Author Topic: first two chapters of my training system.  (Read 28469 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: first two chapters of my training system.
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2014, 07:41:38 AM »

actually sev if you want to know what borat 'should' look like take a look at one of Noel fullers guys. they'd wipe the floor w poor borat here in both conditioning and quality of tissue.

he takes a lot of heat on here for spamming but he knows how to get guys in shape. quality dense fibre.

unlike your 'proteges' they actually look like they train.
b

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2014, 08:27:20 AM »
what does a hammer weigh?

the growth environment were going to create in you using adaptation isn't reliant so much on 'poundage and weight' but more on frequency and very limited rest periods thereby forcing the body to respond to this stimulus- and that's where all the good stuff happens.

given workload and very little rest the body is forced to adapt to keep up. it's during this adaptation it creates the perfect environment of becoming more resilient and efficient to meet the demands your placing on it.

Cool, thanks I'll get back to you in a month and a half or so when I can get back in the gym :)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:50 AM »
I will def say that hitting muscles frequently is by far my favorite way to train. Went from once a week when began training, to twice, and now three times hitting each muscle a week. Very enjoyable with the shorter rest periods (if any) as well.

Simple Simon

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2014, 09:23:52 AM »

He looks worse than he did two weeks ago.

Great work Sev, if hes bulking again that is.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »
Send Borat to No One.  >:(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:17 AM »
For the past 4 months I have been doing high volume training- 26-46 sets, 5-6 days a week with one minute rest between each set.  Looking at pictures I have taken, it seems to have really worked well since the same body weight looks different.  I also noticed that I overcame plateaus and I am able to increase weight from when I started.  I also noticed I can greatly increase my calories without any ill effect.  I am up around 3500 calories with no weight gain (fat) whatsoever.

I used to train VERY heavy, rest as much to recover for the next set.  Not much was happening for a long time.  

No One, will your training protocols be similar to the above?

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
For the past 4 months I have been doing high volume training- 26-46 sets, 5-6 days a week with one minute rest between each set.  Looking at pictures I have taken, it seems to have really worked well since the same body weight looks different.  I also noticed that I overcame plateaus and I am able to increase weight from when I started.  I also noticed I can greatly increase my calories without any ill effect.  I am up around 3500 calories with no weight gain (fat) whatsoever.

I used to train VERY heavy, rest as much to recover for the next set.  Not much was happening for a long time.  

No One, will your training protocols be similar to the above?

how often are you training each group?

we are similar yet different.

my program is 10 seconds rest between sets or however long it takes to go from station to station with purpose. all straight set work. less focus on poundage more on running the pump and feeling the body part you want to work. lower set volume than you. more frequency. whole body training.

the average trainer reading this is going to go holy fuck I can do that. if you train one body part a day resting the typical 1-1:30 between sets ya then jumping into this is going to fuck you up. you'll hurt yourself. this routine is no joke. but i show you how to get there from where you are. there's 3 stages. first we work on your efficiency- the ability of your muscle to perform work in a very compressed amount of time. once we get you efficient then we increase your frequency- the number of sessions your training per week. once you have adapted to both of those levels then your ready for the meat of the program.

the beauty is you are going to notice results from the time you start it till the time you get into the last level. because that whole time your forcing your body to adapt to the stresses your placing it under. and that's quite simply what this is all abt. forcing your body to become a function of your work your giving it.

like your finding TA increasing the demands you place on your body increases it's efficiency, function and cosmetic appeal.

you can carry gobs of tissue and be a highly functioning machine. you don't have to sacrifice one for the other like we have been led to believe.
b

threetrees

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2014, 11:09:14 AM »
can one look forward to a bodybuilding book without sounding like a homo?

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2014, 11:30:41 AM »
when you say no rest between sets, do you mean you do a single bodypart circuit e.g. one exercise to the other or do you rest 10 secs and do another set of the same exercise?

edit:

how do ou deal with joints pains from doing pushing exercises every day/other day

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »

how often are you training each group?

we are similar yet different.

my program is 10 seconds rest between sets or however long it takes to go from station to station with purpose. all straight set work. less focus on poundage more on running the pump and feeling the body part you want to work. lower set volume than you. more frequency. whole body training.

the average trainer reading this is going to go holy fuck I can do that. if you train one body part a day resting the typical 1-1:30 between sets ya then jumping into this is going to fuck you up. you'll hurt yourself. this routine is no joke. but i show you how to get there from where you are. there's 3 stages. first we work on your efficiency- the ability of your muscle to perform work in a very compressed amount of time. once we get you efficient then we increase your frequency- the number of sessions your training per week. once you have adapted to both of those levels then your ready for the meat of the program.

the beauty is you are going to notice results from the time you start it till the time you get into the last level. because that whole time your forcing your body to adapt to the stresses your placing it under. and that's quite simply what this is all abt. forcing your body to become a function of your work your giving it.

like your finding TA increasing the demands you place on your body increases it's efficiency, function and cosmetic appeal.

you can carry gobs of tissue and be a highly functioning machine. you don't have to sacrifice one for the other like we have been led to believe.
How long would a typical workout last in your estimate?

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2014, 12:58:59 PM »
can one look forward to a bodybuilding book without sounding like a homo?

lol yes. no homo.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
when you say no rest between sets, do you mean you do a single bodypart circuit e.g. one exercise to the other or do you rest 10 secs and do another set of the same exercise?

edit:

how do ou deal with joints pains from doing pushing exercises every day/other day

if I'm doing bench for example I'll do 8 reps. or whatever. maybe 3-4 doesn't matter. then I'll rack it. sit up. catch my breath. another set. repeat. then I'll go to do the pec dec say. same scenario. there's no rest. no talk. no bullshit. the whole workout is like that. there's no talking to someone abt how weak lebron is or how much your gf is being a bitch. save that shit for home. your here to create an environment that forces adaptation.
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
if I'm doing bench for example I'll do 8 reps. or whatever. maybe 3-4 doesn't matter. then I'll rack it. sit up. catch my breath. another set. repeat. then I'll go to do the pec dec say. same scenario. there's no rest. no talk. no bullshit. the whole workout is like that. there's no talking to someone abt how weak lebron is or how much your gf is being a bitch. save that shit for home. your here to create an environment that forces adaptation.
Pretty much my approach
As soon as I find myself looking around the gym daydreaming, Im done.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
How long would a typical workout last in your estimate?

1hr. by the end of it just from the weights alone.
b

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »
So its essentially a giant set sponsored by Animalpak?

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »
Quick question please No One. The reasons always stated opposing over training are that you would continually be tearing down the same muscle fibres over and over and not giving them enough time to rest and grow. This made sense to me when I read it and then experienced doms, etc. How do you view this and what are your thoughts?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »
Just reading this has my enthusiasm to train coming back a bit.

Been in a huge rut lately and have no desire to train whatsoever.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
I've often wondered about this...world class cyclists ride every day, they all seem to have very well developed legs...

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2014, 04:42:39 PM »
Quick question please No One. The reasons always stated opposing over training are that you would continually be tearing down the same muscle fibres over and over and not giving them enough time to rest and grow. This made sense to me when I read it and then experienced doms, etc. How do you view this and what are your thoughts?

I address this in the book. lets just say the basis for this system is the exact opposite of conventional wisdom.

my man chiro messaged me and he sees exactly where I'm going w this ago how a an important function of any organism in any environment called adaptation creates an environment of resiliency and efficiency. this system uses that very function to create a more highly functioning machine.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »
I've often wondered about this...world class cyclists ride every day, they all seem to have very well developed legs...

awesome catch. an example I use in the book. repetitive stress over frequent periods cause an adaptation in cyclists to handle the demands of the stresses of cycling > increased thigh mass. a more efficient muscle capable of performing prolonged taxing levels of activity.

cyclists thighs adapt to the stresses of the training they undergo to meet the demands of that activity.

but we can't condition our whole body like this cause the 'science' says we'll 'overtrain'.

know what the funny thing about common sense is? it's not all that common.

we've been fed science and bullshit for too long w/o questioning it. its time to get down to what works. use the bodies key biological function to create that response we want- adaptation cause that's where the growth and increases in performance lie.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »

so doug white and cyclists can create world class tissue, and monte can do countless hours of cardiovascular activity can hold incredibly respectable amounts of lean tissue but you and I can't. right?

NO CAUSE YOU'LL OVER TRAIN! THE SCIENCE / STUDIES SAYS SO!

haha I got one for you- FUCK SCIENCE.

b

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 09:59:12 PM »
skimmed past the first page of the thread...  is this book done, and ready to read?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »
actually sev if you want to know what borat 'should' look like take a look at one of Noel fullers guys. they'd wipe the floor w poor borat here in both conditioning and quality of tissue.

he takes a lot of heat on here for spamming but he knows how to get guys in shape. quality dense fibre.

unlike your 'proteges' they actually look like they train.
:D

what a meltdown machine

Simple Simon

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »
:D

what a meltdown machine

Epic comeback, no one wont recover.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
Epic comeback, no one wont recover.

No One is finished.