Author Topic: Where the flip is my thread?  (Read 12083 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Where the flip is my thread?
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »
The primary trait, and the one that actually matters is lack of body language and empathy. Essentially were all a mixture of the t1000, patrick bateman, and commander spock. We have emotions and desires but no way to communicate them.

It`s not even a bad thing, it`s the stigma, that assumes were all like rainman is the problem. I`m social I just don`t pick up on emotional content, therefore I get bored easily when around others. To keep it simple I`m all man. A fellow conservative as yourself should get this, emotions are for liberal soft types.

BINGO

I'm 99% sure I've got aspergers, I've been researching this for years.  I've scheduled some appointments (in the last few days) to get a professionals opinion and I'll report back.

I think you should know though, that just because you have aspergers you don't have to act like a sensitive bitch (no offense).  You should actually be just the opposite?

MikMaq

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2012, 12:27:08 PM »
BINGO

I'm 99% sure I've got aspergers, I've been researching this for years.  I've scheduled some appointments (in the last few days) to get a professionals opinion and I'll report back.

I think you should know though, that just because you have aspergers you don't have to act like a sensitive bitch (no offense).  You should actually be just the opposite?
I`d think you`d be surprise by how insensitive I am in real life. People mistake my overreacting to stuff as a emotional sensitivity. I simply don`t like poor facts and bad information it`s not an personal thing. People here still think of me as lundgrenisgod, when I was suffering from a sleep disorder, I`ve moved on, and much more emotionally stable.

But I do agree that the problem with as is the lack of appropriate role models. Ours traits are very much the ugly duckling type. We shouldn`t try to emulate charismatic people, we should try to emulate those who are impartial, not emotional, and consistent. This is why it`s such an identity issue. In short we come across as socially children, and we need to skip that in between stage and move on to direct maturity.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »
I`d think you`d be surprise by how insensitive I am in real life. People mistake my overreacting to stuff as a emotional sensitivity. I simply don`t like poor facts and bad information it`s not an personal thing. People here still think of me as lundgrenisgod, when I was suffering from a sleep disorder, I`ve moved on, and much more emotionally stable.

But I do agree that the problem with as is the lack of appropriate role models. Ours traits are very much the ugly duckling type. We shouldn`t try to emulate charismatic people, we should try to emulate those who are impartial, not emotional, and consistent. This is why it`s such an identity issue. In short we come across as socially children, and we need to skip that in between stage and move on to direct maturity.

I don't understand what you're saying here completely.  I think I'm gifted in the fact that I'm good at acting the part (if I care enough).  My biggest issue is that I want to be a natural, and I want to be interested in the things normal people are interested in.  

If I have friends over for example.  I end up doing my own thing, but enjoying the fact that I'm providing an environment where they can have a good time together.  I can't be a good friend, or have any kind of relationship, but I can put on a pretty damn good act if I have the desire.

I'm extremely gifted in certain areas, that I believe can be attributed to Aspergers.