Author Topic: Anyone used to smoke and became succesful non-smokers?  (Read 2271 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Anyone used to smoke and became succesful non-smokers?
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:12:41 PM »
? lets hear it

im sick right now and i can feel a power arising to quit smoking for good. i can feel a desired sensation, i got like 10 packs of winston in the house, gonna throw it away as well as all the lighters, the supersmoker and my tabacco making equipment.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Any getbiggers that used to smoke and became succesful non-smokers?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »
smoke all 10 packs and then quit, if you chuck them out it's a waste of money.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 02:16:59 PM »
smoke all 10 packs and then quit, if you chuck them out it's a waste of money.

ill give it all to my dad.

anyway gonna smoke me one more now to reflect the new belief.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »
Smoking is tough break some people can go cold turkey but most cant

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »
I quit about ten years ago. I used nicotine patches for a couple of weeks and found them helpful, but it was mostly mental - I wanted to quit, so I did. Now I can barely stand to be anywhere near tobacco smoke.
A

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »
quit cold turkey after i got out of the military.......

still smell them sometimes and crave the fuck out of em'

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »
Winstons?  Did you cry when Jr. died?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
"pellius" and "jimmyjam1974" are pretty addicted to smoking pole.  They've tried to quit a lot of times but they always fall off the wagon and end up sucking cock for free behind the blue oyster bar every saturday night.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 02:20:38 AM »
"pellius" and "jimmyjam1974" are pretty addicted to smoking pole.  They've tried to quit a lot of times but they always fall off the wagon and end up sucking cock for free behind the blue oyster bar every saturday night.
LOL  :D

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 02:22:24 AM »
Cold turkey is the best, just get your mind right and do it.
17 years now 

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 02:24:18 AM »
Isīnt it when you sop smoking that the side effects start to come? Thats why I keep at it.
MIRAGETROPIN

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 06:49:28 AM »

Cue Pellius with a 10,000 page greatly detailed meltdown manifesto calling you a wretched, horribly twisted individual
A

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 11:52:14 AM »
I smoked for 10+ years & I quit for good back in 98. was the first time I tried to quit and I went cold turkey. There were alot of behaviors that I associated with smoking..that included drinking and going out partying, laying in the sun, drinking coffee, to name a few. Smoking during those activities seemed like 2nd nature. I figured, why make this harder than it has to be...I had to give up all of those things for a few years, because the cigarette cravings were so strong it took the joy out of it. I would say the biggest thing that helped me quit was just getting into a fitness lifestyle at the time. Everytime a craving would hit me i'd go sprint a few miles down the road until I wanted to puke..let me tell you at the end of the run, the last thing I wanted was a smoke. That got me through some seemingly unbearabale moments with the addiction.

It was hell for the first several months, but well worth the effort..now it doesnt appeal to me whatsoever. The smell (especially on clothes!!!)makes me sick. Id say it took about 5-7 years for the cravings to completely go away.

Allowing myself to become obsessive about training made quitting that much easier too. I guess I traded one addiction for another, but in a positive way.

Good luck!  :)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »
I smoked for 10+ years & I quit for good back in 98. was the first time I tried to quit and I went cold turkey. There were alot of behaviors that I associated with smoking..that included drinking and going out partying, laying in the sun, drinking coffee, to name a few. Smoking during those activities seemed like 2nd nature. I figured, why make this harder than it has to be...I had to give up all of those things for a few years, because the cigarette cravings were so strong it took the joy out of it. I would say the biggest thing that helped me quit was just getting into a fitness lifestyle at the time. Everytime a craving would hit me i'd go sprint a few miles down the road until I wanted to puke..let me tell you at the end of the run, the last thing I wanted was a smoke. That got me through some seemingly unbearabale moments with the addiction.

It was hell for the first several months, but well worth the effort..now it doesnt appeal to me whatsoever. The smell (especially on clothes!!!)makes me sick. Id say it took about 5-7 years for the cravings to completely go away.

Allowing myself to become obsessive about training made quitting that much easier too. I guess I traded one addiction for another, but in a positive way.

Good luck!  :)

Yes ofcourse, you need something to replace the old habit, it makes it much easier.

I tried to quit a couple of times lasted for a cople of weeks at most, but then again i was on antidepressant back then and not strong enough to quit.
I smoked for 4 and haf years now anything from 18 to 40 cig a day. 20 a day avarage.  Today i smoked only 3 for good ol times. Im sick anyway got the fly at home so its a good time to quit now. I did drink coffee a couple of hours ago and t my surprise didnt crave cig after it like i thaught i would. I will replace the smoking habit with chewing gym should be enough with thaughts manipulations.

I actually enjoy the psycho feeling i get for craving a cig right now,  i even want to enjoy it, dont want to fight the urge cause thats a lost battle.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »

No one has more post regarding gay sex than you. Your obsession with other men shows your frustrated homosexuality. Lose weight and maybe you'll get more gay sex.

And now I see you have another target in jimmyjam. And what did he do to you? I bet nothing. But you do it anyway because you can hide behind a computer. You are a coward, have no sense of honor and probably the only person on this board that is truly vile and evil.

The world will be a better place the day that you die.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone used to smoke and became succesful non-smokers?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »
I'm over 4 years without a cigarette after years of one or two packs of Marlboro's per day.  I have accomplished this using this product:

http://www.smokeaway.com/

This product will work if you diligently follow all of it's components.  The cravings will be reduced immediately and completely gone within two weeks.
(

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »
my dad, grandma, and both grandfathers did it cold turkey and never smoked again.
A

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 09:06:45 PM »
No one has more post regarding gay sex than you. Your obsession with other men shows your frustrated homosexuality. Lose weight and maybe you'll get more gay sex.

And now I see you have another target in jimmyjam. And what did he do to you? I bet nothing. But you do it anyway because you can hide behind a computer. You are a coward, have no sense of honor and probably the only person on this board that is truly vile and evil.

The world will be a better place the day that you die.

hahaha!!!!  You are the biggest queer and stalker on this site.  I should post those two PMs you sent me while I wasn't logged in for over a week lately...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »
I'm over 4 years without a cigarette after years of one or two packs of Marlboro's per day.  I have accomplished this using this product:

http://www.smokeaway.com/

This product will work if you diligently follow all of it's components.  The cravings will be reduced immediately and completely gone within two weeks.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/ftc_smokeaway.html

Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »
? lets hear it

im sick right now and i can feel a power arising to quit smoking for good. i can feel a desired sensation, i got like 10 packs of winston in the house, gonna throw it away as well as all the lighters, the supersmoker and my tabacco making equipment.

Throw on a nicotine patch and you wont need to smoke.  The addiction is to the nicotine, and the nicotine itself is far less harmfull than the smoke-laden delivery system you're currently using.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »

Throw on a nicotine patch and you wont need to smoke.  The addiction is to the nicotine, and the nicotine itself is far less harmfull than the smoke-laden delivery system you're currently using.

I smoke about a pack a day, and I don't think the nicotine is the problem per se.  It's that I associate certain behaviors with cigarettes.  Drinking, have a smoke, wake up, have a smoke, etc.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
I smoke about a pack a day, and I don't think the nicotine is the problem per se.  It's that I associate certain behaviors with cigarettes.  Drinking, have a smoke, wake up, have a smoke, etc.

It's a bigger part of the problem than you probably realize. That's why nicotine replacments works...  it keeps you from having to deal with both physical withdrawl and mental habit-breaking at the same time.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 10:22:28 PM »

It's a bigger part of the problem than you probably realize. That's why nicotine replacments works...  it keeps you from having to deal with both physical withdrawl and mental habit-breaking at the same time.

Yeah, its just incredibly hard to see myself not smoking anymore.  I guess I don't have a reason to quit right now.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 03:12:07 AM »
hahaha!!!!  You are the biggest queer and stalker on this site.  I should post those two PMs you sent me while I wasn't logged in for over a week lately...

I've never PMed you you lying bastard. Didn't you make up some PM and claimed Method sent it to you?

Compare my posts to yours and see who's the biggest (and fattest) queer. Your posts are overwhelmingly preoccupied with faggotry. You sound like you were molested as a child.

Please die already.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 03:14:10 AM »
my dad was a fervent smoker but one day he threw it all away to never smoke again. now hes very anti.