)
« on: November 19, 2007, 10:42:47 AM »
3 years for thirty seven is a good deal. Welcome back Mike!

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Re: Box sox resign ws mvp Mike Lowell (3 yrs - 37 million)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »
hell yea i love mike lowell and i swear if they would have let him go it would have been about the wrost thing they could do he is soo many different things to that team to replace youd need at least 3-4 different guys with different attributes...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
Great News

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »
baseball salaries make me sick. what a joke this contract is. but then again most of them are
Go Big Red!!!

body88

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:01:43 PM »
baseball salaries make me sick. what a joke this contract is. but then again most of them are

I see what you mean, but the MLB is a seven billion dollar a year company. Baseball is one of the few sports that pay the athletes what they are worth ( considering how much the leagues make). Think about NFL contracts compared to how much the league makes per year. People come to see the players. They are the league's.

I am happy with this contract. The yankees and phillies offered him 40 million. It would not be smart to sign Lowel for 4 years. Although he is a great player , he is 33.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »
I see what you mean, but the MLB is a seven billion dollar a year company. Baseball is one of the few sports that pay the athletes what they are worth ( considering how much the leagues make). Think about NFL contracts compared to how much the league makes per year. People come to see the players. They are the league's.

I am happy with this contract. The yankees and phillies offered him 40 million. It would not be smart to sign Lowel for 4 years. Although he is a great player , he is 33.

He is made for Fenway park. Both parties were smart enough to realize this.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

Tori Hunter at 18 million a year is absolutely disgusting.  .271 career average, but, far worse, a .324 OBP.
Y

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Bo sox resign ws mvp Mike Lowell (3 yrs - 37 million)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »
3 years for thirty seven is a good deal. Welcome back Mike!

I was hoping the pads could lure him away from Boston

body88

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »
I was hoping the pads could lure him away from Boston

3 years is the perfect deal for him imo. Mike is a great player , and also a great team mate. The team loves him.

I like the padres. If he was going to go, I would have liked to see him go to a team like that.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 10:21:53 AM »
Yea the Padres wouldve been a good team for him but still in all the best team for him is the Red Sox...and you wanna talk about gross deals how bout the dickhead Yanks picking back up ARod and now they are going after fucking santana man in minnesota lets him go they have know one left

body88

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 10:57:59 AM »
Yea the Padres wouldve been a good team for him but still in all the best team for him is the Red Sox...and you wanna talk about gross deals how bout the dickhead Yanks picking back up ARod and now they are going after fucking santana man in minnesota lets him go they have know one left

The yanks are going to have to cough up a big chunk of there top prospects for Santana. Im not worried.about the yankees.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33:21 AM »
niether am i really i just hate them...they were talkin about giving up cabrera and some young prospects for santana

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 08:09:37 AM »
The yanks are going to have to cough up a big chunk of there top prospects for Santana. Im not worried.about the yankees.

The acquisition of Santana to either the Yanks or the sox pretty much gives that team the division (provided Pettitte returns).

Personally, I'd like to see him land in the NL.  Let a big name go somewhere else for once.  I want to see Chamberlain/Hughes/Kennedy vs. Buchholz/Lester/Matsuzaka.

The Yankees need him more than Boston does, since they have Beckett, so they will probably go after him harder.
Y

body88

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 08:32:46 AM »
The acquisition of Santana to either the Yanks or the sox pretty much gives that team the division (provided Pettitte returns).

Personally, I'd like to see him land in the NL.  Let a big name go somewhere else for once.  I want to see Chamberlain/Hughes/Kennedy vs. Buchholz/Lester/Matsuzaka.

The Yankees need him more than Boston does, since they have Beckett, so they will probably go after him harder.

I agree with you. I like our youth movement. Homegrown. I hope to see the same thing. I dont want to see the yanks give up any of the guys you listed , as well as the sox you listed to.

Especially Ellsbury. I want to se Crisp and Lugo go.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »
hell no i agree with all of that except keep crisp i love crisp he is a hard working center and as far as defnsively for the money your not going to beat him...

body88

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »
Ellsbury is a better hitter , better base runner, has a better arm and has all the tools to be a fine defensive player in center.If not for Ellsbury we dont win the world series. Tito saw the light and benched crisp for Jacobe and he got some actual production. Jacobe cost a fraction of what crisp does since he is home grown. You dump coco and that horrible contract imo.

Latest news on Santana has the sox as the frontrunners in the deal. The names Ellsbury and Buckholz are NOT mentioned in this new deal. Only Lester,Crisp and a few younger prospects. You do this deal if it is true. Becket , Santana, Dice k, Schill , Wake and Buckholz. Um yes. As long as my boys Buckholz and Ellsbury stay im all for it!

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/thebuzz/

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »
you know i felt one way but since you brought it up you are right about jacobe and to give up lester crisp for santana would be a sweet deal for us...plus you gotta think that the twins are marketting for a center fielder so crisp will look better there where there is no other options...and can i just say holy shit to that rotation...

body88

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
you know i felt one way but since you brought it up you are right about jacobe and to give up lester crisp for santana would be a sweet deal for us...plus you gotta think that the twins are marketting for a center fielder so crisp will look better there where there is no other options...and can i just say holy shit to that rotation...

Don't sweat it. I agree with you 100 percent about coco's defensive skill. But Ellsbury is going to be a special player. I think he could be a Carlos Beltrane type talent. We saw him spark our offense, and make key play after key play on the biggest stage there is. Everytime he plays there is a spark. He is going to be a star.

Masterson is a great prospect. 6'6 240. Strike out machine. BUT to get Santana for Masterson , Lester , Crisp, and Lowrie is a move you have to make.

Not only would we upgrade center field at a fraction of the cost , we would have by far the best rotation in baseball. We could use that extra money from Crisp to add a little more middle relief.

A rotation of Becket , Santana, Dice k, Buckholz, Schill and Wake.. With Oki , Delcarmen and Paplebon closing would be about as good as you can get.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 12:56:36 PM »
Ellsbury is a better hitter , better base runner, has a better arm and has all the tools to be a fine defensive player in center.If not for Ellsbury we dont win the world series. Tito saw the light and benched crisp for Jacobe and he got some actual production. Jacobe cost a fraction of what crisp does since he is home grown. You dump coco and that horrible contract imo.

Latest news on Santana has the sox as the frontrunners in the deal. The names Ellsbury and Buckholz are NOT mentioned in this new deal. Only Lester,Crisp and a few younger prospects. You do this deal if it is true. Becket , Santana, Dice k, Schill , Wake and Buckholz. Um yes. As long as my boys Buckholz and Ellsbury stay im all for it!

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/thebuzz/

I would make that trade in a second.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 12:57:27 PM »
I could be wrong, but if the best deal that's on the table is centered around Lester and Crisp, that means Cashman hasn't thrown Hughes on the table yet.  Heck, I think a Yankee package of Kennedy/Cabrerra/Tabata(Horne) is better than that.

I think the sox getting him for that is like my dream scenario of the Yankees getting him w/o sacrificing Joba or Hughes, and going with an insane rotation of Santana, Pettitte, Hughes, Wang, Chamberlain.  In other words, I doubt it will happen.

As for the above statement, Body88 is right on - Crisp in no Ellsbury.  No way.  That being said, I don't think Ellsbury has the type of power to be a Beltran.  Not to take away the other things he brings to the table since he looks to be a very good player.  Ellsbury's just plain fun to watch.

Y

body88

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »
I could be wrong, but if the best deal that's on the table is centered around Lester and Crisp, that means Cashman hasn't thrown Hughes on the table yet.  Heck, I think a Yankee package of Kennedy/Cabrerra/Tabata(Horne) is better than that.

I think the sox getting him for that is like my dream scenario of the Yankees getting him w/o sacrificing Joba or Hughes, and going with an insane rotation of Santana, Pettitte, Hughes, Wang, Chamberlain.  In other words, I doubt it will happen.

As for the above statement, Body88 is right on - Crisp in no Ellsbury.  No way.  That being said, I don't think Ellsbury has the type of power to be a Beltran.  Not to take away the other things he brings to the table since he looks to be a very good player.  Ellsbury's just plain fun to watch.

Who knows ape. This may be a tactic by the twins to get the yanks to throw in Joba. Thats prob what is going on.

I would be upset if they gave up Ellsbury. I think coco is better suited for a market like Minnesota. Ellsury is a clear upgrade over crisp.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »
Who knows ape. This may be a tactic by the twins to get the yanks to throw in Joba. Thats prob what is going on.

I would be upset if they gave up Ellsbury. I think coco is better suited for a market like Minnesota. Ellsury is a clear upgrade over crisp.

lol - actually, your first sentence is entirely what I think it is.  I didn't say it because I figured I'd get ransacked.  It's the Crisp part that makes me doubt it - he makes too much money for him to be in their plans.

I don't think Theo will give up Ellsbury for anything right now, and I don't blame him.  Yes, you should always try to improve your pitching, but he's got a very good young staff right now, and would definitely be downgrading CF if they moved Ellsbury.

Truthfully, I really don't want to lose Hughes.  I've been following the guy for two years now, and want to see if he can live up to the hype in a Yankee uniform.  On the other hand, it's Johan F'n Santana.  Please, just go to the Mets.
Y

body88

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
lol - actually, your first sentence is entirely what I think it is.  I didn't say it because I figured I'd get ransacked.  It's the Crisp part that makes me doubt it - he makes too much money for him to be in their plans.

I don't think Theo will give up Ellsbury for anything right now, and I don't blame him.  Yes, you should always try to improve your pitching, but he's got a very good young staff right now, and would definitely be downgrading CF if they moved Ellsbury.

Truthfully, I really don't want to lose Hughes.  I've been following the guy for two years now, and want to see if he can live up to the hype in a Yankee uniform.  On the other hand, it's Johan F'n Santana.  Please, just go to the Mets.

Its a bind for both our teams. Neither of us want to see the other get Santana. I think the yankees need him more , but on the same token the sox cannot let him go to the yanks without being worried. Lets face it the yanks are making the playoffs. What Santana does is give them that one piece they are missing when they get there. We have our youth movements now , figures Santana is a free agent.

I feel like the sox deal is to good to be true. I mean obv im all over that trade if it is true , but I cannot see the yanks letting that go down. Santana on the sox is a giant blow to the Yankees.

On the same token whole not as large a blow to the sox , it is a huge piece for the yankees in the playoffs.

I agree , just go to the mets , haha.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »

« Reply #22 on: Today at 01:30:16 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove  Split Topic
Quote from: Grape Ape on Today at 01:23:19 PM

Its a bind for both our teams. Neither of us want to see the other get Santana. I think the yankees need him more , but on the same token the sox cannot let him go to the yanks without being worried. Lets face it the yanks are making the playoffs. What Santana does is give them that one piece they are missing when they get there. We have our youth movements now , figures Santana is a free agent.

I feel like the sox deal is to good to be true. I mean obv im all over that trade if it is true , but I cannot see the yanks letting that go down. Santana on the sox is a giant blow to the Yankees.

On the same token athough not as large a blow to the sox , it is a huge piece for the yankees in the playoffs. Huge.

I agree , just go to the mets , haha

FWIW, I just heard that sox deal was true.  So I could be full of shit.
Y

body88

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 01:36:35 PM »

FWIW, I just heard that sox deal was true.  So I could be full of shit.

The plot thickens. I did not want to comment on the deal until I knew it was for real. Hard for me to see the yanks letting this happen.