Author Topic: keith jardine(contains ufc 66 spoiler about his fight)  (Read 3461 times)

dootle

• Getbig II
keith jardine(contains ufc 66 spoiler about his fight)
« on: January 01, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »
as much as i hate to admit,i knew he was going to win(i don't like keith or diego)..not only did he win, he also made Forrest cry...Man,,he really is the "dean of mean"..

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Re: keith jardine(contains ufc 66 spoiler about his fight)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »
The reason it's such an "upset" is b/c Forrest is a bigger name.  IMO, Jardine got screwed in the Bonnar decision.  On paper, they were equally matched.  I do hate it for Griffin; he was probably a fight away from a title shot.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 07:05:22 PM »
Jackson/Winklethorn camp is putting out some really good fighters. 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 02:59:29 AM »
Isn't Deigo Sanchez w/ Greg Jackson, too?

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 04:47:16 AM »
Yep, Diego is also in Greg Jacksons camp.  So is Nate Marquedt and Rashad Evans.  If I were Forrest I would definitely be upset, but to cry in the ring then run off was a little to much.  I gotta admit when he stormed outta there like a little girl I was lmfao!

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »
I was quite surprised at Griffin's reaction.  I was pleased to see Jardine win.

I think Forrest is a better fighter but not on that night.  I would like to see Ortiz vs Griffin re-matched. 

Jardine is no champion but he got the job done.  Forrest proved he still has a lot of growing up to do.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 12:03:01 PM »
Yep, Diego is also in Greg Jacksons camp.  So is Nate Marquedt and Rashad Evans.  If I were Forrest I would definitely be upset, but to cry in the ring then run off was a little to much.  I gotta admit when he stormed outta there like a little girl I was lmfao!

They got some tough dudes out of Jackson's camp.  Joey Villasnor, Carlos Condit.  Tough dudes in NM. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 12:37:43 PM »
It just shows that anything can happen in a fight. Griffin was looking great up to that point, and one punch changed everything.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »
It just shows that anything can happen in a fight. Griffin was looking great up to that point, and one punch changed everything.

So true....

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
It was good to see Jardine win. That shut up the commentators who had been talking about Forrest work ethic etc etc etc

Forrest ain't that good. He's just a brawler.
Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
It was good to see Jardine win. That shut up the commentators who had been talking about Forrest work ethic etc etc etc

Forrest ain't that good. He's just a brawler.

You think they were trying to build Forrest's cred?  Then Keith threw a monkey wrench in the mix.... Much like McDonald did to Herman and Leben. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
You think they were trying to build Forrest's cred?  Then Keith threw a monkey wrench in the mix.... Much like McDonald did to Herman and Leben. 

i dont know about that. i havent seen that much of keith, he looked mean on the ultimate fighter show but he didnt impress that much when they actually fought... i dont see either of these guys being a threat to chuck theyre on a lower lever... forrest would probably stand and trade punches with chuck in the middle of the ring  ::)
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »
forrest seems like a great guy that went from having no money and sleeping on peoples floors to being a champion that everyone likes. thats what makes him popular. i truely believe he will be back and better then ever. he has a lot to improve on but i think hes a pretty good fighter with great potential. the way he fought tito makes believe he belongs. to me i think jardine got lucky..
irongearco.com

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 07:12:40 AM »
Griffin cried like a little girl, no where near as good as he gets credit for, everyone he beats usually just stands there and gets hit, also he was a sheriff before got into mma, so think the whole sleeping on people's floors is just a Dana story to make him look like the "American Dream"

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 03:23:35 PM »
where did you get the info about forrest being a sheriff?
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 03:24:25 PM »
either way the story worked and forrest if popular with ufc fans. i actually like the guy
irongearco.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 04:54:37 AM »
where did you get the info about forrest being a sheriff?

this is what i found

"Griffin came from Athens, Georgia, where he was once a law enforcement officer for the University of Georgia. Forrest trained at the HardCore Gym in Athens GA for 5 years under Adam and Rory Singer. He later retired from police service in Augusta Georgia to pursue professional mixed martial arts."

Z

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 05:03:02 AM »
I think Griffin can bounce back from this defeat. He didn't get dominated, he just got caught. It could happen to anybody.

If Griffin and Jardine fought ten times, Griffin would probably win eight. It's kind of like Poker when you see the percentages and one player has a 20% chance of winning the hand, the other player, 80%, and the underdog gets lucky.

The guy I wonder about is Rich Franklin. The type of beating he took had to leave some mental scars.