Author Topic: California is totally F % & K E D under Democrats  (Read 29819 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
Re: California is totally F % & K E D under Democrats
« Reply #350 on: January 22, 2024, 10:50:28 AM »
In other words you can't be bothered to read it, Facts hurt, huh?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/12/23/trump-biden-us-economy-compared/

More than willing to read it.

Just don't want to sign up for the Washington Post.

Just copy and paste it here, unless you're not willing to discuss.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #351 on: January 22, 2024, 11:24:16 AM »
Citing crime, In-N-Out announces closure of Oakland restaurant
Updated on: January 22, 2024
https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/citing-crime-in-n-out-announces-closure-oakland-restaurant/

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #352 on: January 22, 2024, 03:44:58 PM »

He can't copy/paste it here, he won't give that liberal rag his email either. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #353 on: January 22, 2024, 03:55:20 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/citing-crime-in-n-out-announces-closure-oakland-restaurant/

I spent several days in the Oakland area last February.  The Enterprise rep was very clear that I shouldn't leave ANYTHING in the rental, lest it invite a break-in.  He said that they have 30 or more car break-ins every month.

I made a few wrong turns there & can only describe it as like Bartertown in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: January 22, 2024, 04:00:00 PM »
In other words you can't be bothered to read it, Facts hurt, huh?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/12/23/trump-biden-us-economy-compared/

Just so you know, not everyone wants to buy a $40 subscription to the Washington Post. Without a subscription, it cannot be read. If you really want folks to read it, why not send them gift subscriptions?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #355 on: January 22, 2024, 05:29:43 PM »
This is so messed up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: January 22, 2024, 08:07:47 PM »
I spent several days in the Oakland area last February.  The Enterprise rep was very clear that I shouldn't leave ANYTHING in the rental, lest it invite a break-in.  He said that they have 30 or more car break-ins every month.

I made a few wrong turns there & can only describe it as like Bartertown in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

That's crazy because I had the same experience.  I've been all over the US, including Oakland.  Many years ago I was going to a meeting, I made a wrong turn and wound up in "the hood."  I swear it actually felt and looked like the clouds suddenly covered up the sun.  I did not stop.  lol 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2024, 11:49:54 AM »
That's crazy because I had the same experience.  I've been all over the US, including Oakland.  Many years ago I was going to a meeting, I made a wrong turn and wound up in "the hood."  I swear it actually felt and looked like the clouds suddenly covered up the sun.  I did not stop.  lol

Same here, in the early '80s I flew to New York to drive my mom back to Oregon. While leaving Washington Heights - Little Dominican Republic area of NYC on I-95 and approaching the Washington Bridge, she asked me to pull off the highway because she needed to use a restroom. I refused because looking from the HWY it appeared all the buildings were nothing more than gutted shells. The view was otherworldly and scary. I doubt we would have found an open McDonalds or other fast food restaurant with a restroom. I read that Washington Heights, NY is a vibrant neighborhood today.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2024, 01:05:31 PM »

As you wrote, “many years ago.” 

It’s really gone to shit since.  There were RVs on blocks running generators, various pieces of furniture in the middle of the road, and fires burning in steel drums. 

The hotel where I stayed in 2001 was now surrounded by a high fence, and a guard was on duty at the parking lot entrance 24/7, asking for your room number.

We went to Denny’s for dinner, and the parking lot was almost empty.  We were one of two customers, and the prices were 15-20% higher than here in Riverside County. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2024, 01:40:22 PM »
Same here, in the early '80s I flew to New York to drive my mom back to Oregon. While leaving Washington Heights - Little Dominican Republic area of NYC on I-95 and approaching the Washington Bridge, she asked me to pull off the highway because she needed to use a restroom. I refused because looking from the HWY it appeared all the buildings were nothing more than gutted shells. The view was otherworldly and scary. I doubt we would have found an open McDonalds or other fast food restaurant with a restroom. I read that Washington Heights, NY is a vibrant neighborhood today.

I grew up in the Heights and don’t recall gutted buildings in the area.  Maybe you passed through the South Bronx?  Parts of the SB looked like early 80s Beirut – see the Paul Newman film Fort Apache, The Bronx.  Also, some areas of Harlem at the time.

Over the years different neighborhoods took on different names.  There was no Little Dominican Republic when I was growing up.  Now one section of Washington Heights is called Hudson Heights.  Slice and dice.

Trivia: It’s called Washington Heights because George Washington had a fort, which is now a park (across the street from my apartment), that is the highest natural point in Manhattan – 265 feet above sea level.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2024, 04:26:11 PM »
I grew up in the Heights and don’t recall gutted buildings in the area.  Maybe you passed through the South Bronx?  Parts of the SB looked like early 80s Beirut – see the Paul Newman film Fort Apache, The Bronx.  Also, some areas of Harlem at the time.

Over the years different neighborhoods took on different names.  There was no Little Dominican Republic when I was growing up.  Now one section of Washington Heights is called Hudson Heights.  Slice and dice.

Trivia: It’s called Washington Heights because George Washington had a fort, which is now a park (across the street from my apartment), that is the highest natural point in Manhattan – 265 feet above sea level.

Your memory is undoubtably better than mine. I just remember my mom's request came just prior getting on the Washington Bridge. She was living in Queens with her longtime lover and eventual 3rd husband.

The buildings in the YouTube video of the South Bronx you posted are what I remember seeing. The windows had no glass just gaping holes where the windows once were.

Since The Little Dominican Republic wasn't founded/named until 2018, so it obviously was not in existence in the early '80s.

My uncle Bill and aunt Dorothy lived in Bronxville, NY. 15 miles from NYC. As you can see,  it is nothing like the Bronx or South Bronx.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2024, 04:32:24 PM »
I'd suggest the rest of the country cut Commiefornia off, let us wallow in the filth and violence the democrats have created until the dust has settled. CA is the hemorrhoid of the US.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2024, 06:00:19 PM »
Your memory is undoubtably better than mine. I just remember my mom's request came just prior getting on the Washington Bridge. She was living in Queens with her longtime lover and eventual 3rd husband.

The buildings in the YouTube video of the South Bronx you posted are what I remember seeing. The windows had no glass just gaping holes where the windows once were.

Since The Little Dominican Republic wasn't founded/named until 2018, so it obviously was not in existence in the early '80s.

My uncle Bill and aunt Dorothy lived in Bronxville, NY. 15 miles from NYC. As you can see,  it is nothing like the Bronx or South Bronx.

95 cuts through the top of the South Bronx, and then it's 3,500 feet across Manhattan to the George Washington Bridge.  You probably saw the SB mess and associated it with Washington Heights.

IIRC, after crossing the Harlem River into Manhattan, much of 95 is enclosed or underground. 

Memories...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2024, 08:11:05 PM »
I'd suggest the rest of the country cut Commiefornia off, let us wallow in the filth and violence the democrats have created until the dust has settled. CA is the hemorrhoid of the US.

The thread title is really accurate. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: January 23, 2024, 08:42:44 PM »
When I rented an apt in NYC I bought and installed a window AC unit.  After I bought an apt I installed multiple window units.  It's what adults do for comfort, and no law or ordinance was needed.

Specific to LA:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-01-23/los-angeles-county-looks-to-require-units-stay-cool-during-summer#:~:text=Los%20Angeles%20County's%20supervisors%20want,across%20much%20of%20the%20county.

L.A. County looks to require rental units to stay cool in summer

This winter, renters in frigid Los Angeles apartments have some ammo when they complain to their landlord about busted heating and drafty rooms: Legally speaking, rental units aren’t supposed to dip below a balmy 70 degrees.

Come summer, there are no such protections for the reverse issue: stifling, air-conditioning-less homes. The county has no maximum temperature for rental units, an issue advocates say leaves vulnerable renters sweltering in the hot months as California grapples with the effects of climate change and extreme heat.
Los Angeles County’s supervisors want to change that. On Tuesday, the board voted to direct staff to start drafting an ordinance that would set a maximum temperature for rental units across much of the county. Supervisor Kathryn Barger cast the sole no vote.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #366 on: January 24, 2024, 02:04:05 PM »
Facts.

LOL stupid tard. Obviously failed economics. Basement dweller in mommy and daddies house.
T

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: January 24, 2024, 05:17:11 PM »
Idiot!
You know you're fucked up when even Prime is calling a comrade an idiot. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2024, 05:32:01 PM »
You know you're fucked up when even Prime is calling a comrade an idiot. ;D

lol  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
Y

Rmj11

• Getbig IV

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2024, 07:54:41 AM »
Facts can never be ignored.

Y

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2024, 04:53:09 PM »
Moderators, please control your forum
I'm afraid if Rimjob11 is given a break half of the board will stop posting.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2024, 06:51:03 PM »
24/7 GPS tracking of your location.  Seems like an invasion of privacy.  :P >:(

https://www.sfchronicle.com/california/article/car-speed-governors-bill-18624126.php

California could require car ‘governors’ that limit speeding to 10 mph over posted limits

California would become the first state to require new vehicles be equipped with speed governors — technology that limits how fast they can be driven — under legislation by San Francisco state Sen. Scott Wiener.

The bill, introduced Wednesday, would require cars and trucks of the 2027 model year or later that are built or sold in California to include speed governors that would prohibit motorists from driving more than 10 mph over posted speed limits.

The legislation aims to address the epidemic of traffic deaths in the Bay Area and California, Wiener said. Traffic fatalities rose during the pandemic in San Francisco and nationwide, and speed factors in about a third of traffic deaths across the country, according to the National Safety Council. The National Highway Safety Administration estimated more than 40,000 traffic fatalities in 2022.