Author Topic: SPECIAL ED'S OLYMPIA REPORT  (Read 1847 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
SPECIAL ED'S OLYMPIA REPORT
« on: September 28, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
This is just the way I see it, and bear in mind that unlike Isaac, Ron, Chick, Palumbo, and everyone else, I have no vested interest in who wins and who takes second.  That being said: Ronnie looks terrible. Jay is waaaaaayyyyy off. Dexter is 100%. Victor is about 95%. Wolf is also about 95%. Melvin is about 95% as well, but not as sharp as the others. Therefore, the show should be between Dex, Vic and Wolf.

1. Victor - Best overall combination of size, symmetry, shape, and conditioning. Victor putting Cutler and Coleman to shame with equal size and 10x better detail than Coleman and 10x better shape than Cutler. Better conditioning than both by far.
2. Dexter - Best conditioning and good everything else. Dexter really looks sharp here.
3. Wolf - Destroys everyone in front lat, rear double biceps, and rear lat, but front double bi is a classic pose, and he still looks a bit stringy in the arms on this one.
4. Melvin Anthony - Melvin tightened up significantly since 2 weeks ago. He's about as good as he can be. The glutes will never be there. If glutes don't matter, he's 2nd.
5. Cutler - Let's be honest. He looks so-so from the front and water-logged by about 2 weeks from the back. Gimme a break!
6. Gustavo - Gustavo not as sharp as the 2 day out pics, but good enough to beat most everyone else.
7. Coleman - Don't know who talked him into this or told him he looked good enough to win, but Ronnie needs to take stock of his friendships. Looking like this, a true friend would have spared the man his dignity and told him to sit this one out.
8. Johnnie O - Vastly improved and one of a handful of guys to nail his conditioning. Could easily be as high as 6th. No one packs on the muscle like JOJ.
9. Rockel - Everyone looks like shit, so why not give Rockel 9th for his shape and symmetry.
10. Freeman - Maybe 6 months between shows is not such a good idea. Hope he enjoys the McDonald's sponsorship announced at the press conference.

There, I said it: Victor Martinez fulfills his promise and wins the 2007 Mr. Olympia.

Cutler, Coleman, Cormier, Freeman, Warren, Ruhl, and all the other guys who've been competing for 20 years need to be put out to pasture or bred, because they're all finished.
BigNationRadio.com

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: SPECIAL ED'S OLYMPIA REPORT
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 11:17:54 PM »
Great Job, Ed

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:18:34 PM »
yea i pretty much agree with you. If you go over to MD u would think that there is no way that victor can lose this show, but that is far from the truth, he doesnt even have second place locked up IMO. Dexter totally nailed it, just his best isnt enough to win the O....

melvin looks his best ever.

Wolf looks better than ever.

Ronnies conditioning is great, everythign else sucked.....good lord what happened to his back :(

Jay is off, soft and nowhere near as tight as he usually is.

but what is most suprisng about this show, is that most of the guys who are goin to place about 8-15th, totally nailed there conditioning and look their best ever.

This is just the way I see it, and bear in mind that unlike Isaac, Ron, Chick, Palumbo, and everyone else, I have no vested interest in who wins and who takes second.  That being said: Ronnie looks terrible. Jay is waaaaaayyyyy off. Dexter is 100%. Victor is about 95%. Wolf is also about 95%. Melvin is about 95% as well, but not as sharp as the others. Therefore, the show should be between Dex, Vic and Wolf.

1. Victor - Best overall combination of size, symmetry, shape, and conditioning. Victor putting Cutler and Coleman to shame with equal size and 10x better detail than Coleman and 10x better shape than Cutler. Better conditioning than both by far.
2. Dexter - Best conditioning and good everything else. Dexter really looks sharp here.
3. Wolf - Destroys everyone in front lat, rear double biceps, and rear lat, but front double bi is a classic pose, and he still looks a bit stringy in the arms on this one.
4. Melvin Anthony - Melvin tightened up significantly since 2 weeks ago. He's about as good as he can be. The glutes will never be there. If glutes don't matter, he's 2nd.
5. Cutler - Let's be honest. He looks so-so from the front and water-logged by about 2 weeks from the back. Gimme a break!
6. Gustavo - Gustavo not as sharp as the 2 day out pics, but good enough to beat most everyone else.
7. Coleman - Don't know who talked him into this or told him he looked good enough to win, but Ronnie needs to take stock of his friendships. Looking like this, a true friend would have spared the man his dignity and told him to sit this one out.
8. Johnnie O - Vastly improved and one of a handful of guys to nail his conditioning. Could easily be as high as 6th. No one packs on the muscle like JOJ.
9. Rockel - Everyone looks like shit, so why not give Rockel 9th for his shape and symmetry.
10. Freeman - Maybe 6 months between shows is not such a good idea. Hope he enjoys the McDonald's sponsorship announced at the press conference.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 11:19:28 PM »

Guess you forgot about Weider politics....
I hate the State.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »
Guys,

These aren't predictions. These are reality.

Sure, maybe Cutler wins, Coleman takes second, and Martinez takes 3rd, but that's no different than the Emperor having no clothes.
CUTLER

BigNationRadio.com

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 11:24:21 PM »

There, I said it: Victor Martinez fulfills his promise and wins the 2007 Mr. Olympia.

Cutler, Coleman, Cormier, Freeman, Warren, Ruhl, and all the other guys who've been competing for 20 years need to be put out to pasture or bred, because they're all finished.

Good post, J.  Are you doing any vids like last year?

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 11:24:27 PM »
Ed, you at the expo tomorrow? I'm there...

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »
Good post, J.  Are you doing any vids like last year?
Thx. No vids this year. MD prefers Billy Guns and BB.com prefers a Hat-Cam. I will, however, be doing plenty of excellent interviews at UFC 77 and UFC 78. Lots of Tapout, Affliction, and Fairtex jokes made at the expense of the world's most dangerous men! SCCCCAAAAARRRRYYY!!
BigNationRadio.com

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 11:27:55 PM »
Thx. No vids this year. MD prefers Billy Guns and BB.com prefers a Hat-Cam. :(

Ah yeah, I had forgotten that you had done them for MD last year until you just reminded me.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »
SPECIAL ED I aggre with you on all points, no they won't drop Jay that far but you are spot on in my book, Vic or Dex should win it with The Wolf in 3rd 8). My 2 cents ;D

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 11:30:57 PM »
Ed, you at the expo tomorrow? I'm there...
Big G, Ring me Up for the DL.
BigNationRadio.com

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 11:34:32 PM »
Big G, Ring me Up for the DL.
I'll be the tall guy wearing the black K t-shirt (guy in pic is Oscar - NOT me)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »
Bump for truth
BigNationRadio.com

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Guys,

These aren't predictions. These are reality.

Sure, maybe Cutler wins, Coleman takes second, and Martinez takes 3rd, but that's no different than the Emperor having no clothes.
CUTLER

Hahahah that was a really good analogy ed. I like that.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 10:16:43 AM »
uncharacteristically poignant analysys, Ed - well done

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 10:46:36 AM »
i told you all year

TEAM MARTINEZ BABY

Z

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Pretty accurate assumptions Ed - basically what I was saying this morning about my thoughts on the prejudging although I was only interested in the top six.  8)

Unfortunately, the fans are going to get screwed again and they'll give it to Jay due to Weider's policy of creating legacies.

As for Ronnie, I can understand he was determined to turn things around from last year but it has completely backfired on him - the guy is a mess and if the judges even consider putting him in the top four then there's something fishy going on.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 11:03:26 AM »
I'll be the tall guy wearing the black Snake OilTM t-shirt

fixed
Ron: "I am lazy."

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »
Guess you forgot about Weider politics....

Is no Weider politics at this O, it is Musclethec politics.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »
good stuff ed. i agree mostly, however i would have dex winning, with wolf 2nd and vic 3rd ( the blatent synthol abuse should be punished). 8)

sadly jay will get it, and the jay fan boys will start thread after thread saying i told you so etc etc while ignoring the real facts - he looks like shit.
175lbs by 31st July