Author Topic: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP  (Read 58200 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »
Not much more to say. He’s a great athlete but once the magic wears off he’s done. I guess they figure the 3-4 years they get out of him and do some winning is better than what Flacco would give them.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Lamar Jackson is Vince Young 2.0
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
Will have to see him next year.  You give these defensive coordinators a full off season and they just pick these new qb's apart especially running qb's with bad accuracy.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 06:08:50 PM »
Just named starter, we shall see.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
From what I have seen so far, he is head and shoulders better than Vince Young.  Not even close. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 10:47:56 AM »
Vince Young was awesome his rookie year as well.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »

RG 3  too

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »

Vince completed 51.5 percent of his passes as a rookie, with 2199 yards, 12 TDs, and 13 INTs in 13 starts.  Not awesome at all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:28 PM »
RG 3  too

E

RGIII was terrific as a rookie.  Vince Young was not. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 05:12:46 PM »
Football is for the guys who couldn't make the baseball team.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 11:40:03 AM »
RGIII was terrific as a rookie.  Vince Young was not. 

he was rookie of the year

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »
Football is for the guys who couldn't make the baseball team.

more like the basketball team

nobody thinks baseball is cool anymore, even if it would be the smarter choice to play if given the option

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »
he was rookie of the year

E

Who was his competition??  Did you look at his numbers I posted? 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 03:43:59 AM »
We just saw what next year will probably look like for Lamar Jackson.  The defensive schemes LA used against Baltimore in the playoffs will be all Jackson will see next year until he overcomes it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 03:36:18 PM »
Who was his competition??  Did you look at his numbers I posted? 

matt leinart, reggie bush, aj hawk, and the texans d lineman that went number 1 overall whose name escapes me

doesn't matter who the competition was or his numbers, just pointing out the fact he was rookie of the year but you're right those numbers aren't impressive

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »
matt leinart, reggie bush, aj hawk, and the texans d lineman that went number 1 overall whose name escapes me

doesn't matter who the competition was or his numbers, just pointing out the fact he was rookie of the year but you're right those numbers aren't impressive

E

Mario Williams. 

The competition and his numbers provide context.  It's like saying a crappy bodybuilder won his division without mentioning that there were only two other competitors who also looked like crap. 

Regardless, I don't see a hint of Vince Young in Lamar Jackson.  Vince Young wasn't even a great college QB IMO.  He was a beast in the "national championship" game against USC, but didn't have near the ridiculous numbers Jackson had in college.  Nor was he anywhere near as impressive as an NFL rookie. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 03:17:31 AM »
Mario Williams. 

The competition and his numbers provide context.  It's like saying a crappy bodybuilder won his division without mentioning that there were only two other competitors who also looked like crap. 

Regardless, I don't see a hint of Vince Young in Lamar Jackson.  Vince Young wasn't even a great college QB IMO.  He was a beast in the "national championship" game against USC, but didn't have near the ridiculous numbers Jackson had in college.  Nor was he anywhere near as impressive as an NFL rookie. 
Lamar might have looked better in college than Vince but he played for Louisville in a much easier conference.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 10:51:29 AM »
Lamar might have looked better in college than Vince but he played for Louisville in a much easier conference.

He didn't just look better.  He was better.  By a lot.  Go check his numbers.  Off the charts. 

I'm not a big believer in conferences telling me how good a player is.  I believe what I see.  For example, the University of Hawaii doesn't produce many NFL players, especially since June Jones left in 2009, but I know NFL talent when I see it.  Like WR John Ursua.  He will play on Sundays if he can stay healthy. 

Yes the SEC produces the lion's share of NFL players, because the best high school players in the country flock there, but a good player is a good player. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
He didn't just look better.  He was better.  By a lot.  Go check his numbers.  Off the charts. 

I'm not a big believer in conferences telling me how good a player is.  I believe what I see.  For example, the University of Hawaii doesn't produce many NFL players, especially since June Jones left in 2009, but I know NFL talent when I see it.  Like WR John Ursua.  He will play on Sundays if he can stay healthy. 

Yes the SEC produces the lion's share of NFL players, because the best high school players in the country flock there, but a good player is a good player. 
Vince Young had a much better NFL body especially for a scrambler. Lamar Jackson is too skinny for a running QB in the NFL.  His career will be like Robert Griffin lll.  Expect a major injury next season.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
Vince Young had a much better NFL body especially for a scrambler. Lamar Jackson is too skinny for a running QB in the NFL.  His career will be like Robert Griffin lll.  Expect a major injury next season.

Hey I had a disagreement with someone on here about RGIII when he first came out and said I thought he was big enough.  Turned I was dead wrong.  lol 

Despite that, I'll say again that 6-3, 212 is big enough, particularly with the rules protecting today's QBs.  They might as well be wearing skirts.   

Now watch him tear up his knee is week one.  lol

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 02:45:47 PM »
Hey I had a disagreement with someone on here about RGIII when he first came out and said I thought he was big enough.  Turned I was dead wrong.  lol 

Despite that, I'll say again that 6-3, 212 is big enough, particularly with the rules protecting today's QBs.  They might as well be wearing skirts.   

Now watch him tear up his knee is week one.  lol
Yeah, for a QB who is a pocket passer like Tom Brady the rules protect them much more now.  When they leave the pocket they get hurt and the more they run the odds add up.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 03:39:26 PM »
Mario Williams. 

many people have said vince young is the best college player they ever saw, i know lloyd carr is one

i take him over jackson in college every day of the week, jason white had great college numbers too and he won the heisman, numbers aren't everything

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »
Yeah, for a QB who is a pocket passer like Tom Brady the rules protect them much more now.  When they leave the pocket they get hurt and the more they run the odds add up.

I agree although even when they leave the pocket they are not really treated like a running back.  You have to ease up if the QB makes any kind of attempt to slide. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 06:20:55 PM »
many people have said vince young is the best college player they ever saw, i know lloyd carr is one

i take him over jackson in college every day of the week, jason white had great college numbers too and he won the heisman, numbers aren't everything

E

Who are those "many people"?  He's definitely not the best college player I've ever seen.  Not even close.  That would be Barry Sanders, who looked like a video game his last year.  I can think of numerous college players who looked better than Vince Young.    

I agree numbers aren't everything and can be taken out of context, but I watched both of them play.  In this instance, the numbers and the eye test confirm that Jackson was a freak.  Not so much for Vince Young, except for the game against USC where he looked like Super Man.    

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:53 PM »
Who are those "many people"?  He's definitely not the best college player I've ever seen.  Not even close.  That would be Barry Sanders, who looked like a video game his last year.  I can think of numerous college players who looked batter than Vince Young.   

I agree numbers aren't everything and can be taken out of context, but I watched both of them play.  In this instance, the numbers and the eye test confirm that Jackson was a freak.  Not so much for Vince Young, except for the game against USC where he looked like Super Man.     

i assume the only game you watched was the usc game because he looked like a freak in every game, the michigan game where lloyd carr said that was a full year before the usc game

you are the first person i've ever heard claim jackson looked better, young went number 3 overall jackson was the last pick of the first round and even then was considered a reach by most so it's a safe bet the nfl guys agree with me :)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 08:54:06 PM »
i assume the only game you watched was the usc game because he looked like a freak in every game, the michigan game where lloyd carr said that was a full year before the usc game

you are the first person i've ever heard claim jackson looked better, young went number 3 overall jackson was the last pick of the first round and even then was considered a reach by most so it's a safe bet the nfl guys agree with me :)

E

You are the first person I've ever heard claim "many people" believe Vince Young was the greatest player in college football history.  Nonsense.  Outside of the USC game, Vince really didn't touch what Jackson accomplished at Louisville.   

Wait, you're using a player's draft position to determine whether a player was a stud college player?  That is laugh out loud funny.  In the Niners thread you're trying to claim there is no reasonable dispute that Brady is the GOAT. The same Brady who was drafted in the 6th round.  lol  Yeah those "NFL guys" are all over it.   lol