Author Topic: Planks 4:31 seconds personal best on planks  (Read 4439 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Planks 4:31 seconds personal best on planks
« on: November 25, 2017, 11:34:18 PM »
55 years old, started a different regime other than the traditional Back Biceps, Chest Triceps, Legs shoulders routine. Ny current workout is the Planet fitness circuit room and a particular body part one day, then stretching and abs with HIIT cardio the next day. I'd like to build up to 7 min ab plank but wonder if its worth it 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Planks 4:31 seconds personal best on planks
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »
Is it worth it? That's for you to decide. If you've set some kind of goal and you reach it, that makes it worth it. IMO
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »
Like Chaos said it really depends on your goal. If your goal is to hold a plank for maximum time then it's worth it. If your goal is to use the plank as a measure of abdominal strength then it's a bit more complex. Obviously you need some abdominal strength to hold a plank for a period of time. But after a certain point it becomes less of a test of abdominal strength and more of a how long can you hold a plank. Does that happen at 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, I don't know. I have never done planks before but the one time I tried it I held for 2 minutes fairly easy.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
Not worth it.... lower back is killing me today. Only thing new is the long plank time so I'll do something else.