Author Topic: gh15: Greg Kovacs Comeback?  (Read 7123 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: gh15: Greg Kovacs Comeback?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »
LOL.

Are you saying that some people within the bodybuilding industry are dishonest?  ???

Well, let me put it this way: All the ads and campaigning (remember all those MuscleMag news tidbits about some new "wonder" supplement?) were complete well before Paul had even gotten can one of a Muscletech "product" in hand. When he did make that move, he simply had a general supplier throw some generic protein and creatine in plastic tubs and slap a fancy label on them.

I was there; I know. I was assistant editor for MM at the time and Paul was the MuscleMag store manager downstairs from the offices.

Muscletech = the biggest scam in all of bodybuilding supplementation. And this is saying a lot.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »
Saw Kovacs a couple years ago and he was definitely the biggest mofo ive ever seen, with arms bigger than most bodybuilders legs. Guy was beet red and sweating buckets though.

DanKennedy

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
Greg isn't in jail.  He is training clients at Fitness 365 in Toronto.  He will covering the Toronto Pro Show this weekend for Rx.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »
Well, let me put it this way: All the ads and campaigning (remember all those MuscleMag news tidbits about some new "wonder" supplement?) were complete well before Paul had even gotten can one of a Muscletech "product" in hand. When he did make that move, he simply had a general supplier throw some generic protein and creatine in plastic tubs and slap a fancy label on them.

I was there; I know. I was assistant editor for MM at the time and Paul was the MuscleMag store manager downstairs from the offices.

Muscletech = the biggest scam in all of bodybuilding supplementation. And this is saying a lot.

Then you also know that Paul ripped off the formula from Ripped Fuel to use in hydroxycut and in the beginning was simply repackaging old ripped fuel tabs (heard this from a friend who worked in musclemag)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »

Interesting.  I heard that MuscleTech is doing around a quarter billion dollars a year in sales.  Whatever Paul did, it worked.  Plus it seems that all companies are bent to some extent, no?  Not to excuse it, but if that is the case then context is important.  I admit that the early [2000-2001] MuscleTech ads motivated me to train.  I wanted to put on 23 pounds of shredded mass like Greg did.
Bodybuilding Pro.com