Author Topic: Shoulder pain  (Read 4416 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Shoulder pain
« on: February 07, 2016, 08:11:54 AM »
My left shoulder has been sore so I havnt done any pressing movements for 4 weeks it doesn't  hurt do flies or side lateralsraises. It's sharp on the very top outer point of the bone it feels like did flat bench press the 3rd excersize for chest with a barbell for light-sets of 15-20 and I've been out of commission since the bench press is the devil for me.

Sadovnik

• Getbig II
Re: Shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »
I hurt my shoulder doing bench press . dips was the way then + short 1/3 movement range   incline barbell bench press  closer grip. most painful was when I tried to grab dumb bells for flat bench. later I added flat smith m. and pullovers . after 10months feels 60% better but lateral raises still  hurts a bit

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »
I hurt my shoulder doing bench press . dips was the way then + short 1/3 movement range   incline barbell bench press  closer grip. most painful was when I tried to grab dumb bells for flat bench. later I added flat smith m. and pullovers . after 10months feels 60% better but lateral raises still  hurts a bit

It's never gonna heal the way you're approaching this. Have someone fix you or never get back to being 100%
?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 06:10:54 PM »
It's never gonna heal the way you're approaching this. Have someone fix you or never get back to being 100%
agreed
w

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 06:57:25 PM »
Oh shit dude yours sounds way worse than mine! mine is slowly getting better shouldn't be but 4 more weeks until I can train it intensely again I'm gonna stay light slow reps for a while though

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 08:53:09 AM »
Have you tried using a swiss bar-?

When I had shoulder issues a few years back I went to swiss bar pressing and it helped, when I returned to regular bench presses using a straight bar I switched to a thumbless grip ( suicide grip) dangerous I know- but has caused less shoulder issues for sure
Just my 2 cents bro

:)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 08:44:28 PM »
Have you tried using a swiss bar-?

When I had shoulder issues a few years back I went to swiss bar pressing and it helped, when I returned to regular bench presses using a straight bar I switched to a thumbless grip ( suicide grip) dangerous I know- but has caused less shoulder issues for sure
Just my 2 cents bro

:)
i love the Swiss bar
I'm thinking of buying one
w

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 02:25:34 PM »
Shoulder is way better I narrowed it down to the tendon in the left shoulder that kind of goes to the bone of the rotator area. But was just stressed a little had a hamstring do this about a year and a half ago.
Side note Incline pressing is is back to 80 lbs a side for a good slow 20 reps for a few sets. and my chest has been sore as fuck still not gonna overhead press for shoulders tomorrow if I do it'll b light. Not in a hurry I found its better to go slowly each week until slight injuries heal 100%. Appreciate the feedback back

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 10:11:21 AM »
Shoulder is back to 95% still not gonna use super heavy weights. But I am able to use 120s for a flat dbell press no problems I can grown with 120s just have to b higher rep range training, 225 on Incline is easy but extra sets and slower reps make it heavier so I will live with this for a while

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17:33 PM »
i had pain in my shoulder for 4 months, could not even bench a empty bar. long story short, got a cortisone shot into my shoulder, and i was benching lightly 1 week later. worked big time.