Author Topic: Very interesting Christian view on industry, government and democracy.  (Read 4303 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Very interesting Christian view on industry, government and democracy.
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »
later on I'll move this to religion but i'll leave it here for a bit to hopefullly get some more comments.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
later on I'll move this to religion but i'll leave it here for a bit to hopefullly get some more comments.

There are times when religion and politics overlap.  One world government is today as much a political issue as it is a religious issue, in my opinion.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »
That's basically what this baptist minister says capitalists ARE guilty of.   

Interesting topic, I really never new there was a christian movement like this in America, especially back then.

I've heard of this, especially black liberation theology, back in college (I graduated from an HBCU). I just didn't know there was a name associated with it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 08:08:20 AM »
If you all have more to add, please do!!!

I want to do more serious research into all of this.  When I posted this stuff, it was as I was reading it for the first time.  I'm discovering parts of America that I didn't know about before and that's always fun.  We all know the history channel is to busy with lame ass shows so gotta do it yourself :D

Anybody with more thoughts on the christian angle, that would be great.  I really want to hear from them.  No judgements, I'm just going to listen.  

1. Why would christians support a one world government in the period between 1840 and 1910?  I'm finding many that did back then and that wouldn't be as easy a task in the present time.

2. in my original post in this thread, this guy was not entirely alone in his thinking and there is a history of it in Christianity that goes back before America was around.  We all know about the christians that dumped anything material in their service to god.  What do you all think about that, about what this guy is saying in relation to the religion and the system we live in?

Again, I don't really want to argue, mainly just want to listen to what you all have to add? thanks...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 07:57:50 AM »
20 The young man said to him, "All these I have observed; what do I still lack?"
21 Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."
22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful; for h he had great possessions. And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
 ;D ;D ;D

Hi whork! :)  What is your view of the point and context of these verses?

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 08:12:51 AM »
Great posts by loco and MCWAY in this thread.

. We should be shocked to find a teacher or preacher or missionary who chose his line of work for the sake of income and riches. But we expect a man to engage in business for this one end only. We do not expect men to be unselfish in their commercial life. We are flatly told, in fact, that to take away the hope of large money gains from men is to cut the nerve of effort. It is assumed that selfishness and self-interest must be the fundamental principles of economic action.

This guy makes many assumptions that are incorrect for a lot of people.

"Corporate giving rose 5.5% in 2009 to $14.4 billion."

"98% of high net worth households give to charity."

"81% of high net worth donors cite “giving back to the community” as a chief motivation for giving."

"81% of high net worth donors give to organizations that provide for basic needs, while 78% donate to education and 68% to both health and religious organizations."

More here:  http://www.npt.org/philanthropy/philanthropy_stats.asp

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 08:17:09 AM »

1. Why would christians support a one world government in the period between 1840 and 1910?  I'm finding many that did back then and that wouldn't be as easy a task in the present time.

2. in my original post in this thread, this guy was not entirely alone in his thinking and there is a history of it in Christianity that goes back before America was around.  We all know about the christians that dumped anything material in their service to god.  What do you all think about that, about what this guy is saying in relation to the religion and the system we live in?

Again, I don't really want to argue, mainly just want to listen to what you all have to add? thanks...

1. I have no idea

2. Personally I think the guy is misguided and could learn something from loco and MCWAY by reading this thread.
R

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »
If you all have more to add, please do!!!

I want to do more serious research into all of this.  When I posted this stuff, it was as I was reading it for the first time.  I'm discovering parts of America that I didn't know about before and that's always fun.  We all know the history channel is to busy with lame ass shows so gotta do it yourself :D

Anybody with more thoughts on the christian angle, that would be great.  I really want to hear from them.  No judgements, I'm just going to listen.  

1. Why would christians support a one world government in the period between 1840 and 1910?  I'm finding many that did back then and that wouldn't be as easy a task in the present time.

2. in my original post in this thread, this guy was not entirely alone in his thinking and there is a history of it in Christianity that goes back before America was around.  We all know about the christians that dumped anything material in their service to god.  What do you all think about that, about what this guy is saying in relation to the religion and the system we live in?

Thanks for this Hugo, interesting as hell!

You really should start a blog, for things like this, silence of the lambs, stuff on Freemasonry and all this awesome stuff you investigate.