Author Topic: 240 and I need help  (Read 4729 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: 240 and I need help
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 09:45:52 AM »
UNcle sam cannot take control of the guard or reserves overnight, atleast in response to a disaster like that. Its not about Bush saying i control the troops its abouit the bean counters and where the cash comes from. The process is very complicated. i worked with this crap for two years ina previous assignment. We delt with emergencies just like this. The military responded as quickly as the process allows.   
L

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 05:38:31 AM »
The federal government doesn't have the power??

Who do you suppose is sending our "National Guard" troops to Iraq........the Governors??

Please........don't be silly.

I'm sure a military man such as yourself realizes that the guard has to be activated before going to Iraq...and only the troops actually deploying are activated. Not the whole guard...now don't be silly
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 05:42:52 AM »
I'm sure a military man such as yourself realizes that the guard has to be activated before going to Iraq...and only the troops actually deploying are activated. Not the whole guard...now don't be silly

True, but WHO activated us?

Who continues to use the "stop loss"?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 06:00:33 AM »

True, but WHO activated us?

Who continues to use the "stop loss"?

What stop loss? We don't have one in the Air Force, and my neighbor, an army e-8 just retired last month with 13 other soldiers in his ceremony...

I know bush activated you, but we were talking about Katrina. At that time since the LA guard wasn't activated the control fell to the governor and Adjutant General.
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 06:20:24 AM »

I know bush activated you, but we were talking about Katrina. 

Sorry, I misunderstood the conversation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 06:26:50 AM »
So um, since state govs contorl the nat'l guard...

If one of them decided to pull his states' men from Iraq, could he?

And if so, why have none?
And if not, do they really control them?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 06:43:11 AM »
So um, since state govs contorl the nat'l guard...

If one of them decided to pull his states' men from Iraq, could he?

And if so, why have none?
And if not, do they really control them?

They only control them until the president activates them in a time of war and then they report to the commading General of the District of Columbia National guard. The only question I have on that is we never had a declaration of war did we? If that is the case I'm not 100% sure on what it takes to activate the guard. Let emlook deeper into the Regs
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 07:22:20 AM »
They only control them until the president activates them in a time of war and then they report to the commading General of the District of Columbia National guard. The only question I have on that is we never had a declaration of war did we? If that is the case I'm not 100% sure on what it takes to activate the guard. Let emlook deeper into the Regs

bottom line is that officially, state controls them.  But Bush does what the hell he wants, and they were, and are, going over there no matter what the staties want.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 07:24:23 AM »
bottom line is that officially, state controls them.  But Bush does what the hell he wants, and they were, and are, going over there no matter what the staties want.

That is the way the constitution wrote it.....George Washington had to activae the guard when he was president...It has happened since day 1
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »
in that case, what was the bill that Bush was pushing for, to gain control?  Simply to own the guard WITHOUT a war declaration?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 07:29:51 AM »
in that case, what was the bill that Bush was pushing for, to gain control?  Simply to own the guard WITHOUT a war declaration?

The bill would give him authorization to activate the guard the next time Katrina happens instead of having to wait for the state and then taking the blame for them not acting. Without the bill he could only call on them for war.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 07:36:36 AM »
The bill would give him authorization to activate the guard the next time Katrina happens instead of having to wait for the state and then taking the blame for them not acting. Without the bill he could only call on them for war.

Ah.

Do you feel Bush failed at all during Katrina?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 07:42:07 AM »
Ah.

If our country was smaller maybe, but the reason we have so much government is so Bush doesn't have to micromanage everything. I blame FEMA for the slow response, but all the president can do is put people in positions that he feels he can trust. I just don't like people that can't step up for their short comings and the Governor of LA and Mayor of NO could have done the most to avoid the problems since they are on the ground. I mean why wsn't Biloxi going through the same shit?
gotta love life

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »
search Police state on youtube...

Alex Jones has many videos showing how the military has been working side by side for some time now with the state police ect..They are gearing up toward something....

Some say that something big is going to happen just before the 08 elections...Marshell Law will come into effect and all the state workers(police ect) will then become federal workers...Time will tell...

But if any of you believe that 9/11 was done by this government then why on earth could you believe that the constitution holds any water what so ever...These people have proven time and time again that they can do what ever they want by simply forcing fear upon its citizens...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
If our country was smaller maybe, but the reason we have so much government is so Bush doesn't have to micromanage everything. I blame FEMA for the slow response, but all the president can do is put people in positions that he feels he can trust. I just don't like people that can't step up for their short comings and the Governor of LA and Mayor of NO could have done the most to avoid the problems since they are on the ground. I mean why wsn't Biloxi going through the same shit?

Biloxi wasn't sitting below sea level when levees broke.

So Bush deserves ZERO PERCENT of blame for Katrina failures then?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »
search Police state on youtube...

Alex Jones has many videos showing how the military has been working side by side for some time now with the state police ect..They are gearing up toward something....

Some say that something big is going to happen just before the 08 elections...Marshell Law will come into effect and all the state workers(police ect) will then become federal workers...Time will tell...

But if any of you believe that 9/11 was done by this government then why on earth could you believe that the constitution holds any water what so ever...These people have proven time and time again that they can do what ever they want by simply forcing fear upon its citizens...

People will choose greed and certainty, over power and uncertainty.

Bush will move to Paraguay with all his money.
Cheney will follow haliburton to Dubai with all his money.

Pentagon is already priming the Iraqi war to end in oct 2008, just in time to take away the dems edge in the nov 2008 election.  Bush got his 7 years of war.  corps got their 7 years of plundering.  nation's energy resources are indeed stronger, all at a cost of less than 10k lives.

A utilitarian success, believe it or not.  Then it's time for 8 years of Dem control - and what comes with that?  Domestic repair.  Another Bill Clinton will come in and avoid wars for a decade while repairing our nation domestically.

It's starting to make sense now - the cycles. 

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 03:39:26 AM »
Ah.

240.....is that a trick question for MM??  ;)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 04:45:02 AM »
Biloxi wasn't sitting below sea level when levees broke.

So Bush deserves ZERO PERCENT of blame for Katrina failures then?

that's right, I forgot Bush built NO below sea level. Bush deserves ZERO credit leading up to and during the storm...he could have put more pressure on FEMA in the aftermath however but doesn't deserve a tenth of the blame that the mayor/governor deserve.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 09:04:02 AM »
that's right, I forgot Bush built NO below sea level. Bush deserves ZERO credit leading up to and during the storm...he could have put more pressure on FEMA in the aftermath however but doesn't deserve a tenth of the blame that the mayor/governor deserve.

So put a % on the failure of Bush to push FEMA.

Out of 100% blame, what % do you assign to Bush?  You're obviously qualified to say it's less than a tenth what mayor/gov deserve, so it must be between 1% and 9%.

Please tell us what % of katrina's failure you assign to Bush, and why.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 10:33:14 AM »
So put a % on the failure of Bush to push FEMA.

Out of 100% blame, what % do you assign to Bush?  You're obviously qualified to say it's less than a tenth what mayor/gov deserve, so it must be between 1% and 9%.

Please tell us what % of katrina's failure you assign to Bush, and why.

I don't place any percentage of Katrina on Bush, he has a goverment for a reason.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 11:24:18 AM »
I don't place any percentage of Katrina on Bush, he has a goverment for a reason.

So Bush is responsible for zero % of what those under his command do?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »
So Bush is responsible for zero % of what those under his command do?

So if I fuck up, since I ultimately work for Bush that means he gets part of the blame?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »
So if I fuck up, since I ultimately work for Bush that means he gets part of the blame?

Yes.

If you hire idiots and they perform poorly, that blame does fall on you.

Please state clearly - Bush deserves ZERO PERCENT BLAME for katrina aftermath?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2007, 12:14:35 PM »
Yes.

If you hire idiots and they perform poorly, that blame does fall on you.

Please state clearly - Bush deserves ZERO PERCENT BLAME for katrina aftermath?

ZERO percent
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2007, 12:17:17 PM »
ZERO percent

okay.  your opinion has been stated.  thanks for your courage.