Author Topic: Just lost our rescue Yorkie  (Read 14903 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Just lost our rescue Yorkie
« on: September 08, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »
Wife had to have another dog to keep our 7 year old Yorkie company. I compromised and allowed her to adopt 7 year old.  The foster mother embellished her attributes, quirks and downplayed her problems. So we ended up with what was really a 5 year old Yorkie that had grew up in a cage and had no social skills, no potty training. 7 years later she still didn't care for other dogs, or many people but was totally devoted to my wife and I. we had to put her down yesterday due to so many issues and her struggling to breath. I know I'm not alone it feeling the pain of losing a small member of the family. The house feels so empty at the moment.

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Just lost our rescue Yorkie
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 05:51:56 PM »
For many people the relationship with out pets become very close.   Pets have an unconditional relationship with their owners. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 08:11:16 AM »
Wife had to have another dog to keep our 7 year old Yorkie company. I compromised and allowed her to adopt 7 year old.  The foster mother embellished her attributes, quirks and downplayed her problems. So we ended up with what was really a 5 year old Yorkie that had grew up in a cage and had no social skills, no potty training. 7 years later she still didn't care for other dogs, or many people but was totally devoted to my wife and I. we had to put her down yesterday due to so many issues and her struggling to breath. I know I'm not alone it feeling the pain of losing a small member of the family. The house feels so empty at the moment.

Sorry for your loss pal. Don't know how I missed this post two months ago. Hope you are feeling better.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 08:22:28 PM »
Sorry for your loss pal. Don't know how I missed this post two months ago. Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks.. I'm good. Wife is baby sitting our neighbors dog while they are on vacation so it is helping her.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 12:00:59 AM »

That’s very tough - They Leave such a big emptiness in our lives
As this is a late reply - how are you both now, Has the heartache eased ?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 09:32:38 PM »

That’s very tough - They Leave such a big emptiness in our lives
As this is a late reply - how are you both now, Has the heartache eased ?

Thanks for checking in. As you know, it gets easier with time. It's amazing what impact a pet can have on peoples lives. Not everyone is as affected by it as others obviously. People keep their dogs chained to trees I'm sure don't suffer as much as people who welcome a pet into their home and treat it as family. I'm a pretty cynical guy, but it certainly had an impact on me that surprised me. My wife, who could not have children, treated the yorkies like her babies, almost to the point it would drive me nuts sometimes, she is suffering the most but I know she'll get over it. When we are done traveling, I'm sure we'll get a couple more to enrich our lives.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 04:37:55 PM »
Thanks for checking in. As you know, it gets easier with time. It's amazing what impact a pet can have on peoples lives. Not everyone is as affected by it as others obviously. People keep their dogs chained to trees I'm sure don't suffer as much as people who welcome a pet into their home and treat it as family. I'm a pretty cynical guy, but it certainly had an impact on me that surprised me. My wife, who could not have children, treated the yorkies like her babies, almost to the point it would drive me nuts sometimes, she is suffering the most but I know she'll get over it. When we are done traveling, I'm sure we'll get a couple more to enrich our lives.

Enjoy your travels & good to here you’ll get other dogs.
👍🏻