Poll

POLL FOR THE MEN:  Many men have a mental set of sensual images that rise up or can be conjured up in their minds.  Does this apply to you?

Yes, and these images are regularly changing; for example, the great body I just saw in the train station (or wherever) could be recalled hours or days later.
11 (68.8%)
Yes, but they are mostly images from years gone by.
2 (12.5%)
No, I don't have a mental set of sensual images.
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: POll Question for the men - re: Sensual Images  (Read 4925 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
POll Question for the men - re: Sensual Images
« on: April 17, 2010, 09:12:46 AM »
This Poll question is also in the book "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn.

Will post more later on this chapter.
R

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: POll Question for the men - re: Sensual Images
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
no....

bench

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 01:46:49 PM »
hey wait...stells had this thread locked when i tried to answer... >:(

and no...although i do get a tingly sensation in my neither regions when i drive by a field with all the sheep by my girls house....
carpe` vaginum!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »
I have a great memory... ;)

The questions seems to simplistic to me like I said I have a really good memory and I can recall many things...iono maybe I should have said no b/c while I can I dont...hmmm you can change my vote from a yes to a no.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
LOL actually change that to the middle one...from yrs gone by hahahaha

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »
Yes, 1st option.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »
i fall in love about 5 times a day

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 04:18:35 AM »
 have a abnormally great, picture perfect, scan for scan, mega zoom memory...and yes those images are in my head, cataloged...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
Variety is the key here.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »
Variety is the key here.

yup

(o)Y(o)   ( o ) Y ( o )   (   o   ) Y  (   o   )

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 07:26:06 AM »
hey wait...stells had this thread locked when i tried to answer... >:(

Sorry Toxy!  To make a poll you have to make the thread first so I lock it until I'm done.

So the name of this chapter is "Keeper of the Visual Rolodex" and it talks about how men are visual.

Her poll results had 62% choosing the first option, 25% choosing the second, and 13% choosing the last option.

Here are some excerpts from the chapter:

"Even happily married men are instinctively pulled to visually "consume" attractive women, and these images can be just as alluring wheather they are live or recollected.

"A woman w/a great body is an "eye magnet" that is incredibly difficult to avoid, and even if a man forces himself not to look, he is acutely aware of her presence."

"Even when no such eye magnet is present, [some men have] a "mental Rolodex" of stored images that can intrude into his thoughts w/o warning or can be called up at will."

There is another Poll Question in the chapter regarding a compulsion to look at attractive women.

The chapter is really interesting and does state that some women may not want to know the things she has written there.

Here is a conversation that she had w/her husband that shows how differently men and women think:

"The Tom Cruise Conversation"

One day, during the time I was trying to come to terms w/these findings, Jeff (her husband) and I were riding in the car, discussing what I was discovering.  Jeff confessed that he didn't understand why I was so surprised.  Here's how our conversation went from there:

Jeff:  "But you know men are visual, right?"
Me:   "Well, yes, of course.  But since most women aren't, I just didn't get it.  I just don't experience things the same way you do."
Jeff:  "See, I'm not sure I really believe that."
Me:   "Well, it's true!"
Jeff:  "Maybe we just use different language to describe it.  For example, think of a movie star that you find physically attractive - Tom Cruise, say.  After we've seen one of his movies, how many times will that attractive image rise up in your mine the next day?"
Me:   "Never."
Jeff:  "I must not be explaining myself correctly.  I mean, how many times will a thought of what he looked like with his shirt off just sort of pop up in your head?"
Me:   "Never."
Jeff:  "Never - as in never?"
Me:   "Zero times.  It just doesn't happen."
Jeff:  "Wow."

R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 11:48:05 AM »
Interesting!  I believe it's testosterone that makes such a huge difference.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »
I think the author is the exception to the rule I actually think most women are probably around the same numbers I would think slightly less but around the same.

Im sure if we polled the women on this board most would agree that they do have mental images of their husbands or significant other that they can recall when they want to. Im sure they would agree that their are times in the day when something happens and it makes them think about their husbands or SO's and if the situation is right in a sexual way.

I think there is a stigma especially in our society that prevents many women from admitting they actually do visualize men other than their SO or husband. Most psychological/physiological studies back up the theory that women are just as sexual as men are. Now maybe this gets played out differently obviously women want a good mate that will take care of her and their children and men want to spread their genes so perhaps this is a reason for the discrepency but I think that if you really looked into it men and women arent very different in terms of this.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
I think the author is the exception to the rule I actually think most women are probably around the same numbers I would think slightly less but around the same.

Im sure if we polled the women on this board most would agree that they do have mental images of their husbands or significant other that they can recall when they want to. Im sure they would agree that their are times in the day when something happens and it makes them think about their husbands or SO's and if the situation is right in a sexual way.

I think there is a stigma especially in our society that prevents many women from admitting they actually do visualize men other than their SO or husband. Most psychological/physiological studies back up the theory that women are just as sexual as men are. Now maybe this gets played out differently obviously women want a good mate that will take care of her and their children and men want to spread their genes so perhaps this is a reason for the discrepency but I think that if you really looked into it men and women arent very different in terms of this.
Just as "sexual" does not mean, just as "visual". If so, there would have been a whole lot of sites for women to gawk at men...unfortunately those sites are mostly gay men gawking at men. Why? Well because gay men are still men, and men are still visual. It may have to do with the fact that men were the hunters, and as such, must make visual confirmation of the "prey".

Yes women are visual, but women don't need the "seek and destroy" vision that men have.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »
Just as "sexual" does not mean, just as "visual". If so, there would have been a whole lot of sites for women to gawk at men...unfortunately those sites are mostly gay men gawking at men. Why? Well because gay men are still men, and men are still visual. It may have to do with the fact that men were the hunters, and as such, must make visual confirmation of the "prey".

Yes women are visual, but women don't need the "seek and destroy" vision that men have.
disagree they are just as visual they just have it for different things...women have plenty good visual memory in respect to things they are interested in...ie an intimate mate, not necissarily a prospective mate...most women I would say have mental images of previous mates and the mates they have now that they can recall at will.

do men do it more, id say so but thats not to say that women dont do it simply in a different manner then men do.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »
disagree they are just as visual they just have it for different things...women have plenty good visual memory in respect to things they are interested in...ie an intimate mate, not necissarily a prospective mate...most women I would say have mental images of previous mates and the mates they have now that they can recall at will.

do men do it more, id say so but thats not to say that women dont do it simply in a different manner then men do.
I agree with you, but I blieve their perception is more skewed to the emotional level. As I said, if women were just as visual, then their would be tons of visual erotic literature for them, especially now. But it is not.

Listening to women talk, they are very observant and detail oriented--they know if man is cheating or is lying, based upon details that either fit or don't fit. Their mind works totally different from ours. We see ass, tits, and it can be connected to another drive, hunger. Mans biggest drives are hunger and sex. Both are necessary for the survival of the species. We our constantly sizing one another up, we are constantly jostling for dominance. Women, cannot  hang in that dept---the end up nuetering each other

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
I agree with you, but I blieve their perception is more skewed to the emotional level. As I said, if women were just as visual, then their would be tons of visual erotic literature for them, especially now. But it is not.

Listening to women talk, they are very observant and detail oriented--they know if man is cheating or is lying, based upon details that either fit or don't fit. Their mind works totally different from ours. We see ass, tits, and it can be connected to another drive, hunger. Mans biggest drives are hunger and sex. Both are necessary for the survival of the species. We our constantly sizing one another up, we are constantly jostling for dominance. Women, cannot  hang in that dept---the end up nuetering each other
I think you take to primal a view of the sexes, mens biggest desires are not to breed and eat alone...men and women share the same basic make ups they are just displayed in different ways.

Im not saying that women are just as visual as men Im saying that in this respect they are but in a different form. Women probably have more visual images from previous and past mates than men do but men have more of random hotties than women do.

again men and women are very similiar even in their drives its just that they are displayed in different ways. Women are all about sex as well, why do you think so many women have fake tits? it snt b/c it helps their "self esteem: LMAO even though thats what they like to say. Its so they can get a guys to pay attention to them show interest and eventually have sex with them.

women are the same way, they see broad shoulders or big shoulder to waist ratio and they see a good mate same as we do in ass and big tits...see alot of the same just expressed in different ways...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 05:40:11 AM »
Here is the problem with your last statement many studies have been done and show that women will not pick the handsome squared jawed man as a mate---marriage, they will pick the round face doughy looking guy. The reason seems to go that the former is more attractive, therefore having a pick of women, the less attractive man will stay, because he has little options. This means he will be a better provider in a woman's mind...

It seems that there is a little of both esteem and trying to narrow it down to a man who will not look at the competition.
Women themselves try to regulate each other, look at the Fashion industry, which is run by women and gay men. Women do not like other women who have bigger breasts, bigger asses, curvy physiques, prettier faces than they do, so they (fashion industry) come up some androgynous faced stick figured, b cup having, 5'9-5'11, 120 pounds standard. And top it off, they make them have a exagerated "switch" or walk (something the flamboyant gays do)...why is that? Because women in general hate sexual competition amongst themselves. Men, relish it.

Women, get implants, yes to get attention from men, but it is also for esteem, the more attention they get the higher their esteem---but then when they realize that it is based on their breasts alone, then the esteem goes lower.
It is amazing how we as men are told not to look at their breasts if we want their number, yet, many get implants too big for their frames and wear outlandish cleavage showing shirts---that is beyond gettig attention, it does show a lack of something---furthermore, it had been shown if we as men do the opposite of what is expected to a hot woman, we get rewarded.

This shows that men and women think differently, and yet see things differently as well. Women are more detail oriented, men pretty much see the whole enchilada and don't focus on the details.
Which is one of the reasons why men see a huge muscular dude as a threat or cool, whereas many women are turned off....but, when looking for sex, they seek the above mentioned squared jawed dude, relationship---long term goes to the man who can't attract that many women based on his looks.  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »
Here is the problem with your last statement many studies have been done and show that women will not pick the handsome squared jawed man as a mate---marriage, they will pick the round face doughy looking guy. The reason seems to go that the former is more attractive, therefore having a pick of women, the less attractive man will stay, because he has little options. This means he will be a better provider in a woman's mind...

This shows that men and women think differently, and yet see things differently as well. Women are more detail oriented, men pretty much see the whole enchilada and don't focus on the details.
Which is one of the reasons why men see a huge muscular dude as a threat or cool, whereas many women are turned off....but, when looking for sex, they seek the above mentioned squared jawed dude, relationship---long term goes to the man who can't attract that many women based on his looks.

I read somewhere, and I can't remember where, that women biologically do pick the handsome square jawed man for breeding.  That is the type man whose genes she wants to pass on to her offspring.   Likewise, women biologically do pick the round face doughy looking guy with the engineering degree as well.  That is the type man who will stick by her side, provide for her and her offspring and help her make sure her offspring survives to the point of adulthood.

This can be seen, they said, in real life in some women who first marry "for love", give birth to a strong and healthy baby, then divorce, and finally re-marry "for money."  And it also can be seen in some women who marry "for money" first and then get pregnant, but her round face doughy looking husband is not the father.  The baby looks more like her handsome squared jawed personal trainer.  It's all biological, the "experts" say.     :)

Her priority is neither the handsome squared jawed man nor the round face doughy looking guy.  Her priority is her offspring and nothing else, or so they say.

Women, get implants, yes to get attention from men, but it is also for esteem, the more attention they get the higher their esteem---but then when they realize that it is based on their breasts alone, then the esteem goes lower.
It is amazing how we as men are told not to look at their breasts if we want their number, yet, many get implants too big for their frames and wear outlandish cleavage showing shirts---that is beyond gettig attention, it does show a lack of something---furthermore, it had been shown if we as men do the opposite of what is expected to a hot woman, we get rewarded.

The Tao of Steve     :)

What is the Tao?

Dex christened the Tao after the detached cool exhibited by three Steves of the world, Steve McQueen, Steve Austin from The Six Million Dollar Man, and Steve McGarrett on Hawaii Five-0.

The Tao itself is the philosophy that Dex employs to succeed sexually with women. It consists of three rules:

1. Eliminate your desires.
   2. Do something excellent in her presence, thereby proving your sexual worthiness.
   3. Retreat, for as Martin Heidegger said, "We pursue that which retreats from us".

Or, as Dave later recaps it:

1. Be desireless
   2. Be excellent
   3. Be gone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_of_steve#What_is_the_Tao.3F

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 10:44:55 AM »
The tao of Steve great parker I remember that one.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »
The tao of Steve great parker I remember that one.
Yep, nd I didn't even realize it...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »

We all, and Peter Griffin too, know that women do not want to have sex with anybody, not even other women.  They neither hunger for nor enjoy the sex itself.  Women are such teases.  To them sex is only a means to an end, be it attention, "love", affection, company, security, money, power, having a baby, etc.     :)

Men, on the other hand, hunger for and enjoy sex itself.  It's testosterone I tell you.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »
We all, and Peter Griffin too, know that women do not want to have sex with anybody, not even other women.  They neither hunger for nor enjoy the sex itself.  Women are such teases.  To them sex is only a means to an end, be it attention, "love", affection, company, security, money, power, having a baby, etc.     :)

Men, on the other hand, hunger for and enjoy sex itself.  It's testosterone I tell you.
Women who work out, have higher (natural) test levels than women who don't, and guess what? Their sex drive increases. That's why it's been said that you don't fuck female bbers, they fuck you...because of all the unnatural test running thru them makes them extremely horny.