Author Topic: Strikforce - Props to Silva  (Read 8390 times)

che

• Getbig V
Strikforce - Props to Silva
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:24:12 PM »
Stop crying bitches ,give this man his props , he dominated.

5. Fedor Emelianenko vs Antonio Silva in a Quarterfinal Fight in the Strikeforce World Grand Prix Heavyweight Tournament

Round One: Fedor came out swinging for the fences in the opening twenty seconds of the fight throwing his famous overhand right. Silva seemed tentative in the opening minute and looked to counter strike. At 1:10 Silva clinched Fedor up against the cage and leaned on him, using his approximate fifty pound fight-time weight differential to his advantage. Referee Dan Miragliotta forced the fighters to separate due to a lack of action with 3:20 left in the fight.

Following the separation, Fedor began throwing wild punching combinations that he did not seem to set up, just a ready-set-throw type mentality. Very strange for a fighter who has been touted as the best in the world and very cerebral. Silva answered the combos by Fedor with some big counter punches to the head. Silva again pressed Fedor up against the cage with 2:25 remaining. Silva was more active so that the ref would not step in and break them up quickly like he did earlier in the round.

With 1:50 left in the round, Silva attempted to lift up Fedor and slam him down but was unable to due to Fedor having a standing guillotine choke applied. The submission hold led to Silva being the one to be taken down. Fedor immediately jumped to half guard on top of Silva. Silva attempted to lock in a heel lock from his back but was unable to cinch it in, but did cause Fedor to get back to his feet. Fedor again jumped to half guard.

With a minute left, Fedor landed a half a dozen punches before attempting a kimura that he was unable to lock in and both fighters were back on their feet with fifty-five seconds left. Silva again pressed Fedor back up against the cage and leaned on him. With twenty seconds left, Silva backed off, got the better of Fedor in a punching exchange, and scored a takedown with ten seconds left, closing out the round on top of Fedor.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Props to Silva
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:26:19 PM »
And he was humble about it, bowing to Fedor, showed alot of class.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »
You could see how scared he got at first when fedor tried to ko him lol.

he gets my props but didnt do Great. Got mount a bunch of times and even though hes 280 pounds Wioth a BJJ blackbelt he didnt manage to stop fedor, got a armtriangle Deep and didnt stop him, got a kneebar and didnt stop him, And he gassed and got lucky when they stopped it.

besides that he gets props  ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
And he was humble about it, bowing to Fedor, showed alot of class.

I agree

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »

he gets my props but didnt do Great. Got mount a bunch of times and even though hes 280 pounds Wioth a BJJ blackbelt he didnt manage to stop fedor, got a armtriangle Deep and didnt stop him, got a kneebar and didnt stop him, And he gassed and got lucky when they stopped it.

QFT

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »
Hey, I have no problem with him winning, nice guy, big heart and very humble! Good for him!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »
dude has been a top 10 hw in my book since the eliet xe days...like i said could whoop 80-90% of the hw in the UFC so don't act like dude is some chump...
DAWG

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »

Yeah ,he was terrified  ::)

spinnis

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
QFT

he even had fedor flattnened out a FEW times and fedor still somehow survived it.

fedor surviving was more impressive then silva winning imo.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »
he even had fedor flattnened out a FEW times and fedor still somehow survived it.

fedor surviving was more impressive then silva winning imo.

Hahaha

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:57 PM »
Hahaha

did you miss the pillows during this fight? be honest  ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 09:36:52 PM »
did you miss the pillows during this fight? be honest  ;D
Nah ,I enjoyed the fight.

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 09:37:58 PM »
Nah ,I enjoyed the fight.

just playi'n homie

do you think it was the the reach advantage which lead to silva keeping a good distance that saved him in the first? couldnt really see if anything connected

saved might be the wrong word but you understand, Potentially saved

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »
just playi'n homie

do you think it was the the reach advantage which lead to silva keeping a good distance that saved him in the first? couldnt really see if anything connected

saved might be the wrong word but you understand, Potentially saved
Fedor was swinging away and Silva punched him right in the mug, Fedor stepped back and was like WTF? I think that was a changing point in the confidence.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »
Fedor was swinging away and Silva punched him right in the mug, Fedor stepped back and was like WTF? I think that was a changing point in the confidence.

he had thrown alot of punches before that though, fedor just resetted and went at it again?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 09:44:54 PM »
just playi'n homie

His boxing  technique is better than Fedor's  ,Fedor is faster an unpredictable but wild and sloppy. I think if they fight again it could go the other way.

spinnis

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »
His boxing  technique is better than Fedor's  ,Fedor is faster an unpredictable but wild and sloppy. I think if they fight again it could go the other way.

Im thinking it might have connected if silva wasn't so damn far away due to knowing that he could reach him even from a distance

I wish I had longer reach =(

do you know any boxers with normal if not even "bad" reach?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »
he had thrown alot of punches before that though, fedor just resetted and went at it again?
Yeah but when you're swinging away and a dude comes in between your shots and hits you in the face? LOL That's "shocking" to say the least.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

spinnis

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »
Yeah but when you're swinging away and a dude comes in between your shots and hits you in the face? LOL That's "shocking" to say the least.

and you have to reset  ;D

fedor was going for it though to say the least.

I wish he would have connected  :'(

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
Im thinking it might have connected if silva wasn't so damn far away due to knowing that he could reach him even from a distance

That's where the technique comes into play.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 09:53:02 PM »
Fedor is my favorite MMA fighter of all time but he got beat fair and square

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »
calling it quits is probably a good thing now, there is no point in continueing and beating up lesser opponents (which im sure he still can without a problem)

fedor has been in the fighting game for a LONG ass time. People forget hes been competing and dominating in sambo since 1997.

...would be cool to se him at 202 just for the heck of it lol.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
calling it quits is probably a good thing now, there is no point in continueing and beating up lesser opponents (which im sure he still can without a problem)

fedor has been in the fighting game for a LONG ass time. People forget hes been competing and dominating in sambo since 1997.

...would be cool to se him at 202 just for the heck of it lol.

I disagree,,,its up to him but i see him having 2-3 more years...now andre avrloski on the other hand needs to hang it up...
DAWG

spinnis

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
I disagree,,,its up to him but i see him having 2-3 more years...now andre avrloski on the other hand needs to hang it up...

its not that he Couldn't..

but he has family now and young kids, he has done it all, and even though not maby the last few years but is imo the greatest ever (his prime is better then anyone elses prime)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
its not that he Couldn't..

but he has family now and young kids, he has done it all, and even though not maby the last few years but is imo the greatest ever (his prime is better then anyone elses prime)

I agree we will never see another HW fighter win that many times in a row without losing...but unless he's made enough $ to last him and his kids the rest off there lives then he should fight for as long as he can still compete...
DAWG