Author Topic: I have to vent.....Kids, learn a lesson from this.  (Read 2890 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: I have to vent.....Kids, learn a lesson from this.
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 07:41:51 PM »
If I coulda`,woulda`,shoulda` !!

IF = the biggest 2 letter word in existance.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 08:05:52 PM »
I honestly could have had it all. I am not trying to toot my own horn, but I was a pretty good athlete. In Highschool, I played both baseball and football.

As a freshman (on the freshman team) I started at third base, and hit cleanup. On the football team, I played JV, and was on both defense and offense.

I quit, and chose to get a job.

I still regret not choosing to fully follow my dreams. Guys, don't make the mistake that I did. Follow your dreams to a college scholarship.

I know I had the talent to make it. I flaked out. Simple as that. It will haunt me forever.

so this movie was about you?

"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 08:23:45 PM »
Is there a fantasy board I can move this to?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:13 PM »
I swam.  I was pretty good but not good enough to win at even a state level, and I didn't really enjoy it for the last few years.  It took up a shit ton of my time that could have been far better spent.  I should have quit way earlier.  

There's something to be said for quitting.  You're either going to do something until the end of time or you're going to stop doing it at some point.  Any random kill-time activity that you got signed up for when you were a little kid doesn't necessarily have to be 'the thing that u do' forever and ever.  It's good to recognize that it's nonsense and you've had enough, if you feel that way.  Nobody tells you that when you're young.  If you're stupid, like me, it never occurs to you that you're allowed to stop doing something and go do something else instead.  They just tell you that quitting is bad.  Being a quitter is bad.  Isn't being a continuer of non-enjoyable pointlessness also bad?

Parents: Don't do that to your kids.

[/vent]
Eventually, everyone becomes a quitter at life anyways.  The best we can hope for is to write Beethoven's Ninth.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 09:29:17 PM »
Is there a fantasy board I can move this to?

Maybe add a softball/beer league board to Getbig.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 09:33:01 PM »
Eventually, everyone becomes a quitter at life anyways.  The best we can hope for is to write Beethoven's Ninth.

Comes down to enjoyment for me.  I don't mean every moment has to be ecstasy, and I've got a strong ability to endure shittiness to get a result, but I'm looking for activities (whether work or play) to be rewarding overall.  

In most cases, I think parents involve their kid in sports because they:
1) want to get the kid out of the house,
2) think the kid will meet a better class of 'friends' in sporting circles (false),
3) have baggage and want their son to be a sports star.

These 3 for me, anyway.  Only an exceedingly small percentage of kids are going to be athletically gifted, like pro level gifted, and should be pushed to develop that talent.  Most kids get volunteered to sports rather than volunteering out of their own genuine enthusiasm.  I never once said I wanted to do any of the sports shit they had me do.  Little league.  Soccer.  Track.  Basketball.  Swimming ad nauseum, literally.  Not one of these was I ever keen to join.  Not one did I enjoy once I had joined.  What a lot of stupidity.  

So I'll see Shizzo's 'what if I stayed with sports' and raise him: What if I never wasted all that time participating in sports?  If I had just said, "Doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy, so no, I won't be doing that."  I would have been a far more developed and self-aware person if I had just followed my nose instead of the cacophony of activity I was constantly being shoved into.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 05:30:34 AM »
Maybe add a softball/beer league board to Getbig.

He wouldn't even make that team.

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 05:55:35 AM »
    Severe anal fissures deaded his baseball career