Author Topic: At age 85, former president Bush skydives over Maine coast  (Read 3217 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: At age 85, former president Bush skydives over Maine coast
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »
Decker is one of the most close minded people on this board. 

By and large, there is a lot of back and forth, which is good.

However, you cant deny the fact that the left accuses the right of many of the same things that they themselves are guilty of. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
Decker is one of the most close minded people on this board. 

By and large, there is a lot of back and forth, which is good.

However, you cant deny the fact that the left accuses the right of many of the same things that they themselves are guilty of. 

It's hilarious that you would accuse anyone of being close minded

There's no doubt that there is ugly speech on both sides but I think that in the mainstream media the level of grotesque rhetoric is much worse on the right.   The number of flat out LIES that I see in the mainstream media comes almost exclusively from the right wing stations.

Regarding actual violence there is absolutely no comparison.  The right wins hands down for committing the vast majority of the violent acts.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 12:04:06 PM »
It's hilarious that you would accuse anyone of being close minded

There's no doubt that there is ugly speech on both sides but I think that in the mainstream media the level of grotesque rhetoric is much worse on the right.   The number of flat out LIES that I see in the mainstream media comes almost exclusively from the right wing stations.

Regarding actual violence there is absolutely no comparison.  The right wins hands down for committing the vast majority of the violent acts.

The difference is that I dont portray myself to be something I am not, as do many of the other rw posters on here.

Unibomber was left wing

ELF is a left wing terror org

There are many other examples as well.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 01:19:29 PM »
Easily one of the dumbest threads on the political board.
S

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »
LOL i agree with you but me and you my friend are SANE!!!!!!! the ppl commiting these heinious actions are NOT!!!!!!! a person who is INSANE could be driven to action by slappers words....just like you say they were by oreilly and operation rescue ppl...A SANE person understands the difference so its not the "inflametory" or "inciting" speech thats to blame its the fuking NUT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point was not to prove that slappers posts where inciting violence it was to show the plain idiocy of trying to pawn someones elses actions off on another persons words.....i assume you get my point now....
In your first post in this thread, you claimed that this post was the same kind of "hate speech that libs have been yelling about".In light of this post, it looks like you're admitting that's bullshit.

A few point of clarification, though:

I was not arguing the link between "hate speech" and violence. The point of my argument was that the level of anger was inarguably more intense coming from the right. Looking at the lame quotes you pulled as a counter-argument, I would have to assume you agree. Though, if I was to frame my argument in the context of recent events, I would point out that the anger emanating from the right is so repetitive, so deafening, and so irrational that it's easy to understand why someone with extremist views and violent tendencies would feel comfortable in the movements mainstream. This is not to be confused with blaming GOP mouthpieces with the actions of others, and this wasn't necessarily the case with the holocaust museum shooter.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 02:41:41 PM »
I enjoy reading your posts.  One of the reasons I've cut my time on these boards down is b/c I'm tired of the stream of rightwing crap, projection and nonsense that substitutes for discussion.

Your observations are accurate and your commentary is thoughtful.  That speaks volumes in a forum marked by hyperbole from reactionaries.

Thanks, man. Coming from you, that is high praise, indeed.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 03:01:36 PM »
Unibomber was left wing
how do did you arrive at this conclusion. 

ELF is a left wing terror org

this might be the closest you've got to a left wing terror group.

I don't recall seeing any left/progressive media or politicians in any way supporting their actions

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »
how do did you arrive at this conclusion. 

this might be the closest you've got to a left wing terror group.

I don't recall seeing any left/progressive media or politicians in any way supporting their actions

Straw, what RW media supported the acts against tiller or the haolocaust shooter or others???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »
Straw, what RW media supported the acts against tiller or the haolocaust shooter or others???

Would you like a link to Ann Coulter or OReilly?

Hannity spent more time covering Rev. Wrights comments about the jews then he did on the shooting at the Holocaust Musuem.

According to Media Matters:

"Sean Hannity has devoted a total of one sentence over two editions of his Fox News show to the topic of the June 10 shooting of a security guard at the Holocaust Memorial Museum. "

First O'Reilly continues to lie about the news coverage about the shooting at the military recruitment center and then wonders whether the killing at the Holocaust museum was even newsworthy

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/06/11/oreilly-holocaust-shooting/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 08:26:02 PM »
Stuuuud.   :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 03:48:44 AM »
Still a stud. 

At age 85, former president Bush skydives over Maine coast
Associated Press

KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine — Former President George H.W. Bush marked his 85th birthday today the same way he did his 75th and 80th birthdays: He leaped from a plane and zoomed downward at more than 100 mph in freefall before parachuting safely to a spot near his oceanfront home.

Bush made the tandem jump from 10,500 feet with Sgt. 1st Class Mike Elliott of the Army's Golden Knights, who guided them to a gentle landing on the lawn of St. Ann's Church.

"Well, we made it. It was a great day in the air," Bush said after he was removed from his harness.

He said he enjoyed it so much that he planned to do it again when he turns 90.

When he was president, Bush was an avid jogger, speed golfer, fisherman and tennis player. He said he has slowed down since then, but he doesn't intend to stop moving.

He told reporters that he jumped today for two reasons: to experience the exhilaration of free-falling and to show that seniors can remain active and do fun things.

"Just because you're an old guy, you don't have to sit around drooling in the corner," he said. "Get out and do something. Get out and enjoy life."

His first parachute jump came when his plane was shot down over the Pacific in 1944 during World War II. He bailed out at 1,500 feet after a bombing mission over ChiChi Jima. His two crewmates didn't make it.

In 1997, Bush fulfilled a wartime promise he made to himself that someday he'd jump from a plane for fun by hopping out over Yuma, Ariz., and he jumped again on his 75th birthday at his library in Texas.

His days of solo parachuting ended at age 80 when bad weather forced him to scrap his plan to go alone. He made not one but two tandem jumps, both with Elliott, in Texas.

The skydiving jump marked Bush's seventh parachute leap from an airplane. His last jump was in November 2007 at the reopening of his presidential library at Texas A&M University. He made that jump unannounced after having hip replacement surgery.

Tpday marked his first jump over an ocean since World War II. Joining Bush was anchor Robin Meade from HLN, the cable network formerly known as Headline News. Meade also made a tandem jump with the Golden Knights.

Nancy Brindle, who works at Patten's Farm Stand in Kennebunkport, said she's surprised at the number of local residents who are concerned about Bush's safety but she wasn't worried.

"It's so much fun to live in Kennebunkport and be part of the excitement," she said. "It's a pleasure to be part of it all. It far outweighs any inconveniences."

Former First Lady Barbara Bush doesn't object to her octogenarian husband's fascination with skydiving.

"She is fine with it, particularly now that he does tandem jumps. She has so much trust and faith in the Golden Knights that she's fine with it," said Jean Becker, Bush's chief of staff.

Dr. Tom Perls, director of the New England Centenarian Study, applauded Bush for serving as an example to others — especially seniors — to stay active.

"For Mr. Bush to have this attitude of, you know, carpe diem, really is spot on. Clearly age is not stopping him from doing something that he thinks is really fun, and thrilling," said Perls, a professor at Boston University. "Age, the number, should never stop somebody."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090612/BREAKING/90612032/At+age+85++former+president+Bush+skydives+over+Maine+coast

Great inspiration to all seniors.

Live well and prosper old man.
As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2009, 04:04:14 AM »
Great inspiration to all seniors.

Live well and prosper old man.

::)

Man is a war criminal and you're thinking he should live well and prosper.

I expected more of you Igelkott.
I hate the State.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2009, 04:55:45 AM »
::)

Man is war criminal and you're thinking he should live well and prosper.

I expected more of you Igelkott.

I believe in turning the other cheek.
As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »
I believe in turning the other cheek.

Well, we've done that with nearly every president...
I hate the State.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 07:47:07 AM »
Stuuuud.   :)

i've had over 30 jumps....ocean city maryland airport..
i've jumped after eating hash brownies...meh...not a friggin big deal :-\

let me know when he jumps solo right before a thuderstorm with massive windshear.. ;)  tandem jumps r for pussies...its the leg press of the skydiving world...o btw..my last jump some old lady ..around 65 or so...a doctor..did a solo for her b-day... :-\

i gurantee there were 40 other jumpers with reserve shoots around him :-\

btw..the idiots hands should be further out...his jumpmaster is prolly having a hard time stabilizing..the jump masters right arm is further out and up trying to prevent a spin
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »

i've had over 30 jumps....ocean city maryland airport..
i've jumped after eating hash brownies...meh...not a friggin big deal :-\

let me know when he jumps solo right before a thuderstorm with massive windshear.. ;)  tandem jumps r for pussies...its the leg press of the skydiving world...o btw..my last jump some old lady ..around 65 or so...a doctor..did a solo for her b-day... :-\

i gurantee there were 40 other jumpers with reserve shoots around him :-\

btw..the idiots hands should be further out...his jumpmaster is prolly having a hard time stabilizing..the jump masters right arm is further out and up trying to prevent a spin

You skydived while on drugs?   ???

An 85-year-old skydiver is extremely impressive.  There are a lot of people his age and younger who can barely walk, much less jump out of a plane. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »
Well, we've done that with nearly every president...

For the record, I think GWB should be put on trial.

Not that I think he ever will be, but I definitely support the case for getting him there.
As empty as paradise

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2009, 08:04:56 AM »
Remember BB still believes in WMD...

You have to be joking.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
For the record, I think GWB should be put on trial.

Not that I think he ever will be, but I definitely support the case for getting him there.

Will never happen. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:29 AM »
He should've done it WITHOUT the parachute.

You might be about 63 yrs too late on that one.  :-\
w

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2009, 05:15:19 AM »
You skydived while on drugs?   ???

first jump ever...ate me some hash brownies...  :-*

it ws the shiznits!
carpe` vaginum!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2009, 05:54:05 AM »
You have to be joking.

Nope, BB's credo=USA can do no wrong and everyone else is wrong, pretty simple.
I hate the State.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2009, 06:06:01 AM »

thsi father son combo has led to the mess we r in now...

looking at it mathematically what r the odds of person becoming prez and then his son following (without <ahem> help)
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »
first jump ever...ate me some hash brownies...  :-*

it ws the shiznits!

Crazy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

God Bless America.  Troll.   :)