Author Topic: RIP - Ultimate Warrior...  (Read 37244 times)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
Re: RIP - Ultimate Warrior...
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2014, 02:53:42 PM »
When you think about how much money a huge pay per view would bring in to the company let alone the packed stadium tickets and shit tons of merchandise sold I don't think asking for 500 k is that damn much lol...look at how much that goofy little Hebrew Mayweather makes for a fight...Hell I've never even seen that little punk get a black eye..

If the wwf made 10 mil off of his main event...500 k is not too much to ask...Hell Cena  has a net worth of fucking 20million..He should be thanking warrior for making vince pay the damn talent.

Got guys sacrificing their health and risking paralyzation daily..

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: May 01, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
Warrior lived his life like a boss.

Didn't kiss anyone's ass.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »
When you think about how much money a huge pay per view would bring in to the company let alone the packed stadium tickets and shit tons of merchandise sold I don't think asking for 500 k is that damn much lol...look at how much that goofy little Hebrew Mayweather makes for a fight...Hell I've never even seen that little punk get a black eye..

If the wwf made 10 mil off of his main event...500 k is not too much to ask...Hell Cena  has a net worth of fucking 20million..He should be thanking warrior for making vince pay the damn talent.

Got guys sacrificing their health and risking paralyzation daily..

Agree

They should've given Warrior what he was worth

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
Fact is, many of Warrior's wrestling peers are jealous that he had the balls to not bend over and allow himself to be used.

And very few of his colleagues would have had the guts to confront him backstage or wherever.

Guy was a beast. No sane human would desire a guy like Warrior to explode all over him in a fit of rage. 

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2014, 05:14:56 PM »
Agree

Really? Half a million for a 20 minute midcard match at Wrestlemania 7? No wrestler in history pulled that type of money for that type of match.
He also wanted private travel and accommodation, a larger percentage of his merchandise sales, to be the highest paid wrestler in the company and to work a limited number of days per year. Oh and to have creative control over his character. And if his demands were not met he would not show up for Summerslam 91, when he had been advertised in the main event for months. Vince gave in and paid his money for WM 7 and after Summerslam he suspended him.

Warrior was truly a man who lived by his own code and rules. You have to respect him for that. Of all the wrestlers who have fallen out with Vince over the years (there have been MANY) Warrior was one of the few who refused to give in and "come crawling back" (Macho Man and Bret Hart come to mind as others who stood up to Vince and didn't let him use them up).

But you also can not blame those who criticised and severed ties with Warrior in the past. Like I said, he went down in my estimation when he referred to Droz, who was paralysed for life in the ring, as "the cripple". Vince McMahon is not a man who is going to let somebody run all over him and tell him what to do. It was a clash of two egomaniacs and as far as prowrestling goes, Vince is the one who always has the final say whether you like it or not.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
Really? Half a million for a 20 minute midcard match at Wrestlemania 7? No wrestler in history pulled that type of money for that type of match.
He also wanted private travel and accommodation, a larger percentage of his merchandise sales, to be the highest paid wrestler in the company and to work a limited number of days per year. Oh and to have creative control over his character. And if his demands were not met he would not show up for Summerslam 91, when he had been advertised in the main event for months. Vince gave in and paid his money for WM 7 and after Summerslam he suspended him.

Warrior was truly a man who lived by his own code and rules. You have to respect him for that. Of all the wrestlers who have fallen out with Vince over the years (there have been MANY) Warrior was one of the few who refused to give in and "come crawling back" (Macho Man and Bret Hart come to mind as others who stood up to Vince and didn't let him use them up).

But you also can not blame those who criticised and severed ties with Warrior in the past. Like I said, he went down in my estimation when he referred to Droz, who was paralysed for life in the ring, as "the cripple". Vince McMahon is not a man who is going to let somebody run all over him and tell him what to do. It was a clash of two egomaniacs and as far as prowrestling goes, Vince is the one who always has the final say whether you like it or not.

Vince should have listened to Warrior.

He would have made that back , and a boatload more money in short succession.

Bad investment not keeping Warrior during that time.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2014, 06:20:18 PM »
Vince should have listened to Warrior.

He would have made that back , and a boatload more money in short succession.

Bad investment not keeping Warrior during that time.

No, Warrior did come back in 1992. And then the steroid scandal hit. Warrior was fired for failing a drugs test and many of the big 80's steroid guys disappeared from WWF. Warrior and British Bulldog were made scapegoats (apparently McMahon singled them out because they were using growth hormone). But it was truly the end of that era. Hogan shrunk and left for WCW. Hogan, Warrior, Bulldog, Warlord, Legion of Doom, Texas Tornado, Sid Justice all were released during 92 as part of WWF trying to change its image when it came under scrutiny for steroid use. That's when the Bret Harts and Shawn Michaels started to replace the muscle guys from the 80s.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2014, 06:39:04 PM »

The only thing I can really say to this end is this (tl;dr by the way) :

I am not a wrasslin fan and never really was, I would have sleepovers with my cousin when were like 4-6 years old and he was big on wrasslin so we would watch the big shows on those weekends...

My point is this...From those few memories I have of wrasslin I only remember even being remotely interested when The Ultimate Warrior came sprinting out and flipping the fuck out in promos...

Listen to a Warrior promo..He is basically a 5 year old on a shit load of Mountain Dew just saying words lol...It's fucking AWESOME LOL!!

There were the gimmicks, heavy on the infighting, story lines, drama - that played to the skinny fat, balding, middle aged men (sad) that were all about that shit, obsessed....And then there were gimmicks that actually played to (in my opinion) the target audience...4-10 year old boys...lol.  

Warrior was what, if I was to be a pro wrassler, at age 5 I would have acted just like Warrior lol, no real technical skill, just sprint in there and fucking body slam someone and pound my chest, then run around more and get the fuck out of there lol. That is why he is SO popular...Little kids took one look at him and FORCED their dad to take them to the events, buy the t-shirts, buy the hotdogs and cokes, and buy the pay-per-views at all the sleepovers..And that is why it is us 25 year olds talking about his death, because we were 6 when he was king lol...

In a way he was a big indicator of the "ADHD" type society that started to evolve out of the early 90s. Where now all the 20-30 year olds I know have the attention span of a meth'd out 5 year old, everything has to be NOW NOW NOW and ACTION ACTION ACTION or we will just flip to another website, or another show, or whatever for that constant action. Warrior was the Human Incarnation of "ADHD" ROFL..

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2014, 10:59:07 PM »
Well put.  For us kids, watching the story line and bs wasnt nearly as cool and the Warrior running down the flight and destroying his opponent then to disappear and not be heard of again until the next time your parents let you watch a little TV. 

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2014, 12:07:12 AM »
Well put.  For us kids, watching the story line and bs wasnt nearly as cool and the Warrior running down the flight and destroying his opponent then to disappear and not be heard of again until the next time your parents let you watch a little TV. 

ROFL EXACTLY!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2014, 02:51:18 AM »
Agree

Anything is only worth as much as you can get for it. If the best price you can get is less than you feel whatever you have is worth, then what you have isn't worth as much as you believe it is.

If UW thought he deserved a higher salary, then he should have gone and worked for someone else who was willing to pay it. The simple fact is he couldn't find that, which relegated his perceived self worth to the level of delusional.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2014, 01:33:09 PM »

;D